Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 3:59 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH! Waited sooo hard for this!

And even read in another thread that it works with WA! Will test it tonight!

Thanks Delphy!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:06 PM
Excellent work Delphy. I'll try and test this later tonight if I have the time.

Noooo you took my provolone cheese!!!!
Test Subject
#28 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 2:22 AM
Hmm. Very cool idea, been waiting for it, but just if we could fix these minor things. All the modding I do is very basic, like... TES Oblivion construction set basic so I couldn't really help you. My only suggestion is that someone slaps EA up the back of the head. As if they hadn't thought of that yet. Still, love the effort and I'm testing it ASAP!

╔══╦═╦══╦══╦╗
║║║║═╬╗╔╣══║║
║║║║═╣║║║╔╗║╚╗
╚╩╩╩═╝╚╝╚╝╚╩═╝
Mad Poster
#29 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 8:46 PM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not, but I made a taller female and enlarged her chest. Had her "Try for Baby" with a default male. They had twin girls, both of which had the Mom's height, and one of them had her chest too! Enlarged sizes are inherited!!!! It just keeps getting better and better!!!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 3:50 AM
This here is great . Thank you once again Delphy
Test Subject
#31 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not, but I made a taller female and enlarged her chest. Had her "Try for Baby" with a default male. They had twin girls, both of which had the Mom's height, and one of them had her chest too! Enlarged sizes are inherited!!!! It just keeps getting better and better!!!

yea. all the slider things are genetic as I read.

(but personally I want a chest slider for male too. if a male is made taller by this height slider, his chest will look kinda flat in a weird way.)
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 6:21 AM
Thanks so much! Sim heights were bugging me, but all solved. Have been fooling with this and had a chance to do a lot of testing thanks to loosing my last week's adventuring (hurf). So far I haven't seen any issues with WA content - holds the edge of dive wells/chests/secret doors perfectly, no issues with the Pangu's Axe animation, swimming animation not damaged, haven't seen any funny clipping, the new WA clothing all adjusts well, and in every way this mod is frakin' amazing. Using it in conjunction with the slider hack as well, and still no issues provided one doesn't overdo it.

A few little inter-sim hiccups that have already been mentioned - making out is a tad odd, but the majority either work fine or almost fully make the adjustment. Had my token himbo do the 'leap into arms' option with a normal-sized girl and it looked hilarious, she was giving me a dirty look with most of her face smothered in his shoulder.
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 10:13 PM
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but when I download the file on the first page of this thread, in CAS, it only makes the Sims height decrease, not increase, at all. It's set as their tallest, and moving the slider to the right only makes them shorter (and horribly deformed, even slightly shorter only allows for knee bending and neck shortening).

I'd really love to try this out, but for some reason, all I'm getting is the "Short" version.
Instructor
#34 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 9:23 AM
I get the same problem too. Knee bending. I can't make my sims look taller like in the screenshot in the first page, instead the knee is bending.

How to fix it?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 10:56 AM
What game / patch level are you using?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Instructor
#36 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 11:42 AM Last edited by Celebriton : 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:19 PM.
Sorry, I forget to remove another CAS sliders. It work now. This is amazing, I wait this height slider for a long time, thank you.

Is possible to make this Height sliders compatible with Johna's CAS 5 sliders and Delphy's Adjustable Female Breast sliders?

Edit: I success to run both Height sliders and other CAS sliders. I remove other CAS sliders, except height slider. Run TS3, and then exit. Put again another CAS sliders along with height slider. It works!

I want to report bugs before the final release. It's look like the body longer than the legs. I think the problem is in the shoulder, the shoulder shape is a bit longer than the rest of the body. Creating this height slider must be very complicated.

This also give me an idea. How about separate height slider into body height and legs height sliders? For more customization.

Thank you so much. I can't wait you release the final version.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:21 PM
My breast sliders are already in a different UI panel anyway, so they wouldn't conflict. So long as you keep to less than 20 sliders overall (including base game ones), it should work fine. There are, however, slider overrides to allow you have more.

Instructor
#38 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 5:46 PM
I think my trick didn't work. It back again to knee bending. I try different trick, like put HeightSlider.package into parent folder, so it will load first before other CAS sliders packages. So far it work. I still need to test it several times to make sure it 100% work.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 8:31 PM
This happened to me too - the tall slider worked fine before but then both directions gave the short morph. I'm still on original game, 1.4.6, haven't installed any patches recently. All I did was put in a few experimental sliders, one of which was in a separate section (eyes) and also stopped working mysteriously. When I took out the experimental ones, the height slider started working normally again.

