Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 7:55 PM
Okay fine, three. I think I was adding Sky's tally in with his.

Definite +1 agree on the rest.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 8:31 PM
Yay! Zoku and gigs! (sorry I mean giga of course but my mobile turned it into gigs and I liked it :p)

Though I agree cece, zoku does not count

And I'm glad I'm not the only one that goes bonkers with the "oh no, can't make money that way..." Tic the random legacy gives you hihi

I love the word bonkers by the way!
Scholar
#53 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:52 PM
Chapter one up, nyaaah Klevkin and Cece. Bit of a different writing style on it than you'd be used to with my other one.

Chapter 1: Not the escape I had in mind

Lab Assistant
#54 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:54 PM
Im starting with hammond island too! quick loading times

Also im putting a twist on my island to make it... alien like... well multicoloured skin anyway xD

Starfish Sims | Hyland Legacy
Random Legacy - Gen 1
Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Aibelle : 16th Feb 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Woo, nice challenge Gives me something to work for haha.

Well I started my family tree with Rosie Derp, a female sim. She started fishing to get some money, and after a while she married the maid Seymore. They now have three kids, and a third one is coming:

Alan: Is going to be an Inventor
Matt: Is going to be a writer, so he will work for the bookstore
Violet: I have no idea.. a money maker I guess

These are the buildings i'm planning:

Supermarket (Seymore)
Bookstore (Matt)
Junkyard (Alan)
Hospital (Rosie)

Oh, one more question: How do you buy community lots?. Do you just have to extract the money from your family funds using a cheat? Or is there another way to 'legally' purchase a community lot without partnering?
Scholar
#56 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 10:02 PM
I'm starting with the Science Lab. God help me.

Scholar
#57 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
I'm starting with the Science Lab. God help me.

It's not as hard as you'd think, actually. That's what Aden's trying for and he's at lvl 6 gardening, lvl 4 fishing and lvl 5 handiness. Fishing is going the slowest which is why I gave him the angler trait as a teen.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Scholar
#58 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:01 PM
I'm not worried about the skill, I'm worried about coming up with what, $114,000? in gen 1. Especially since the house itself still needs a good $14,000 more to be livable.

Scholar
#59 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 11:10 PM Last edited by ReyaD : 16th Feb 2012 at 11:21 PM.
I'm not worried about the skill, I'm worried about coming up with what, $114,000? in gen 1. Especially since the house itself still needs a good $14,000 more to be livable.

Inheritance Reward = My best friend.

EDIT: Oh and I hope you don't mind Zoku, but I linked to your blog on the Evans Legacy. No pressure. : P

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 12:01 AM
Woah, I neglect checking this for a couple of days and suddenly everyone's here, lol!

But I come bearing gifts! I updated the rules, and here's some responses to questions/comments:
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Question: Do NPC's (like mail carriers etc) usually bring 20,000 simoleans with them when they move in, or is that happening because I have lots of mods and things? I wasn't sure, so i didn't keep the money...

That's answered in my updated rules now.

Quote: Originally posted by Wyldhawke
First, I really really really like this idea. Seems much more comprehensive than the BACC (build a city), and better tailored to a non-modified/cheated Sims 3 style gameplay. I am definitely going to do this one - soon as I can find/build a world I feel is suitable.

Thank you! That was really my goal when I created this.

What about using the familyfunds cheat to subtract whatever amount needed for construction

I considered that, but given that the types of lots that have this problem are few and are already pretty inexpensive, I thought it would be simpler on people just to waive that.

There are some other "rabbit hole" type buildings that can be placed in community lots... (example(s): The "Town Life Stuff" rabbit hole buildings, the buildings I got from the Dr. Pepper caps - like the movie theater and the stadium - and the free (from the Sims store) Ford Focus Sky Diving Center) ... how would you figure out the requirements/buy costs for putting those up?

