Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 new railings

by armiel Posted 16th Jan 2012 at 9:04 AM

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 9:29 AM
Great! Some more options for the stone WA stairs particularly - as I really hate the railing that comes with and there aren't any stone alternatives. Many thanks :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 9:44 AM
yes yes yes thank you, armi <3
i finally have some more diverse options ^^
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 10:25 AM
Armiel, your railings are very precious. Thank you so much for making and sharing them.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 11:26 AM
Thank you very much for sharing! I can't help but wonder, as I do a lot lately, why didn't EA do this in the first place.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miuki
I can't help but wonder, as I do a lot lately, why didn't EA do this in the first place.
Are lazy. You should have seen the mapping on the split rail one... Had to completely remap it to make the railing in the first place xD
Inventor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 11:56 AM
I love your railings (and fences, too) - great work, especially the mapping - thank you for sharing with us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 3:19 PM
yay! moar!!! thanks so much armiel!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 4:01 PM
Great, I love especially the brick and split one.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 5:56 PM
Oooh, thank you so much! The brick wall and balustrade will be so useful for serious building (mansions, museums, libraries, yay!). I agree with Miuki, EA should have done these themselves, thanks again Armiel.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 7:02 PM
WONDERFUL idea, and gorgeously done! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 8:16 PM
The ballustrade railing is something I've missed especially, it's one of those things that I keep looking for in the game only to remember that there never was one, though of course now there is, thanks to you!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandymdh
Great! Some more options for the stone WA stairs particularly - as I really hate the railing that comes with and there aren't any stone alternatives. Many thanks :-)

My thoughts exactly! Thanks Armiel.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 3:29 AM
You deserve the "Friend to all Simmers" award. Thank you, again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 8:27 AM
Yeah.. just yeah!!!
Matching balustrade railing is exactly what I need! However others are valuable ^_^ Thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 11:03 AM
Awesome! In Sunset Valley, the school has the brick railings and I would always try to figure out how they did that. I thought it was something that was just going over my head. Will be using these A LOT! Thanks!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Iggysaurus
Awesome! In Sunset Valley, the school has the brick railings and I would always try to figure out how they did that. I thought it was something that was just going over my head. Will be using these A LOT! Thanks!
They are made with fences in Sunset Valley
These are new meshes, made by me, not unlocks
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 6:04 PM
Great job! Makes me think of another type of railing I've been missing for some time: for Sims 2 there was an escalator-like looking railing that added the real look to stair-houses in big supermarkets and other public places ...

Live your dream.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 5:21 PM
Love the Brick one - it will be perfect for townhouses!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 2:55 PM
thanks a lot! I´ve really missed railings like that!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 10:44 PM
Oh, this has been driving me bonkers. Finally, I can make some good porches. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 9:06 PM
This is amazing! I hate the EA non-matching railings with a passion
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 9:13 PM
Can the "Pediment balustrade railing" be used on staircases that come with landings and railings with corner posts?
Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 10:48 PM Last edited by Train_guy : 23rd Mar 2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: forgot something!!
Also, there is a problem with "the Pediment balustrade railing", and here's a link to a picture that shows the problem!: http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/52...eenshotdqvo.jpg
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 1:15 PM
In your post you said you were never satisfied. I am so glad you are not! We get the benefit of that! Thank you, Thank you
Page 1 of 2