Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval Female Clothing - Ye Olde Kingdom of Pudding CAS (Update: Pregnancy Morphs Added April 2013!)

by The Merrye Makers Posted 10th Feb 2012 at 3:49 PM - Updated 14th Jul 2013 at 6:08 AM by The Merrye Makers : Update: Pregnancy Morphs Added by monca533 for Both Dresses April 2013

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 9:30 PM
Squee! I love you. I'm finishing up a historic/fantasy neighborhood, and clothing has been shockingly hard to find for anything other than YA/A Female. These are teen and elder too! And they look lovely. They go into my game tonight.

But please please please... children and males of all sorts. I have one outfit for boys.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 10:14 PM
Yesss! Congrats Rob!
Theorist
#4 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 12:26 AM
Quote:
Squee! I love you. I'm finishing up a historic/fantasy neighborhood, and clothing has been shockingly hard to find for anything other than YA/A Female. These are teen and elder too! And they look lovely. They go into my game tonight.

But please please please... children and males of all sorts. I have one outfit for boys.

Kiara made some male clothes that will be uploaded eventually, and we worked together on a tunic for children which (hopefully) will be approved also.

Quote:
Yesss! Congrats Rob!

Thanks Monca

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 12:43 AM
Very pretty, forsooth! My thanks to thee!

Perchance art thou an endeavour to create a suit of armor by any of ye fine artisans of the Merrye Guild? :D
Inventor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 3:02 AM
Oooh, thanks for the peek at what I have to look forward to, Robodl. This Merrye Makers work is really nice.
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 5:42 PM
Great job Robodl! Glad to see these uploaded. I'm making just a couple of text edits to conform to the new Merrye Makers format. Hopefully, we can get some more clothes up soon.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 7:05 PM
Not bad but its still peasant clothing how about some aristocrat and noble stuff next :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 8:35 AM
Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing for our benefit. Do these have a pregnancy mesh? There is no in game maternity clothing that even comes close for medieval.
Instructor
#10 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 11:06 AM
Congratulations, Robodl95!!! I'm also glad to see your clothes uploaded. Medieval clothes are much-needed and they are looking beautiful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd May 2012 at 10:04 AM
Thank you million times! At last I found something historically accurate. It looks wonderful!
Is it possible to create something like 'Alpha1IamLizCon' for girls too?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th May 2012 at 12:35 AM
this is great! Exactly what I need
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:17 PM
Please, create something for noble children! Sorry for repeating...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 12:55 AM
Those are great. Please return to mts and make some more.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 10:52 PM
Okay what am I doing wrong? I have WinRAR and the ability to open zip files but every time I try to extract the files and add them to the game it doesn't work...Can someone give me advice?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 7:32 PM
These are absolutely gorgeous, and really help make my medieval world believable. The only thing that could make them better is if they had a pregnancy mesh. Because there are approximately zero historical maternity clothes, and pretending that my historical sims have any form of birth control just seems ridiculous.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by allyceinwonderland
Okay what am I doing wrong? I have WinRAR and the ability to open zip files but every time I try to extract the files and add them to the game it doesn't work...Can someone give me advice?

Sorry you are having problems! The .package files are the only things you have to extract. You can ignore the other files. To get to the .package files, you have to open a subfolder. Also, the package files must go in the proper location - My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods/Packages. I just downloaded them, put them into my Packages file, and they worked fine for me. I hope this helps! Let us know if you have anymore problems. SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Merrye Makers
Sorry you are having problems! The .package files are the only things you have to extract. You can ignore the other files. To get to the .package files, you have to open a subfolder. Also, the package files must go in the proper location - My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods/Packages. I just downloaded them, put them into my Packages file, and they worked fine for me. I hope this helps! Let us know if you have anymore problems. SimmyRN for The Merrye Makers

These instructions are for Windows 7 using WinRAR:

1. You must set up your game to accept custom content and .package files. This involves changing the resource.cfg file and adding a folder "Mods" with a subfolder "Packages" inside the "Mods" folder. Instructions and the necessary files are here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files.
2. Download the .package files.
3. Click on the downloaded file to open it.
4. Double click on the subfolder within the file ("Top", for example).
5. Select only the .package file(s) (Ctrl key and right click).
6. Click on the "Extract To" icon.
7. Choose the following path to extract the files to: My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages.

The clothing should then be available in CAS for you to choose. If you don't have Windows or a program similar to WinRAR, I can't help very much. Sorry! You may have to post in the MTS "Help" thread. Good luck! SimmyRN
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 1:01 AM
Prithee, The Merrye Makers have answered thy pleas for pregnancy adornments for thy child-beringe sims! Please see the instructions in the overview for overwriting the current adult dress package files. (No change needed to teen or elder package files.) We wish thee happy woo-hooing and many bundles of joy!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 1:41 PM
great work!!

just to make sure i understand this correctly... if i want these dresses to work with pregnant sims, i should only download the 2 files that has pregnancy in their title?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eehna
great work!!

just to make sure i understand this correctly... if i want these dresses to work with pregnant sims, i should only download the 2 files that has pregnancy in their title?

If you want the dresses for teens and elders, you'll need to download those from the original files. (Just ignore the adult dress packages in the original file or delete them from your Packages folder.) Remove the adult dress packages from the original download from your Packages folder, if necessary, and replace them with the new files so that the 2 files that have pregnancy in their title are in your Packages file. (The original adult files do not have the pregnancy morph but the new files do.) If you don't want the teen or elder dresses, just download the two files for adults with pregnancy in their title and put them or replace them in your Packages folder. Hope that helps!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Merrye Makers
If you want the dresses for teens and elders, you'll need to download those from the original files. (Just ignore the adult dress packages in the original file or delete them from your Packages folder.) Remove the adult dress packages from the original download from your Packages folder, if necessary, and replace them with the new files so that the 2 files that have pregnancy in their title are in your Packages file. (The original adult files do not have the pregnancy morph but the new files do.) If you don't want the teen or elder dresses, just download the two files for adults with pregnancy in their title and put them or replace them in your Packages folder. Hope that helps!

thanks a lot, it's now perfectly clear
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:11 PM
thank you so cute
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th May 2014 at 6:29 AM
Seasonal dress with rustic and medieval themes needs all you got specially feme teens, so thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th May 2014 at 6:29 AM
Seasonal dress with rustic and medieval themes needs all you got specially feme teens, so thank you
Page 1 of 2