Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 9:00 AM
Oh my goodness this was as funny to do as it was in TS2.
Final score was 187.

A few funny things that happened were, my sim spent quite a lot of time naked, she went to work naked and even cornered an alien in the garden whilst naked. She even fought one of the stove fires naked......
Three sims weeks went past before a fire happened then it was like a dam breaking...5 in one sim week! The first two were put out by one of the inmates, the rest had the fire dep't called to them. BUT the last fire was the worst in that the firefighter said he couldn't reach the fire and that he hoped it didn't do too much damage. One inmate caught on fire but luckily my sim managed to put her out. Then to top it all off the firefighter got glitched into the wall and started burning to death. Luckily a second firefighter turned up and no one actually died.

If I do this again I will go by the TS2 rules wherin the beds can only have a three in energy (at least I think it was three) and everything has to be the cheapest. Stove, fridge, shower and counters as I think this was a little easier to do than it was in TS2.

All up though it was fun and watching the sims was very amusing in the things that they did and how many food plates were scattered everywhere as they would forget what they were doing when they went to eat or wash them.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 3:18 PM
i put a washer and drier for mine for the simple fact of amusement, even though they did have one laundry basket there were laundry piles everywhere!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 6:31 PM
Well, I've restarted my asylum challenge. I've already had one fire so far. My sim was the one that caused it trying to make breakfast... *sigh* And once again she caught on fire but fortunately this time the firefighter decided that putting out a burning person was more important than putting out the wall (thankfully) so I'm still going.

The annoying part was that one of the other sim walked straight into the fire. She started freaking out and I though she had caught on fire as well. The firefighter moves to put out that blaze and the sim moves out of the way... completely fine. Not even singed. She was standing in the fire and didn't catch on fire while my sim was two feet away and caught on fire. How fair is that?! But so far just the one blaze... *knock on wood*

And if anyone is interested, here is my box of nuts. Almong is my playable sim. Currently she's been flirting quite a bit with Pistachio and is friends with Walnut. Walnut and Pistachio are also friends. ...Everyone else hates each other XD

Field Researcher
#54 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 8:15 PM
So I just started this challenge and thought of an idea I'm going to incorporate. If one breaks the rules, either accidentally or on purpose, I thought there should be some sort of penalty. I then thought of what happens when you break the rules in a real asylum when it came to me! Solitary confinement.

If I break the rules, I'm going to put my sim in solitary confinement for 3 days. The way I would implement this would be to make a 3x3 square room within the asylum, this room will have no windows and only one door. The room will contain a single sleeping bag and a toilet and will remain locked for everyone at all times. The only time it is allowed to be unlocked is when your sim is entering or exiting solitary. Your sim will be given 3 days worth of dried food rations (use something else if you don't have World Adventures) and forced to spend 3 days there. This will give you negative points (because it will add days onto your total) and it will also have consequences such as lowering your job performance etc. That way there is a really bad draw back to breaking the rules. :D

My sim recently got abducted by an alien and then dropped off outside of the asylum borders. This prompted me to think: Hey! I just broke the rules, not on purpose but accidentally. Since this was out of my control I didn't think I should lose the challenge, so I thought of the aforementioned idea. It makes sense to me, I mean when the psychiatrist asks your sim why they broke the rules and left asylum grounds without permission and your sim replies. "Well I was abducted by aliens and they dropped me off outside the grounds" The psychiatrist obviously isn't going to believe them and decides to punish disobedience for no reason with solitary confinement.

Check out my simblr: Stumbling Through The Nevernever!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 9:01 PM
Interesting idea naiyasfury!!!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 11:52 PM
I finally finished this challenge. It's my first challenge I completed! I finished with a score of 177. Mainly because I had the instruments for my sim's lifetime wish and they were pretty much in constant use so all of my sims ended up with a bunch of skill points on those.
Test Subject
#57 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 4:36 AM
I'm doing something heavily based off of this. The only difference is that the 'Step One sim' is the doctor/psychiatrist, while the rest of the people are the patients.
Test Subject
#58 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 10:37 PM
I ended with 107! Oh Lord, Lord I did awfully. One person died in a fire and he came back and kept using the tub at random points throughout the night? He was a weirdo. My sim's clothes disappeared at one point and everyone randomly wore whatever they wanted. One girl - my trans-girl Joni - decided she wanted to work out in high heels and a dress. I randomly created the other sims and all of them came out 'white' save for one...and he was the one that died. My game is racist. :/

It took me...4 weeks and 5 days to get out of there. Not REALLY sure why, to be honest but it did. The sheer amount of yelling and screaming and flailing nearly drove me insaaaaane. HA HA.

