Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Zombie-Proof Military Compounds; Residential and Community Lots

by Phaenoh Posted 2nd Sep 2011 at 10:27 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2013 at 6:00 PM by Phaenoh

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 11:07 PM
Absolutely fantastic! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 11:19 PM
Awwww... Cool!

This will come in handy for a project I started a while back.

Thank you, Phaenoh. You rock!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 11:25 PM
How appropriately cold, grey and functional - nicely done!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 11:38 PM
Love it!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 12:19 AM
Tire tracks and sand bags, yay!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 12:42 AM
Very cool!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 5:27 AM
I'm seriously gaga over all the great Apocalypse creations right now! These two lots look so good, I really appreciate the little touches like the tire tracks and lookout/sentry posts. Just... so fun! [/gushing]
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 8:05 AM
I've moved everyone from Strangetown into empty lots yesterday. I wanted to convert Strangetown to a camp or sorts. I needed a militairy base to complete the look of it and thought about building today, so when I woke up this morning and found these, I was thrilled. Thank you!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 8:58 AM
ooooo. Those are so grim and tough looking. You are deprettifying the leepocalypse
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 9:17 AM
Really cool-they'll fit in perfectly in my desert world!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DutchXfan
I've moved everyone from Strangetown into empty lots yesterday. I wanted to convert Strangetown to a camp or sorts. I needed a militairy base to complete the look of it and thought about building today, so when I woke up this morning and found these, I was thrilled. Thank you!

Do you mean that you moved them into a new neighborhood? If you do, you've probably just messed up your game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:16 PM
Wow. I love those. Are you going to make more of these?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 5:10 PM
So great ! but it is possible a residential version ? For story it's difficult to use a community lot (a lot of pose box doesn't work). I would understand if you can not.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Odessa
So great ! but it is possible a residential version ? For story it's difficult to use a community lot (a lot of pose box doesn't work). I would understand if you can not.
The one is a res lot, but the military base can be converted simply by using the lot zoning cheat, have at it! If you use this is a story, please send me a link!

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm really happy to see that you all love it, and yes, I've got another set lined up for you all.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 8:55 PM
These are great-looking lots; it's a pity I don't have Bon Voyage.
Instructor
#17 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JRD7
Do you mean that you moved them into a new neighborhood? If you do, you've probably just messed up your game.

Empty lots. Not neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 3:33 AM
Once I have all the needed expansions/stuffpacks the Grunt house will be more Grunty! That house has always annoyed me. I don't know why.

By the way, this is official:

Phaenoh = Epic
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th May 2013 at 4:38 PM
Oh joy, all necessary CC included, no hunting down on and running into expired URLs!

oh frell, it needs Pets (don't have it installed) and a stuff pack (never bought any). I don't know, is there any chance it'll work even if I don't have those two installed? I guess otherwise I have to go with the screenshots, which are great, and try to build something similar. But anyway, thanks for the design!

**going of hunting for more lots now**
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 5:19 PM
Stark . . . but Necessary. Thanks :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 12:26 AM
I really like the realism of these lots. I'm planning on putting them in a tropical island vacation spot and turning at least one into a hotel. I like to send my military types of on tours of duty instead of vacations! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 6:54 PM
I'm building a neighborhood with a military base. This is PERFECT!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 1:34 AM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 11:42 AM
I have done Pinstar's Apocalypse challenge several times now (finished twice!, officially, and once that I didn't upload anywhere, before I got into Boolprop), and now I have decided to try your Tiered version for Boolprop's SimNaWriMo (hopefully in September, but whenever, I'm playing ahead), and I'm very excited to download your officially approved lots. Yes, I tried building my own Military, Medical and Culinary, and they are bland. I like yours much better! Thanks so much!