I have a hard time answering that, as I've never seen those rabbitholes and it's harder to get info on them. But what I can tell you, that if the difference is only cosmetic (like the Dr. Pepper Stadium sounds like it might be just like the normal stadium in function and buyability?) then it would be earnable the same way as the normal one. If you can do totally new things with any of these rabbitholes, I'd need to know exactly what you can do in them and whether or not they can be bought. I know that the mausoleum you put in the graveyard is free, but as you can buy the graveyard itself I ignore that.

Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
Also I notice this hasn't been mentioned yet but holy cow star gazing can be pretty lucrative. Jarret was making sometimes 700 simoleons with each new sighting. Satellites only got around 100 simoleons, but I still make SO much money from him every day.

I discovered a way of making money from home while playing the Midnight Sun Challenge that... Well, let's just say that my Sims on that dinky island now have over $300,000 and it's Week 6. I'm going to be a meanie and not share how I did that though...

Quote: Originally posted by Aibelle
Oh, one more question: How do you buy community lots?. Do you just have to extract the money from your family funds using a cheat? Or is there another way to 'legally' purchase a community lot without partnering?

If you have a fully patched game, have your Sim use the "Real Estate" option from their phone or computer. Unpatched games don't have this feature if you don't have Ambitions, I believe.

Phew, got all that done! Also, if anyone has any suggestions for additions to the new mods and optional rules sections of the challenge, I'm all ears.

And now I'm going to go run off and read all the stories everyone posted...
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 12:21 AM
Okay: update... Challenge well under way. I liked the wide-open spaces of Sunset Valley 2 world. I think I'm going to use that Horse Head Island for my "Micronation" challenge - which should be interesting to compare and contrast with this one... Way to go me .. doing too much again. Still working on my sims three "Queen Bee" challenge I'm adapting from sims 2, as well.. that one is SO frikkin' hard, though .. it's tough to play for long stretches of time without pulling hair out.

Soo.. anyway. I'm thinking I ought to make a whole story out of this and try publishing it.. but the question is where.. anyone have any easy-to-use blog sites or recommendations for that sort of picture and story posting thing? I'm already working on quite a selection of screenshots of my challenge. I started out with a semi-close to "sim-self", only designed to start a "city".. and since Sunset Valley 2 started out with that waterfall lot, her main goal is to save enough money to buy the lot, and to get Fishing maxed out so she can buy it (and then upgrade it with maybe a couple of plants, a chess table and a barbeque.. a little playground? - subtracting whatever I spend from the family, or using the "upgrade" option - but I've never used that, so I don't know how it works - gotta learn sometime, right? - perhaps the town will start spawning opportunities on it?.. and sims can use it for a meeting place?) Until then, I'm completely ignoring the fact that the lot exists, and using other fishy spots on the beach. I've discovered that the spots with the two barns, tend to spawn seeds - I've managed to find one for tomatoes, and one for lettuce (YAY!!)

Couple things I've tweaked on the rules, at least more "restrictions" - it's not expressly stated, but it seems more "realistic" for the challenge - I'm not using "pizza delivery" - who the heck's going to cook it?? - until I have a diner or bistro. No burglar alarm - there's no police department, who am I calling?? - will use once police dept. is in place. No fire alarm - there's no fire dept, we're on our own. No grocery store - so everything I eat I'll have to grow, no buying things out of fridge. The food the fridge came with I'm using, I figure I did bring some supplies with me. I also forced my people to buy the "decorative" water pump, a solar panel, and a wind generator (I figure there's not a water treatment center, or power plant. I also cancelled the newspaper delivery until there's a Business/Journalism center.. who is going to write the news? I will also avoid calling the babysitter until there is another family around with a teenager - or for that matter, the other service people. (perhaps I can call repair people after I have at least one person maxed on handiness?) I figure the post man will travel to me.. there has to be people in the rest the world I left behind, right? The incongruous part, is that with Late Night.. I keep getting Paparazzi hanging out in my front yard.. and of course, there's the never-ending creepy ice-cream guy. So, I figured, the world would be curious about some fool running off to the middle of nowhere in this day and age to start a city... and ended up befriending a cute one that also "Loved the Outdoors" and was an "Angler" (found those out through conversations).. and marrying the poor fool. He moved in wanting to be a sports star, which is sorta ridiculous, so his first goal is to get 10k Lifetime points to change his LTW to Police guy, I think... or the perfect aquarium, but perhaps the fishies are better off sold.. who knows, haven't decided.. his first two wishes were to join the Fire Dept (oh yea right...) and to Learn Athletics.. so I'm leaning towards the Police Dept - it would certainly be useful. Military might be an alternative, but he's a technophobe.. then again.. the absent-minded... hrm. tough choice. Maybe you guys should vote? lol Most my money so far has been made wandering the world and picking up minor pets to sell. (who says I can't ship them back from the wilds to the world I left behind - they need pets, right?.. and gems, and metal - of which I've only found Iron so far. blech.)