I'm using a mod to increase the number of sliders that's always worked before.

Thoughts that maybe someone who can look in the code could check out: Could there be an overall limit of total number of sliders in the game? And does a bi-directional slider count as one or two? (Doubtful that it's two, I guess, since the per-panel limit of 20 has been confirmed.)
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 9:50 PM
I'm using base game, version 1.78 I believe. I have a bunch of sliders, and I think it would work if I got the tall download, but it seems that only the short one is uploaded, even though it says tall. I know the short slider doesn't seem to work either way, all I want is the tall slider, no bi directionals or anything else. I have the slider overrides and have never experienced any problems before.
Instructor
#41 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 3:57 AM
My trick work! I try several times and load many families and neighborhood. I haven't test it to go to WA adventure destination.

The heightslider.package need to be loaded first before the rest of CAS sliders mod. Put heightslider.package in parent folder and the rest of CAS sliders in child folder, it will make heightslider.package loaded first before the other.

I use all CAS sliders mod including more muscular and fat sliders, Johna's 5 sliders, Delphy's breast sliders and Awesomemod double scale CAS sliders.

I want to report more bugs. The shoulder not only longer, but also wider, the shape is a bit different too. The head is also bigger or longer. I use head size slider, head height slider and shoulder slider to fix it.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 11:36 AM
RedLipGlossLies: The slider that is uploaded here contains both the short and the tall versions, but the short one is disabled. What I might do is do a version that contains ONLY the tall version, and see if that fixes the weirdness.

Scholar
#43 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton

This also give me an idea. How about separate height slider into body height and legs height sliders? For more customization.

Thank you so much. I can't wait you release the final version.

That sounds like a good idea, especially the leg slider idea. I have this height slider hack and like having the choice of taller Sims, but would really love the choice of smaller Sims too. Since the knee-bending happens with the current height slider, would it be possible to make Sims shorter with a leg height slider? To give the option at least to make the legs shorter than they are now? Since the height slider doesn't work (yet), this could be the next option... Would you consider creating this, Delphy?

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 8:32 AM
this is so awesome. thank you! if only sims could bend down or stand on their tiptoes to kiss. but anyway, it still rocks without that!

i don't make mods or CC or anything (though i am an avid downloader) & i'm wondering why all these sliders are coming out for TS3 but they didn't have them for TS2. as someone who doesn't mod, if it's too complicated to explain to me then that's fine. i'm just curious ^_^

I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop.
Scholar
#45 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PiZ
i don't make mods or CC or anything (though i am an avid downloader) & i'm wondering why all these sliders are coming out for TS3 but they didn't have them for TS2. as someone who doesn't mod, if it's too complicated to explain to me then that's fine. i'm just curious ^_^

I too wonder why TS2 hasn't got sliders like these either - I actually did a search for them but haven't come up trumps yet. It would be awesome to have them for both too, lol... (goes back on the search)

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 3:09 AM
I read through all the comments and I found nothing: Is it genetic? Is the height passed down?

What about pregnancy? I am just really curious and excited.

Going to test. Ty very much!

-Affy
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I too wonder why TS2 hasn't got sliders like these either - I actually did a search for them but haven't come up trumps yet. It would be awesome to have them for both too, lol... (goes back on the search)

You don't need a height slider in TS2 with the stretchskeleton cheat.

Delphy, thank you for being so awesome!

My Stories:
The Shadow (TS3 story) Completed
Alternate Universe (TS2 story) Chapter 30 1/19/11
The Gang (Originally a TS3 story, but converted to TS2) Chapter 4 Re-post 1/13/11
Scholar
#48 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by certain
You don't need a height slider in TS2 with the stretchskeleton cheat.

Oh, I knew that lolol... sorry - I probably didn't make myself clear. I was talking about mods to make the existing TS2 sliders more extreme - like really big ears, really long noses, longer necks etc - all while in game. My fave slider hack for TS3 (I think Delphy created it) is the Bobblehead, which makes the heads huge or really tiny. I'd love to have something like that in TS2 and that's what I've been searching for online, but no luck.. Sorry I didn't clarify before :D

...Titanium white...
Banned
#49 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 7:43 PM
The only problem seems to be the shoulders rising up too. It looks ridiculous.

That said, it is great for making scary ghosts.

Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 11:04 AM
This works fine. Thank you. The Sims are taller, but how can I make them smaller?
Page 2 of 10