This was so much fun. I'm going to have to try more of these challenges!
Test Subject
#59 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 3:58 AM Last edited by LaCosaOccidentale : 26th Feb 2013 at 12:06 AM.
I will add Bonehilda!
I think I will do this and add Bonehilda, but to compensate, I will give each of them either neurotic or coward trait in place of hates the outdoors and lock all of them in the asylum. To make fires difficult to be put out, I will place the coffin in the attic, with many plants and other décor acting as a maze. The coward/neurotic traits will make sims run away in fear of Bonehilda.
Test Subject
#60 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 2:39 AM
I'm going to try this again, I am bad at building - but I think I can make a decent building using the blueprint option
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 4:34 AM
Default Bunk Beds
I found that when building on a small lot, the bunk beds from Generations really come in handy! Since the energy and comfort ratings on those things are on par with the cheapest base-game bed, it definitely doesn’t make you feel like you’re splurging.

Yes, I am attempting the challenge, but not “legally”. I’m still following the main set of rules, but I didn’t uninstall my mods first so I ruined it. Oh well.
Test Subject
#62 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:30 AM
I just started this challenge. I made a really friendly looking asylum with a pond (empty) and a beautiful fountain, gorgeous trees and landscaping. The inside? There are 5 rooms that are each 3x4 squares, and they all have glass doors and floor-to-ceiling windows, so they have virtually no privacy. They have rickety, ugly beds, and the entire asylum is one color: grey.

What is the name of my asylum, you ask? It's called the Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane. (I hope most-if not, all-of you get my reference.)

And the inmates should be familiar to you, too! (Probably not.) They are:

Jack Napier
Natalia Knight
Pamela Isley
Harleen Quinzel
Jonathan Crane
Harold Lake
Delia Dennis
Talia al Ghul (This should practically scream at you.)

So far, everyone has been mesmerized with the windows. And the guitar.
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 6:18 AM
Heh, well I'm currently doing this challenge. And my main sim was Searching the Galaxy on the telescope and then a few moments later a UFO came and abducted one of my male patients and now he's kinda pregnant... Heh.

Thank god for the option to return the baby back to the aliens though, because that'd ruin the whole challenge!
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 11:56 PM
I started this challenge and it has been so hilarious so far! My controllable crazy sim Tabitha has to fix everything all the time, once she tried to fix the TV, resulting in a shock, and a fire, meanwhile, one of the non-controllable crazies was cooking, and forgot about it to freak about the fire, resulting in 2 fires at the same time...in which one of my crazies died. :[
Test Subject
#65 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 2:32 AM
I just started an LP of this challenge on YouTube and it's going to be alot of fun. I do have a question though. If a fire breaks out, do you have to rebuy the stove immediately or can you wait a certain amount of time? I have to choose between bills and replacement, and I kind of think you have to have the stove regardless.

Anyway, feel free to check it out if you like and let me know if I am making any major mistakes. It's going to be fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tptpc9kxA3I
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Llandros2012
I just started an LP of this challenge on YouTube and it's going to be alot of fun. I do have a question though. If a fire breaks out, do you have to rebuy the stove immediately or can you wait a certain amount of time? I have to choose between bills and replacement, and I kind of think you have to have the stove regardless.

Anyway, feel free to check it out if you like and let me know if I am making any major mistakes. It's going to be fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tptpc9kxA3I

By what it says I'm pretty sure you need to rebuy it immediatly Loving your Lps and I'm excited for this new series :D
GL
Test Subject
#67 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maddstar
By what it says I'm pretty sure you need to rebuy it immediatly Loving your Lps and I'm excited for this new series :D
GL

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought - it seemed pretty straightforward that it said 'you must have a stove, fridge..' - can I just say that things got pretty interesting extremely fast?!

