Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 8:13 PM Last edited by Delphy : 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:27 PM.
Default Sims 3 patch 1.12/2.7/3.3
Quote:
Game Update for 1.12/2.7/3.3
POSTED ON 05/28/10 05:34 PM

To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes:
  • This game update enables dynamic ad serving capabilities in The Sims 3. However, there are no immediate plans to activate any content of this kind. The Sims 3 EULA has further details. See http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.
  • Lights placed on residential and community lots will now properly display onto the neighborhood
  • Sims may now walk and stand on bridges
  • Players who play The Sims 3 with game modifications can now create a folder in which to place their game modifications. The folder should be located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourComputer\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods

• When Mods are placed in the official Mod folder, a notification will appear to remind players that Mods are installed.
  • Placing Mod packages into the Mod folder is an officially sanctioned way to bypass assembly signing verification. The Resource.cfg file must be placed in this folder in order for the modifications to work correctly.
  • When Mods are installed that are incompatible, the player will receive a message notifying them of the error.

Additional bug fixes to existing features

Edit Town Mode

* Players may now add, delete, and move residential and community lots from the Edit Town menu
* Players may now add, delete, and move neighborhood decorative objects from the Edit Town menu
* Players may now purchase and upgrade neighborhood community lots using the new Real Estate system via the Computer
* When using the Library in Edit Town, lots will now display their venue type (i.e. Park)

Gameplay Changes

* Story Progression has been improved to prevent Sims required to complete Opportunities from changing.
* Sim genetics have been improved so that children now better reflect their parents’ skin tone and hairstyles.
* Sims can unlock outfit choices and share them with household members when using the “Plan Outfit” interaction on the Dresser.

Build/Buy Mode

* Players may now use Create a Style on Ceilings or add and delete them when in Build Mode
* Players may now use Create a Style on the edges of floor tiles
* When placing walls, rooms, foundations/decks, floor tiles, roofs, pools, fences, and basements the measuring tape tool will display to aid in more precise building.
* Wall Covering sets can now be found in a tab in Build Mode
* Players may now manipulate the roof pitch for individual roof sections when in Build Mode
* Sculptures can be found in a new Sculpture sorting category when in Buy Mode

Create a Sim

* Players may now use the Tattoo feature to customize Sims when in Create a Sim
* Players may now select the Fiancé, Girlfriend, and Boyfriend relationship settings when in Create a Sim

UI & Controls

* The user-interfaces for Sim View and Map View have been merged to provide more control and consistency between the two modes.
* The Opportunity interface has been improved to clearly outline the fiction, gameplay objectives, rewards, and Opportunity location for all Opportunities and Adventures.

World Adventures

* Certain Adventures and Opportunities will properly display in the Opportunities Panel when traveling between worlds

This update adds some very nice changes - not least of which, finally a user level Mods folder that bypasses assembly signing. The question is - do mods put in this new folder have the Custom Content flag, and do they show in Show Custom Content in game?

Let us know your thoughts!

If you're having problems with the patch...

Please remember to post about it in the Help section. There, we can help you one-on-one figure out what the problem is, and see if there's a solution. This also helps us with bug tracking as we can keep the info in one place and not get one person's problem confused with another.

If you are having problems, issues, errors, or questions related to the patch, please post in the Help section! Do NOT post issues with the patch on this thread please.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
21 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Wiki Wizard
#2 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 8:44 PM
This is such a great update, it really has some great new tools from a builders perspective, personally I think the whole ceiling CAST is brilliant! I cannot wait to install this and start using it!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Instructor
#3 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 8:49 PM
Awesome update. It's cool how we actually have a proper place designated by EA for user created mods, perhaps they will not screw up so much now? Ha! Fingers crossed eh? :-) It's also awesome how they have finally sorted out the genetics thing! Best update yet.

^_^
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 8:59 PM Last edited by DaveyDaVinci : 1st Jun 2010 at 9:23 PM.
This game update enables dynamic ad serving capabilities in The Sims 3. However, there are no immediate plans to activate any content of this kind. The Sims 3 EULA has further details. See http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.

So yeah. Soon we will see Ads in game. Hoorrraaaaayyyyy!

I read the *No immediate plans*...but let me translate for you

"We are releasing ad capability in waves, so it will be less of a shock when you suddenly have TSR ads playing on the side of your neighbor's house"

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaveyDaVinci
This game update enables dynamic ad serving capabilities in The Sims 3. However, there are no immediate plans to activate any content of this kind. The Sims 3 EULA has further details. See http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas.