My plan is, I'll have a couple of kids, raise them to young-adulthood, get the two lots with the parents, make friends with either some more paparazzi, or a mail-person, or both, and move a suitable "breeding pair" (HAHAHA!) in.. get them to fall in looovee.. marry.. get jobs at whatever job facility I built.. then move the parents out as "active household" with the new couple, build the couple a house on a new lot, again move the parents out as "active", build them a nice little retirement home with the leftover money. Then "change active household" back to the kids - and continue play. Gets more town residents, and hopefully they'll "breed" some more - I can always play god and pop back in if they don't.. of if their kids grow up and need homes of their own. Least, that's the plan.

Residents:
Jessilyn Falcon - Angler, Loves the Outdoors, Handy, Green Thumb, and Family-Oriented. LTW: Renaissance Sim - goal: Master Fishing, Gardening, and Handiness. Earn 18k to buy the Fishing Spot, and upgrade it.
Dave (was Ramsey) Falcon - Loves the Outdoors, Angler, Technophobe, Absent-Minded, Unflirty. LTW: Superstar Athlete (will be changed) - goal: Police Dept (or) Military Base

Community Lots:
None (the fishing/waterfall lot is inactive until Jess buys it)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:46 AM
Just finished reading all of your guy's stories - I'm going to have a kick out of reading these, I can tell!

I especially can't wait to see how you explain a school appearing out of nowhere, ReyaD! I know I'm not writing a story, but my personal mental justification for these buildings turning up is that the Sim who earned the money/skills for these lots had the skills necessary to set them up properly and/or the money to finance it, though in many cases they then get another Sim to take care of the actual running of it. (Though in the process of earning any of the rabbithole career buildings, the Sim who earned it is also perfectly set up to do well in that career when it comes to skills.) The large municipal buildings (like the Town Hall, School, etc.) you can't buy would be funded by the state/province/or whatever not-so-local government is around once there's a Sim in the town that could make sure it runs smoothly.

And Zokugai - I love that you started with a teen! I actually enjoy starting with teens for these sorts of things sometimes, which is why I explicitly said that you can pick the age of your starting Sim. I can't wait to see what happens to her.

And Klevkin - I love that you pointed out a lot of the silly things that come with having a Sim by themselves in a city like this. The amusing thing in the world I'm using is that it comes with decorations like streetlights, farm fields, and in what will be the center of town there's a roundabout with billboards and such - which will look awesome once the city is more built up, but for now it looks silly.
Scholar
#63 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 2:34 AM
I love starting savegames with teens. Or better yet, children. It's hard, but if you have Awesomemod or some other one that allows you to place a household with no adults, and you manage to catch all the "The bills are due in one more day, click here to pay now" notices (which is the only way a child sim can pay the bills, not via the mailbox), it's perfectly feasible for children sims to stay alive and get straight As in school, and also pay the household bills.

I like having lots and lots of time to handraise my sims from as young as possible, so I abuse it thoroughly. Child is as young as you can go, though, toddlers would starve and summon the social worker.

