Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Ambit Arches"

by QBUILDERZ Posted 15th Jun 2011 at 7:02 PM - Updated 23rd Jun 2011 at 7:17 PM by QBUILDERZ : Added more lights to the house, tweaked some decor. Nothing major, no re-download necessary :)

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:03 PM
Its really impressive ! I wonder how long it took you to create this masterpiece...
Gorgeous architectural shapes, gorgeous landscaping, gorgeous view and great decoration. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing work with us.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:13 PM
I sat looking at the panoramic for a full minute thinking is that that house he was trying to make super archy? Then I read the caption and it said so. I felt stupid, lol!

Glad you finished it, Great work as always!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alan_Gast
It's really great! And is that the world Flabaliki previewed AGES ago on youtube?

I usually wait until comments stop to reply, but I thought I'd answer this before I forgot Yes, that is the neighborhood that Flabaliki and I made There is no more done with it now than it had two years ago; Which is disappointing considering how many PMs that youtube account gets in which people ask if it's done xD

Surprised you caught that :D

Thanks for taking the time to comment, thank (especially) and download, by the way, guys. Trying to reach my goal of 1mil downloads by the end of the year. So far, not so good (6 months and like 50k to show for it; still 200k to go,) but hey...every little bit adds up I appreciate it so much!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 1:37 AM
Brilliant, Modern twists are great, and your first curve house? :p
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 2:21 AM
Is it really your first Q? Lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:36 AM
Love the curved roofs! Is there a tutorial on TSS??
Veteran Finn
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 9:17 AM
Amazing job Q, I love this lot so much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 11:51 AM
Oh I am so glad to see the way it turned out :DI been waiting for this baby!!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
#10 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:56 PM
Very nice! It's a lovely home, and I'm looking forward to having my sims live there. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:20 AM
A
_M
__A
___Z
____I
_____N
______G
_______!!
I adore your homes :-D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 5:35 PM
You just don't stop making awesome lots, do you?

Amazing work!
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:10 PM
:lovestruc this is too awesome from all angles!!! I think i love the pool area out the back the most, the way the shape of the pool kind of curves with the landscaping around it, just wonderful. And architecturally i can see this took a lot of hard work and time, i'm sure it gave you a few headaches, but they payed off in the end because this is gorgeous! Well done!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 2:39 AM
this is just brilliant! i know how hard it is to work with arches and the whole 'constrainfloorelevation' cheat just messes with my brain! i cannot grasp it! u have done amazing work here, i love how the rooms go underground....its great how u were able to fit in so many rooms. Well done....this will def be in my game...love it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 2:22 PM
I think I've just died and gone to heaven.... I want this house. This looks like some legit pro architect's masterpiece or something. Am so jealous, no really. I am like oozing over.

You have to take the time to admire this. Considering I struggle with little baby stuff like a split level staircase that I LABOR over. Can't even comprehend. Anyways, gorgeous.

BUT I only have base game... so I'm going to cry over there in that corner.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 6:04 AM
Got so sad when I realized I had to patch my game to install this house.
Well, the lot is so wonderful, I think I might just do that. Great work indeed. :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 3:52 PM
Sucks I don't have the games to play this, but it's still amazing and congrats on the feature. Well deserved.
Blenderized to Pieces
#18 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 5:18 PM
Nice work Q! And you made those arches with no icky hamburgers anywhere in sight! lol
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by escand
I think I've just died and gone to heaven.... I want this house. This looks like some legit pro architect's masterpiece or something. Am so jealous, no really. I am like oozing over.

You have to take the time to admire this. Considering I struggle with little baby stuff like a split level staircase that I LABOR over. Can't even comprehend. Anyways, gorgeous.

BUT I only have base game... so I'm going to cry over there in that corner.

Agreed.

Will have to get the EPs
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 7:13 PM
I, too, wish I had the EPs to play this. Actually, I've been wanting curved roofs for ages but only have the base game. Which EP allows you to do that? Maybe I'll get that one first.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaguwar
I, too, wish I had the EPs to play this. Actually, I've been wanting curved roofs for ages but only have the base game. Which EP allows you to do that? Maybe I'll get that one first.

Any game will allow you to create an angled roof. It is all done using "ConstrainFloorElevation"

Thank you all so much for the comments! I really appreciate the time you took and the nice words. You're all the best :D

Esccy - LOL! Thank you for that xD Next time you are in chat I will have to teach you how to do some CFE

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 4:09 AM
Thank you Q for another wonderful house! Love 'em All!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 6:53 AM
Lightbulb!
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
Any game will allow you to create an angled roof. It is all done using "ConstrainFloorElevation"

OMG I just got it! It's the same as the functional bridge tutorial! OMG my world just opened up!

/Jaguwar skips away happily, head full of new ideas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 1:22 AM
Awesome!! What more can I say
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 1:53 PM
this is awesome o_______o oh n i was wondering if this house work on base game ? i didn't quite understand on the above post >____< its been so long I quit playing sims..
Page 1 of 2