Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Drift/Lower Level Live Mode Camera Mod

by cmomoney Posted 21st Jan 2010 at 6:43 PM - Updated 3rd Nov 2012 at 3:22 PM by cmomoney

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:32 PM
I was waiting for a mod like this, since Sims3 appear. I used to work with one of that in Sims2.
Tanks a lot!
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 11:22 AM
Yay! I hated the TS3 camera from the very first second!

It's the jellyfish! IT'S THE JELLYFISH!!!
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 11:54 AM
Thank you for this, I never cared for the camera in sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 3:09 PM
It really is complimentary to the free cam - thank you for sharing this!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 9:54 PM
While I like what your cam does I noticed something strange with it. When I try to focus on my sims now I see mostly they're torso. I took your cam mod and it went back to normal.

Kind of annoying when your just interested in following them around. I always have to move my cam to see what they're doing. I hope this can fixed. =)
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfgurl685
While I like what your cam does I noticed something strange with it. When I try to focus on my sims now I see mostly they're torso. I took your cam mod and it went back to normal.

Kind of annoying when your just interested in following them around. I always have to move my cam to see what they're doing. I hope this can fixed. =)

I made the nodrift/lowerlevel version more for taking pictures and such, rather that normal gameplay. But I will see what I can do about that

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 2:30 PM
I like the lower level camera mod, but one thing that nags me is the keyboard arrows making the camera move slower, as I'm used too using the keyboard to move fast (I use right click to move the camera slowly for more precise shots).
Is there a chance you could make a version without the keyboard movement change? or having it as a separate mod?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 3:24 PM
You can increase the speed by holding SHIFT while using the arrows.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:40 AM
Ok, didn't know about the shift key. I guess I can live with that, thanks.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 7:19 PM
I just want to know is this compatible with game version 2.33.33?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 7:48 PM
I'm not sure, but you could always try it and if it isn't just delete the package from your mods folder and all will be well

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 11:09 PM
Thanks, this is really good.
When I ever I rotate wayyy wayyy back, I get really dizzy XD
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by litt0_lia
Thanks, this is really good.
When I ever I rotate wayyy wayyy back, I get really dizzy XD

Maybe I should add that as one of te features

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 5:58 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not sure where put this mod
to The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder...? or somewhere else?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Milfe
I'm sorry but I'm not sure where put this mod
to The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder...? or somewhere else?

Yes, just drop it in your mods folder.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 11:00 AM
thank you so much it works great ^_^
yey now I can see gnomes eye to eye XD
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:29 AM
I downloaded this mainly for the lower-level-view camera, because it always bugged me that it was so difficult to see toddlers! However, I found that in game it made it impossible to scroll out very far and I had trouble viewing some of my larger houses as a whole from above, which I also like to do when monitoring the activities of many sims at once. So, I have disabled the mod for now but wondered if it was possible to make a mod for a lower-level view but where you can still scroll out as far (or at least almost as far) as normal. If not, no prob, just curious if it's even possible.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyCynthiana
I downloaded this mainly for the lower-level-view camera, because it always bugged me that it was so difficult to see toddlers! However, I found that in game it made it impossible to scroll out very far and I had trouble viewing some of my larger houses as a whole from above, which I also like to do when monitoring the activities of many sims at once. So, I have disabled the mod for now but wondered if it was possible to make a mod for a lower-level view but where you can still scroll out as far (or at least almost as far) as normal. If not, no prob, just curious if it's even possible.

Updated to increase zoom out distance. Please re-download and thanks for your comments and suggestions

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 2:42 PM
This mod doesn't use the VideoCamera.ini, it's just a packaged xml. And I've never had to delete the scriptCache to return to the default camera.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 1:59 AM
Yes it should

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#22 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 9:51 PM
Thanks, I'm no longer dreading making an attempt at sims3 movies!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 5:18 PM
Wonderful~! Exactly what I needed.
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th May 2010 at 2:10 AM
Is this compatible with AM?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 7:26 AM
Yes it works with Ambitions.
Page 1 of 3