EDIT: And likewise back, Cece (and Klevkin)

Forum Resident
#64 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 2:55 AM
Okay, I started as well.
I moved my family on a 30 X 30 lot in Sunset Valley 2. There are absolutely no other lots. I am unsure what spawners there are since the uploader only said it was the basic spawners.
This is the founders:

Lincoln Kearns (Founding Husband) :

Cherie Kearns (Founding Wife) :

Zoe Kearns (Founding Dog) :

Cartridge Kearns (Founding Horse) :

Henry Kearns (Founding Cat) :

Images of the house:

First Stage Goals:

♠ Master Writing Skill (Open Bookstore)
♠ Master Sculpting Skill (Open Consignment Shop)

I am going to have to restart though because I keep getting annoying routing errors, causing one of my sims to die. I am not sure why this is happening, honestly. It's incredibly annoying though.

I may also restart without any pets except the cat since I don't know what to do with them at this point in time. This is what I had so far, but I didn't really get to far into it since I was having a lot of routing errors.

Lincoln writing his first fiction novel:

Henry helping out by learning his hunting skills:

Fire started, causing Lincoln to die since he kept having a routing error and his wife wouldn't call the fire department or put out the flames because she started to get a routing error as well.

After Lincoln died as well as Cheri, I saw this:

I swear this ice cream truck is evil.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:15 AM
@Wyldhawke, we find blogger fulfilles all our blogging needs very well Also, it's easy to respond to other peoples blogs on blogger as well And well, us bloggers.....we are all comment addicts so the more comments the merrier we are :D

@Zoku, linked you the moment I saw your link :P

@Birdyfly, nice family you got there?? Did you create all of them in cas?

@Avalikia, as far as mods go, I use twallans mods. I have SP, Register, Overwatch, Mastercontroller, woohooer, consigner, written word, errortrap, decensor, Antimagicscroll, saver. I also have a less IF mod, which I am sure is going to bite me in the ass, cause it would be very handy in this legacy to get an IF :P.
With SP, I have tuned down on the immigration, so it takes them more work to immigrate people, I have also turned off paparazzi or the celebrity system...When I find out how to reach the register without using the cityhall, I am going to turn off immigration all together...I think.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:30 AM Last edited by Wyldhawke : 17th Feb 2012 at 7:34 AM. Reason: bolding for readability...
Quote: Originally posted by Avalikia
I have a hard time answering that, as I've never seen those rabbitholes and it's harder to get info on them. But what I can tell you, that if the difference is only cosmetic (like the Dr. Pepper Stadium sounds like it might be just like the normal stadium in function and buyability?) then it would be earnable the same way as the normal one. If you can do totally new things with any of these rabbitholes, I'd need to know exactly what you can do in them and whether or not they can be bought. I know that the mausoleum you put in the graveyard is free, but as you can buy the graveyard itself I ignore that.

Oookay.. you ask for help, you get WAY too much help. Oh and by the way - I spent probably four to five hours or more tonite on putting the edit town properties in my towns, adding the rabbit hole buildings to lots (and re-zoning), loading games, etc... so.. yeah. When I get Buccaneer Bay in later this week, I will do the same with it, as well as the new Lunar Lakes neighborhood. (and the buyable venues from store - I haven't managed to afford/get all of them yet)

**For these lists, I will not include the buildings that are used in several neighborhoods with the game, or are not a different sort of building/combo than in other 'hoods - even if the rabbit hole for the main jobs is different, it seems the prices are the same (ex: Criminal buildings are always 50k from what I've found.)