I'm glad you like the LPs - this one is really going to be fun. I am so glad this thread is here and that time was taken to put the rules down. Now if only I don't fail in the first week!!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Llandros2012
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought - it seemed pretty straightforward that it said 'you must have a stove, fridge..' - can I just say that things got pretty interesting extremely fast?!

I'm glad you like the LPs - this one is really going to be fun. I am so glad this thread is here and that time was taken to put the rules down. Now if only I don't fail in the first week!!

Now lets hope hope your crazys don't die in the first week Half of mine didn't make it through the second day! three fires at the same time! Lets hope it doesn't happen to you! Though it would be pretty entertaining to see you freak out
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 2:35 AM
I decided to give this one a try today. It was fraught with close calls.

I made my sim a witch, since Id never played one, got the want to cast Fire Blast and almost burned the whole asylum down.

My sim tried to pass out in the pool next.

After that she electrocuted herself trying to fix the cruddy TV and died.

Going to restart it now, no Unlucky trait this time lol.
Test Subject
#70 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 8:46 PM
I just started this one. My sim rolled the wish to have 100 top rated remodels. This is gonna be tough-- she'll be lucky to survive! At least she got a good night's sleep.

I'm using Soothing Hills asylum. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=475364#

The asylum was hit by a meteor as they were moving in. Think it's okay to sell the space rocks?
Test Subject
#71 Old 1st May 2013 at 9:30 PM Last edited by Veldmuisie : 2nd May 2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: got smarter
My crazies keep digging in the commercial garbage bins and getting super filthy but finding lots of loot that I realized would not be fair to sell. Next time no dumpster for diving!

Finished with a score of 162
Vampire girl was brilliant at the guitar, painting, sculpting, and gardening, but forgot to eat and starved in her sleep. The witch amused herself with fire blasting the residents and when she improved, turned them into toads. Lovely fairy girl kept scaring the living daylights out of everyone. Werewolf guy scratched up the furniture, and brooding guy did almost nothing but brood (mostly as a toad).

That was fun! Again!
Test Subject
#72 Old 22nd May 2013 at 11:47 PM
I was having a lot of fun with this challenge - until my sim set herself on fire with the Scraptronic Workbench and died. D: She was only the second sim to die, and now I guess I have to start over. I was literally a day away from finishing the challenge, too! AUGH.

Guess it's time to delete my sims and start over...
Test Subject
#73 Old 23rd May 2013 at 10:45 PM
Gosh, I haven't Simmed in so long. I think this is a perfect way to get back in to things. lol Wish me luck!
Test Subject
#74 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 4:00 AM
I have been doing this challenge for a while now, and my family hs one: Had ALOT of accidents

1: About 5 fires within a week
2: Everyone has peed there pants about 15 ties all together
and 3: One of my sims has a glitch, he just sits there on the bed, he doesn't do anything, slowly dieing of starvation, This has happened to me before with a teen in Sims 2, Everytime a interaction pops up, it disappears as quickly as it appeared

I have decided to re-do this challenge...
Test Subject
#75 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 5:40 AM
After Evict- Ahem, RENTING OUT The Carpenter-Rhodes house, I moved the "Crazy Sims", after they burned down their last "Loony Bin"
I added a basement to place extra stuff, so they wouldn't make money from it,
Ember kept her job in the music career ((Yay!))
Mike took a nap OUTSIDE and got the "Out-Door's" NEgative Moodlet
Aelita stole a nice comfortable bed for the night
Minni ((I think that was her name o.o)).... Stole a bed for sleep
Richard stole a bed for sleep
One of them, ((Don't remember the name)) Played chess with himself
Grayson did whatever
I dunno what the other two did, I know one of them toke a nap...

Ember has ((Sadly left for work, and I'm bored wit watching the sims, but, They actually seem to be getting along to far, they haven't peed themselves, or passed out yet... Or died of starvation, AND THEY HAVN'T had any fires so far! :D
They seem to be acting good, there not misbehaving yet, I'll see how long that lasts....
Page 3 of 6