Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 1:31 AM
do you have Package files set to open in notepad? if you do then this is the problem and as long as it's file extension is .package, then it will be usable.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 2:27 AM
Beautiful! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 4:03 PM
Thank you, this amazing!! :lovestruc

DUTCH TRANSLATOR FOR MODS
Do you have a mod? I can translate this to Dutch, PM me.
Test Subject
#29 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 3:18 PM
please guys help me neither the 2 versions work for me the files come as Village_Shop_Tweak_PN.package has a file package and the version 2 the same but with "V2" on it and they are set to open with dll of the shell or something i have the P&N installed but when i put on the sims medieval folder the first one it doesnt show up nothing in the game no matter where i put it i tired in the gamedata/shared/packages and still nothing neither first version or 2 pls help!!!
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 3:18 PM
tried* sorry wrote fast
Test Subject
#31 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 3:58 PM
guys i think i screwed up everything now the icon file has the notepad in and i put it to the recycle bin now when i download again the file its still the same is not a blank icon as with was what i do now?:s
Instructor
#32 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 12:46 AM
the package files you download for mods go in the computer/program files (x86 if you have windows 7)/electronic arts/the sims medieval/mods/packages

you have to create the mods folder and then create the packages folder within the mods folder.
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:34 PM
but it doesnt ruin the files being set to open with notepad?i cant change it back to the way it was! i put it on the sims medieval folder?or in the sims medieval pirates and nobles folder?
Test Subject
#34 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:55 PM
then if im doing well why it doesnt appear nothing in the village shoppe?and yes i wait to resfresh at 3 AM and nothing
Scholar
#35 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkdama
then if im doing well why it doesnt appear nothing in the village shoppe?and yes i wait to resfresh at 3 AM and nothing

Do you have other mods in the game that are working?
Instructor
#36 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 12:38 AM
It sounds like you set the package to open with Notepad. It's just a Windows thing, it won't hurt anything. It didn't really change anything in the file. There are ways to fix it, but you really don't need to.

It sounds like you haven't read the RockerDuck's Stickied tutorial How to Mod Your Game for Beginners. This should explain where everything goes.
Instructor
#37 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 1:15 AM
as long as the file is .package, it'll be fine, no matter what program you have it set to open with. I've got my set to open with S3PE because I like the icon.
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 11:23 AM
i only have testingcheatsenabled on nothing else i know about it
Scholar
#39 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 4:56 PM
i only have testingcheatsenabled on nothing else i know about it

If you want to do a quick non-technical check of your folders then drop some other mod in too, one that's immediately visible, like Shimrods castle wall texture changes
(which you can find here)
http://gnautylilgnomes.com/forum/index.php?topic=2562.0,
to check if your folders are set up properly, but even if the texture change does show, your current problem with this mod could possibly be because you haven't put in the d3dx9_31.dll

My package files are set to open with S3PE like Darth's, but Grim and Darth are right, having them set to open with notepad shouldn't affect them, as long as the file extension hasn't been changed.

Follow Grim's link a couple posts above this. It's a very good guide, very straightforward, and both the downloads that you need to set up your mods folder are included in this guide too, all, handily, in the very first post of the guide.

I hope you can get it working
Test Subject
#40 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 10:52 PM
got it! It works now apparently it missed the d3dx9_31.dll file like you said xd have a doom set now ^^ thanks a lot guys
Scholar
#41 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 2:09 AM
got it! It works now apparently it missed the d3dx9_31.dll file like you said xd have a doom set now ^^ thanks a lot guys

Glad you got it working
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#42 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:27 PM
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 2:25 AM
Can't find Carrigon's "Shop in Bulk Medieval" could you please make this text a hyper-link to the download.
Instructor
#44 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 10:38 AM
carrigon's shop in bulk is not compatible with P&N, as far as I know.
Test Subject
#45 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 9:50 PM
Doomsword Hilt, Doomsword Blade and Unicorn Horn !?
Why?

How can I remove those from being added to the sell list?
Test Subject
#46 Old 17th May 2012 at 11:55 AM
do u have for v1.3.13???
Test Subject
#47 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 12:20 PM
Please add the Manual of Blacksmithing: The Cursed Doomsword and the Manual of Blacksmithing:The Legendary Angel's Talon, because of that its also the RARE ITEM.
Test Subject
#48 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 6:10 PM
I downloaded it and placed in packages folder but the items dont appear, what did I do wrong?
Test Subject
#49 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 12:20 PM
Fix?
Quote: Originally posted by gingee703
I downloaded it and placed in packages folder but the items dont appear, what did I do wrong?

Just wait until the items had been changed, IF THIS DOESNT WORK, I DON'T KNOW TO YOU.
Test Subject
#50 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 11:20 PM
I fixed it already, was too lazy to type it.
Page 2 of 4