Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:24 PM
sadly, my my virtual store doesn't have either and it still won't run
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#52 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:28 PM
iggyzil, have you cleared your CAW caches as mentioned here?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
Test Subject
#53 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:32 PM
just did and still crashes, only the 3 that are checked no? I am reinstalling the CAW and trying again
Test Subject
#54 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 10:35 PM
one thing i noticed that is diff but i'm not sure is important my generations default.ini file is GameVersion = 8.0.152.011017
while the one kitiri mentions is: GameVersion = 8.0.152.011001
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 11:30 PM
Default :(
I followed the OP's instructions and my CAW still won't open. I also cleared my caches...
I just did the uninstall and reinstall routine with updates along the way b/c my World seemed bogged down when I tried to play it. That's when my CAW stopped working... SO I re-installed it (presumably out of the correct order since I did it last...)
If I uninstall all but my base game and then reinstall CAW and then the EPs, it will work again?

Is there something I can do besides the un/re-install process?
Thanks to all who are helping with this problem :P
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 4:47 PM
OMG! Thank you so much! I have been wanting to create a world for ages. I am very grateful. I think EA really needs to fix this problem!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#57 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 8:23 PM
iggyzil, the version difference you are pointing out is just a regional difference- 001 is North America and 017 is Digital Download. Do you have Town Life Stuff? What is your basegame version?
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ind_Gameversion

BlissfulSteph, can you please tell me the game versions of each of your EPs, Sps and the basegame?

simlish200, well done for fixing it!
Test Subject
#58 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 7:49 PM
My versions
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
iggyzil, the version difference you are pointing out is just a regional difference- 001 is North America and 017 is Digital Download. Do you have Town Life Stuff? What is your basegame version?

BlissfulSteph, can you please tell me the game versions of each of your EPs, Sps and the basegame?

simlish200, well done for fixing it!

Yes, thanks in advance for any and all help

Base: 1.24.3.012001
WA: 2.17.2.01131
Amb: 4.10.1.011031
LN: 6.5.1.011037
OLS: 7.3.2.011031
G: 8.0.152.011001
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#59 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 11:07 PM
BlissfulSteph, your game versions are all fully updated, so the latest CAW should work.

What I would recommend to try is to clear your browser caches then redownload CAW from the EA site, so that you can be sure you have the latest version.

Then, backup your user tool data from your Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool folder, completely uninstall CAW (manually check that all CAW files are gone from the install location) and then install the version you just downloaded.

Test it first with fresh userdata both in the CAW folder and the Sims 3 folder (so drag Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 to the desktop).
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#60 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 11:24 AM
KARITRA....... You are an Angel and am sending unlimited kisses to you plus my heart felt desire. There is noway I could have figured this out you are a life saver
Test Subject
#61 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 12:25 AM Last edited by BlissfulSteph : 25th Aug 2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: I'm a loser!
Default :d
Thanks for the help! Sorry it has taken me so long to try it out. (I blame work and the real world for this delay)

Everything seems to be in working order now! I did have to update my generations default to 12 and 9... After un- and re-installing it, of course.

Thanks to everyone who helped!!! esp SimSample!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#62 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 6:21 AM
Well done for fixing it, BlissfulSteph!

Real life does rather get in the way!
Forum Resident
#63 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 9:15 AM
Thank you Kiritra for taking the time to update this thread and test. I've referred tons of people to this thread.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#64 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiritra
now if we could just get a mod to clean the thread up a bit, lot of BS got mixed in like a guide to clearing the caches, at this point I'm very sure that has 0 to with if it works or not, crashing maybe, but at this point this box has had every version of CAW on here twice once when they where released and again for testing and every crash I have had has been a traceable repeatable event, that does not suggest cache error to me, needless to say I have never cleaned them and my box is a souped up piece of trash literally got it from a dumpster (Xeon 1.8 3g ram 1g vid ram 80g Raid4 HDD) so for sure is using cache more then most...

and if somone could post the file locations for the D2D versions that would be great too... yea so I'm a perfectionist :p

Not sure what thread you're referring to that needs cleaning up, and not sure what D2D is?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#65 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 12:43 AM
I still have no idea what you mean about 'lot of BS got mixed in like a guide to clearing the caches', as the only relevant part of this thread is the first post. The mod edit in the original version of that was to clarify the file path (which you initially did not make clear), so I'm not sure why you were upset about that. The rest of the thread is fine; people wishing to fix their game need read no further than the first post anyway.

The Steam versions are irrelevant as regards this thread, as CAW will not work with the Steam versons. The Steam install has a different game version, also it has different reg keys and a different file structure. The advice for Steam gamers seems to be to install the Origin version of the game if they want to run CAW:
http://forums.steampowered.com/foru...d.php?t=1746411

The Origin versions of the game are now installed to [Game Install Location] \Origin Games \The Sims(TM) 3, which on a default install would be C:\Program Files (x86) \Origin Games \The Sims(TM) 3 or C:\Program Files \Origin Games \The Sims(TM) 3.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#66 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 3:56 PM
Cool, thanks for the edit- this will help a lot of people!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 10:02 PM
Ugh, well I followed the steps up I still get the Compatibility issue. My newest EPs that I installed are Late Night and then Ambitions. I also have Generations. So I did Steps 6 and 8 for both LN and Amb, and it still doesn't work. I even replaced both Default.ini in both LN and Amb like I was supposed to. Still the compatibiltiy issue. And I know I have the latest patch because my game says it's up to date and I haven't downloaded CAW before today.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#68 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 11:32 PM
Smashed Cat, just to check- what gameversion are you running (Sims 3), and which version of CAW?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Smashed Cat, just to check- what gameversion are you running (Sims 3), and which version of CAW?

Woo thank you so much for replying so quickly! I thought I was going to have to wait a day or two to find out what to do! Version is 8.0.152.012001, I hope that's what you mean. And CAW? It should be 1.11.12, like what Kiritra posted. I also use Windows 7.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#70 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 2:59 PM
What's your basegame version? Definitely check that you actually do have CAW version 1.11.12, should be is not good enough!

(You can check your CAW version by going to [Game Install Location] \Electronic Arts \The Sims 3 Create a World Tool and opening Default.ini. Check the test where it says '[Version]' and then 'GameVersion = x.xx.xxx')
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 9:12 PM
Okay well CAW is 1.11.12.012037, and base game is 8.0.152.012001.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#72 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smashed Cat
base game is 8.0.152.012001.

That's your generations version- what's relevant now is the basegame version, which will begin with 1.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Patch_Table
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 4:59 AM
Oh derp. 1.24.3.012001, I didn't know I could see my game version through my control panel.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#74 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 5:00 PM
Well, that basegame version is correct- it should work with your version of CAW. Just to check, your compatibility versions are at 9 for your latest EP and the basegame?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 7:36 AM
Well I tried to do the steps with Gen when I did Amb and LN. When I did Open File Location instead of a folder, it takes me to my Games panel. When I right click the Generations icon I don't have any options that would show Default.ini, only Read Me and things that have nothing to do with what I need to do. I am also looking at the help links simsample posted. I feel so dumb and I feel bad that I have to be so difficult. :c
Locked thread
Page 3 of 4