Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 6:33 AM
The rats are so cute!!!
Do you think that if EA comes out with a Sims 3 pets game, the cats will catch the mice? He he... brings back fond memories of Sims 1! Hmmm... and I hope they finally include horses...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Renbexcca
The rats are so cute!!!
Do you think that if EA comes out with a Sims 3 pets game, the cats will catch the mice? He he... brings back fond memories of Sims 1! Hmmm... and I hope they finally include horses...

I have a feeling horses are coming...see attached picture
Screenshots

You have faith in God, Whose power will protect you until the last day. Then He will save you, just as He has always planned to do.
1 Peter 1:5

Field Researcher
#28 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 10:52 PM
Oh I have never seen the rats. They are so cute!

My username here is sweetichigodream, but I am better known as Helena and/or Funny Bunny! :) would love to change username...
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:17 AM Last edited by Charity : 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Renbexcca
The rats are so cute!!!

The hunting action in Sims 1 was cool. Especially the little censor blur to hide the carnage from us lol. I was disappointed that they didn't have it in Sims 2. I really want a pet expansion for Sims 3 soon. A neighbourhood isn't complete without cats and dogs.
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 6:05 AM
I must say I've never seen rats. Where are they? O_o
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 2:58 PM
Ok, if ea can make walking running rats animated, then ea can make any animal animated, so let us have animals for our games.
Inventor
#32 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
I once stumbled upon a stray cat eating it's own new born kittens....One of them was dead, one was alive and the one she was in the middle of eating was still meowing. Apparently it's something they do sometimes if they feel they're in danger. We phoned a vet to find out what to do and he told us it's best just to leave them to it. Now that is traumatising, I don't think that's a memory I'll ever forget.

We had a stray female that became pregnant from our dog at the time. One day she showed up and then a month later she came back pregnant. We knew our dog was the dad because of the markings on the pups when she gave birth to them. She would take food from us, but she never really warmed up to us at all. She ended up having the pups in one of the shallow caves near our home but we only figured it out when she started moving them and we could hear them crying. My sister and I followed a trail of dropped and abandoned pups back to the birth spot. We collected them up and gave them to her so they wouldn't die. I was going back to the house to get the mom some food and blankets (since she'd settled into another shallow cave) when I heard my little sister screaming and crying. The mom was eating and killing the puppies. My sister and I ran to our mom and she said that animals do that sometimes. Turns out, I guess she might have felt that it was her duty because the pups would have probably died anyway... we went to take her food in the evening and she was dead, so were all the puppies that she didn't eat. She was a small beagle and our dog was on the bigger side of a medium mixed breed. We assume that the pups were too large for her to give birth to due to the size difference between her and the our dog and she might have cracked a hip and bled to death. I felt really bad for not knowing that there was something wrong with her, but my mom said it was best to just leave her alone except for basic care after she ate her puppies.
Theorist
#33 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 10:36 AM
I have spawned quite a few rats in my Egyptian market area, it really improves the look of the market and by using OMSP's they are only a half-inch above the floor - not even noticeable.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Banned
#34 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 11:25 AM
Rats are disgusting. Didn't even know they were in the game, another reason to hate it.
Inventor
#35 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 8:01 PM
I'm not a fan of rats myself, but I think they will fit perfectly into a neighborhood home full of slobs or someone who felt they should recreate the Hatfields or make a Willard sim. If you don't want them, don't switch the fog emitter settings around to create them or let your sim's garbage go overdue. I think it's the same as roaches in Sims 2. Don't want them? Prevent them.

But I think that things like this are fun. For instance, I'm going to create a bird sanctuary for a custom world with a few of the bird effects for the fog emitter. I'm also going try to create some "homeless" sims who live in a sewer next to some martial arts masters.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 9:10 PM
Thank you QueenJimmyIV, that is what I wanted too. Makes the slobs house realistic and a reason to have a messy home. It was just too neat for me, even with trash everywhere. Also want the rats on farms with silos and barns. I am all for realistic. :D

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:48 PM
Darn i'd love a rat challenge!

I noticed that there were pigeons in Bridgeport just a couple of days ago, and i was so excited i nearly swooned. And now, i found out that there are rats!

Wah! *does the happy dance* I think i miss the pets after all.

And just for the record, the weirdest thing that has happened to me so far, was a *house previously struck by a meteor*, plenty of mess and chunks of rocks for my sim to clean up, etc. The weirdest thing was that while she was pocketing the space rocks, i got a message that another meteor was on the way, and baang! sim dead, after only a couple of hours in the new house.

I left her to stand under the big dark shadow as an experiment, i wanted to see if she can die that way. Apparently, it's bound to happen. O:
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 3:49 AM
would someone be able to make a mod allowing it to be added to the family with the sift click with "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat? or is there no mesh available so you couldnt make a mod??? nothing rly helped in the chat tho so we could have pets!!! before the actual pets expansion ;D

Im not crazy its all in yo head
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:11 PM
Well, I have one mouse e one cochroach. My sim began to laugh when saw the mouse and, despite the tension, she didn't become too much upset with it. I called the landlord, but he didn't do notihing. They discuss a lot, but the mouse goes on in its circular "show up". There's a hole on the apartment's wall and it goes in and out of it. I can't find a way to get rid of those plagues. Anyone know how to do it?
Scholar
#40 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 1:49 AM
@sacha15 I think you're in the wrong forum. This sounds like something out of 2 or 4. In the Sims 3, there are no landlords, just tenants. Though how I would love if we could buy several income properties and run them like a business with sims living in them having real problems! You'd get a call at 2:00 AM and it would be like,
"It's Tim from 2A, their sink broke! What will you do?
A. Fix it myself
B. Call the repairperson ($250)
C. Let them deal with it"

Then different stuff would happen depending on what you did. Like they might decide to move out if you choose C or you have poor job performance if you choose A.
Page 2 of 2