Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval Braies Undergarments for Males

by Aligeth Posted 9th Dec 2010 at 11:09 PM - Updated 10th Apr 2012 at 6:38 AM by Aligeth

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 12:12 AM
Good work, thank you!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 12:57 AM
Nicely made. Medeival guys need undies too.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 1:54 AM
Excellent addition! Thank you.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 12:23 PM
Fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 5:13 PM
Excellent! Finally something historically accurate! :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 6:26 PM
Excellent work - thank you Aligeth!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 9:56 PM
Love the tiny details!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 4:27 AM
I really appreciate the little ties hanging off the mesh. And of course the historical detail is impeccable.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 5:07 AM
These are wonderful! They looks authentic. Did they really wear them outside while working in the fields? I noticed that in the historical picture included in your post. Kids do have athletic clothing by the way. I'm not sure which expansion pack that came with, but I've never been able to successfully reclass one item of kids clothing to athletic in bodyshop.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 5:07 AM
These are wonderful! They looks authentic. Did they really wear them outside while working in the fields? I noticed that in the historical picture included in your post. Kids do have athletic clothing, by the way. I'm not sure which expansion pack that came with, but I've never been able to successfully reclass one item of kids clothing to athletic in bodyshop.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
These are wonderful! They looks authentic. Did they really wear them outside while working in the fields? I noticed that in the historical picture included in your post. Kids do have athletic clothing, by the way. I'm not sure which expansion pack that came with, but I've never been able to successfully reclass one item of kids clothing to athletic in bodyshop.

You have to use SimPE to fix that. EA is dumb and should have added that when they released freetime. You have that option in-game, but not in Bodyshop. Same with the addition of the formal for toddlers... have to fix that via SimPE too... Will fix what I downloaded for myself!

Thank you!! These are fan-freaking-tastic!
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meshy114
You have to use SimPE to fix that. EA is dumb and should have added that when they released freetime. You have that option in-game, but not in Bodyshop. Same with the addition of the formal for toddlers... have to fix that via SimPE too... Will fix what I downloaded for myself!

Thank you!! These are fan-freaking-tastic!

Oh, I didn't even know that Meshy114! But that's probably because I never have gotten Freetime, so just thought there wasn't a chance of changing it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Dec 2010 at 3:35 AM
Beautiful work as usual. I'm extremely pleased that you included all ages!

VerDeTerre - Yep, they actually wore these outside while working. From what I have researched, the Medieval society didn't really have a concept of 'underwear' as we know it today. They simply layered clothes as needed. In fact, upper classes especially liked to show off their undergarments as they would be made from fine fabrics and thereby flaunt their wealth and status. True 'underwear' was being nude, and even that didn't have the scandalous connotations that it does today.
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 9:25 PM
Thank you, these are wonderfully authentic! I am especially happy that there are teen and child versions.

But it looks like you put the wrong file in the child download. There is the adult white linen file in place of the child cream linen file.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 6:44 PM
Would it be at all possible to make these for Marvine's adult male SBB (slim body builder). There's not much historical clothing out there for him. I thank you for including the teen and child, however.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 5:35 AM
My medieval men thank you - they've been getting tired of sharing that one set of tig's underpants all over the neighbourhood!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 1:23 PM
I'm always looking for more underwear/swimwear for my Medieval Men folk. Thanks so much!
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dsydk11
Would it be at all possible to make these for Marvine's adult male SBB (slim body builder). There's not much historical clothing out there for him. I thank you for including the teen and child, however.

Sorry, but I don't know how, or anything about those.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lothere
Thank you, these are wonderfully authentic! I am especially happy that there are teen and child versions.

But it looks like you put the wrong file in the child download. There is the adult white linen file in place of the child cream linen file.

FIXED! Thank you for letting me know.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 4:06 AM
I have only just discovered your medieval clothes and it's obvious you do your research, thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 5:14 PM
I am cleaning up my clothing folders so I only have medieval-ish downloads. Then I happened to notice I never said thanks for these. So here's my thanks as these are much used in my game.