Downloadable/Reward/Store Commercial Lots
Ford Focus Sky Diving Center - downloaded for free from the SimsStore (under branded content, it comes with the Ford Focus car pack - obviously) - doesn't come with a lot, but you can put it on any visitor-enabled lot and it will show up as an individual "building" to buy - can also do the partner/buy out option to become a full owner. The icon is a "gym" icon - but you don't gain athletic skill. You DO, however, gain fun. Can "Skydive" for $100 individually, or "Tandem Dive" for $175. The full purchase price is a minor $1200 - so I have NO earthly idea what the purpose would be in restricting it to even one sim only unlocking it. Perhaps if I built a whole "adventure" park to go with it (like waterslides, the new rock climbing thingie in the store, etc..) then yeah.. Otherwise, I figure if your family can afford it, just plop it down without restrictions other than buying it.
Dr. Pepper Stadium and Metropolis Movie Theatre - could be downloaded from sims store after earning with a dr. pepper code over this past holiday season (offer is now extinct - but whether you could get the stadium or theatre via a lot someone's put on the exchange, I'm not sure... I've found a couple lots, but since I already had the items.. I don't know if I would have gotten it that way or not..?) It comes as just the buildings, with separate codes, not a whole lot - so eventually, I'm going to create a *decent* lot for them and upload to exchange. There are a couple lots out there that use them, but they're either not all that good - or they're.. well, not that good.. lol. These are purchased for the standard cost in game - the Theatre is 58k buyout total, and the stadium is 115k.

Pets Expansion Lots (that ship with game) and building costs:
Graham's Pet Swap Shop - comes with the "limited edition" version of pets, no purchase price or way to buy that I could figure out. My suggestion would be to force the purchasing sim to qualify by earning the "Ark Builder" lifetime wish - or possibly the "Zoologist" one - but that one is a REALLY easy achieve and says nothing about the other pet types, just the minor ones.. I figure you'd want a pet supply store owner to know about cats, doggies, and horses too!
JRA Equestrian Center (that's not the exact title, I don't think - the big one.. lol) - 115K total buyout price (building). Suggestion: max riding skill to buy (not using the "Jockey" achieve would be a good idea here - because to do that, I think you'd need a City Hall to register as a Horseperson profession)
Petite Pony Equestrian Center (it's on a MUCH smaller lot - 40X40 instead of 64X64 - easier to fit in smaller towns) - 115K and same as above
Regional Training Center (horse park) - 64,507 property purchase price (again, max riding to buy, I think)
Pump it up Pony Training Grounds (horse park) - again, much smaller lot than the above, this one's 40X30 instead of max size.. 30,677 property purchase (and like above)
Faux Paw Dog Park (... yep, you guessed it) - 20,607 property purchase - but, seriously, you might want to add some doggie bones to this place - all it's got is grass, flowers, a fountain doggies can.. yes... SWIM in.. and a couple of food dishes. What fun is a dog park if you can't chew on something?!? Jeez... get a hydrant on it or something!
Purrfect Fur Cat Jungle (... yep) - 39,219 property purchase price
Shear Perfection Salon and Tattoo (no price, salon)
Verona County Fire Dept. (no price, fire dept obviously - looks a bit like a converted barn, might be nice to use for a small town)
Pick 'n Pull Junkyard (no cost, junkyard)
Watering Hole Saloon (Dive bar, criminal) - 74,931 property
Rags to Riches Consignment Store (.. obvious) - 94,940 property
Darris Teeter Grocery & Koffi Cafe (Supermarket and Diner) - 40,000 building
Heuber Associates and Kim Gould's Steakhouse (business and bistro) - 170,000 building
Walls Book and Bath LLC (bookstore and spa) - 80,000 building
Crestview School & Stadium (school.. and stadium.. wow! ) - this one showed up as un-purchasable, as far as I could figure out.. someone correct me if I'm wrong.. so it seems to be the only stadium that ISNT 115k .. so... *shrug* I guess you just subtract the 115k from family funds to make it fair??
Appaloosa Plains Civic Center (city hall, military, police) - unpurchaseable, I think there's another "Civil Services" building somewhere, I'm just unsure which game/exp pack/town it came from..
Ray of Sunshine Park (no cost? - I certainly couldn't find a way to buy it! - small park)
(there are a couple other "new" building looks, but they're main career sites, and buyout prices are same as standard ones..)