So yeah. Soon we will see Ads in game. Hoorrraaaaayyyyy!

And before you argue, I read it...I read the *No immediate plans*...but let me translate for you

"We are releasing ad capability in waves, so it will be less of a shock when you suddenly have TSR ads playing on the side of your neighbor's house"

You're probably right But hopefully some of the talented people in this community'll find a way to bypass it when it happens ...

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 9:40 PM
Ugh, ads again! Yeah I hope someone will be able to disable that. :/
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 9:41 PM
I cannot get Johna's slider hack to work with this patch. I have singled the slider hack out as the only thing that is causing the game to minimize and a little note to pop up saying that I have custom mods downloaded that conflict with the game. Then the game crashes before it even loads! I like Johna's slider hack. I will look for an updated version that might solve the problem. Just wanted to put this out there for other users. Thanks
Instructor
#8 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
This update adds some very nice changes - not least of which, finally a user level Mods folder that bypasses assembly signing. The question is - do mods put in this new folder have the Custom Content flag, and do they show in Show Custom Content in game?

Custom content DOES have a flag showing in build mode and at least on clothing in CAS mode.

P.S.:

If you aren't sure how to setup the new Mod directories and Resource.cfg, my Custom Launcher http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...089#post3183089 does that correctly now.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abbygene
I cannot get Johna's slider hack to work with this patch. I have singled the slider hack out as the only thing that is causing the game to minimize and a little note to pop up saying that I have custom mods downloaded that conflict with the game. Then the game crashes before it even loads! I like Johna's slider hack. I will look for an updated version that might solve the problem. Just wanted to put this out there for other users. Thanks

Jonha's slider hack is a core mod. Since this update adds a significant amount of new material (the tattoos part of CAS added tons of new code), it may be awhile before any core mod becomes compatible with this update.

I have a nagging suspicion that this new EA designated Mods location will disallow any scripted mods. Has anyone tried to run anything of Twallan's yet?

(EDIT) I just checked NRaas, and Twallan has stated that his mods are incompatible with Ambitions (and any related patches), and he recommends playing the game vanilla until he updates his mods.

I re-read the update a little more closely, and saw the line about "officially sanctioned way to bypass assembly signing verification" which means that core mods and scripted mods should still be ok. Silly me for worrying prematurely.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:08 PM
Hmm... not so sure how much I enjoy this patch. I installed it, and so far I've only noticed things that really annoy me, such as:

-My sims aging has been royally screwed up. The 'short' lifespan in the game is 220 days. Thats 14 days of life for a toddler! Any way to fix this?
-Parents and teenagers are basically ignoring their own needs in order to play with the babies and toddlers. Two of my adults chose to 'Play With' their baby as opposed to feeding themselves when they were fully in the red, and the baby was completely full in all his needs. Gah!
-The coloring of the needs bars and the over all control panel has been dimmed and made transparent. Is there a way to change this?

Other than those few terribly annoying things, the game is certainly running a lot faster. Anyone else have weird bugs like these?

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
Instructor
#11 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rez Delnava
I have a nagging suspicion that this new EA designated Mods location will disallow any scripted mods. Has anyone tried to run anything of Twallan's yet?

I've got several installed...

So far, no errors, but also, no functionality. I'm working on testing that now.

More to follow...
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:19 PM
I recently tried to make use of the EA generated Sim's mod installer, and it does not allow me access to my mods. Could I bother you for some help? I would be very great-full!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:25 PM
Quote:
* Sim genetics have been improved so that children now better reflect their parents’ skin tone and hairstyles.

I wonder what this means for non-default skins created with Skinnator...

I will have to do some tests after I get back from class. Will probably have to update my UI mod as well. This looks like it will be an eventful evening for me.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:48 PM
I'm new to this whole asking-questions-on-the-forum thing, so I'll apologize in advance if I accidentally do something idiotic.

but my question is, I can't seem to figure out the new alleged "Mods" folder in the main Sims 3 folder... do we just transplant the mods folder from the program files one? what does one have to do to get custom content to work with Ambitions now? anything I had installed from a .Sims3Pack or whatever from the launcher seems to be showing up fine, but none of my .package files. I installed the new expansion after moving my mods folder to my desktop so it hopefully shouldn't have upset it from the start, and then I tried possibly moving it to the my documents location, and that didn't work. then I tried putting it back where I had it before, and I don't know if that might have worked eventually, but my game appeared to be frozen on the startup screen (with the green loading bar, I don't know the official name for it). task manager said it was "Running" though, so maybe I was just being impatient. anyway, I would love to get this stuff working again! help?
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:59 PM
rp391:

Here is what I did to get it working:

First, go to your "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" folder and create a folder called Mods.

Inside this create two folders.

1) Packages
2) DCCache

Also inside the Mods folder place a Resource.cfg file like this
Code:
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

This Resource.cfg is based on the one from Delphy's Framework Installer and appears to work just fine.

Notice that this Resource.cfg file goes INSIDE the Mods folder and doesn't reference Mods/Packages like the old style Resource.cfg files.

You can now copy any of your existing packages from your old Mods/Packages folder (for example: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages) to this new Packages folder.
Site Helper
#16 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ImperialModder
Ugh, ads again! Yeah I hope someone will be able to disable that. :/

I remember that question coming up on Custom Sims 3 the first time there were rumors of ad content. I liked Wes's idea of setting up a dummy server on your computer and letting the game pull its ads from there instead of the official source. I still think that would be more fun than stomping them altogether. That would be another lovely category of CC for our sims, too.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
rp391:

Here is what I did to get it working:

First, go to your "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" folder and create a folder called Mods.

Inside this create two folders.

1) Packages
2) DCCache

Also inside the Mods folder place a Resource.cfg file like this
Code:
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

This Resource.cfg is based on the one from Delphy's Framework Installer and appears to work just fine.

Notice that this Resource.cfg file goes INSIDE the Mods folder and doesn't reference Mods/Packages like the old style Resource.cfg files.

You can now copy any of your existing packages from your old Mods/Packages folder (for example: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages) to this new Packages folder.

there a folder already called DCCache do u move it to the mods folder or make a new one there?
Instructor
#18 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidfu
there a folder already called DCCache do u move it to the mods folder or make a new one there?

I've never seen any content in that folder... Anything in a cache should(???) be regenerated as needed.

Just create a new one...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:01 AM
Do we still need that dll thing?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Do we still need that dll thing?

Unknown at this time. So far no-one has updated a script mod to the new standards (that I know of), although twallen says he's updating NRaas stuff right now...

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.ph...1e&topic=3813.0
Test Subject
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:10 AM
I did exactly what you said to do and I tried it this way and that and I can't get any of my custom content to show up after installing the new patch (and I even don't have ambitions yet because of borked pre-ordering, courtesy of EA). I have the Delphy Helper Monkey Installer could that interfere with anything?
Thanks for the help!
Instructor
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Circicuta
I did exactly what you said to do and I tried it this way and that and I can't get any of my custom content to show up after installing the new patch (and I even don't have ambitions yet because of borked pre-ordering, courtesy of EA). I have the Delphy Helper Monkey Installer could that interfere with anything?
Thanks for the help!

The update today installed new files with a different format for some mods

If you have just plain Custom Content, like clothing, etc. It should work just fine.

Core Mods and script mods won't work until their authors update them.

I suspect that with this update you Must use the new Mods folder as described a few posts back. I haven't tested that yet, but it would be likely.

If you still have problems, download the launcher from the link in post #8 of this thread and run it. (Only works for Windows) It should help you get the mod framework correct.
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:28 AM Last edited by 4pairs : 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:42 AM.
Default I am having similiar problem
I am having the same problem with custom content.

But, the only different for me that that some of the content is actually showing up! I think the content that is showing up is the content that when through the launcher.

What I am trying to do is get the official mods folder to work! I have the two folders you recommended to the first questioner and i have the resource file. And, I have install helper as that person does.

I don't know if this folder is connecting to the game. I haven't gotten a reminder message or anything like that. I.. don't know whats up.

When and where do you get the reminder message that the mods folder is in use?
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:30 AM
So .. hold on.

I have Cut my Mods folder from MyComputer to the designated place provided by EA .. nothing works .. :S

Help.
Instructor
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anniehunnie
So .. hold on.

I have Cut my Mods folder from MyComputer to the designated place provided by EA .. nothing works .. :S

Help.

See Post #15... There are more steps involved than just copying the folder...
Locked thread
Page 1 of 4