Town Life Stuff venues (lots that ship with the pack)
Noble Tome Library (.. library? lol jk!) - 180,529 property price ... for this price, you think they'd have put even ONE bookshelf that stocks the basic cooking, handiness, logic skill books, right? ... NOoooooo... so if you decide to use this thing, edit it and add a bookshelf or two that does!!
Mr. Crunches Gym (.. gym) - 148,282 property
Sudsy Time Laundromat (.. lol) - 95,574 property
Par Excellence Prep School (school) - no cost - and warning, it doesn't really act as a "prep" or boarding school, it actually is just a regular old school, and can cause routing weirdness as to which school kids go to if you have it and another school in your world.. found this one out the hard way. it sure is a pretty building though!
Fresh & Frozen Express Grocer (supermarket) - 27,000 building buyout - again, very cool looking!
Scrumptious Nibbles Cafe (Bistro) - 37,500 building buyout

Generations Lot (the only actual commercial lot that shipped with generations.. content and the housing lots are pretty cool though..! Love the expanded game play. Makes me almost hate "Normal" life spans now.. never enough time!
Romper Recreation Playground (park) - 46,643 property price - this thing .. is... colorful! kids really like it, though..

.. and on that note, bedtime. .. I'll post the stuff I wrote down about Riverview lots, and Hidden Springs lots later.
Scholar
#67 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 8:07 AM
Ford Focus Sky Diving Center -
I don't know why you'd ever use it other than for looks. It doesn't even give a moodlet, just a straight mood boost.

Quote:
Graham's Pet Swap Shop -

Whatever you do, don't use Animal Rescuer (the adopt six pets LTW), that one is doable in maybe two or three days tops. You could not go with an LTW and do...I don't know, raise a cat, dog, and horse from kitten/puppy/foal to elder and maxing cat hunting, dog hunting, racing, and jumping? Or the same, minus the horse requirement. You can adopt kittens and puppies via the phone, wouldn't need any lots already unlocked in order to try that.

Quote:
(not using the "Jockey" achieve would be a good idea here - because to do that, I think you'd need a City Hall to register as a Horseperson profession)

I don't believe that's accurate, from what I recall.

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 11:21 AM
I don't know why you'd ever use it other than for looks. It doesn't even give a moodlet, just a straight mood boost.

Whatever you do, don't use Animal Rescuer (the adopt six pets LTW), that one is doable in maybe two or three days tops. You could not go with an LTW and do...I don't know, raise a cat, dog, and horse from kitten/puppy/foal to elder and maxing cat hunting, dog hunting, racing, and jumping? Or the same, minus the horse requirement. You can adopt kittens and puppies via the phone, wouldn't need any lots already unlocked in order to try that.

I don't believe that's accurate, from what I recall.

on the Sky Diving Center... because it's sky diving! woohooo! lol... er.. ok. *shrug* cuz it's there?

For the pet store.. I really think the Ark LTW will be best - it basically makes you take care of two of each sort of pet, so you'd have a wide basis of "knowledge".

As for the accuracy.. I looked it up and you are completely correct. You do NOT need a City Hall to get the Jockey LTW... it reads "Max Riding skill. Earn §40,000 through horses." - you don't have to have a profession to complete it. My bad!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:06 PM
Mad Poster
#70 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:55 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 17th Feb 2012 at 2:22 PM.
*Is startled but pleased by the number of new people who showed up overnight* :-D Hello everyone!

Loving the new story, Zokugai - starting with a teen works well :-) And I like the update Klevkin :-)

Thanks for the rules updates, Avalikia! :-) I've been using some of the same optional rules as Wyldhawke - mainly the lack of fire and burglar alarms until the fire station and police station are built. I quite like the cancelling the newspaper delivery idea too, I may do that from now on! :-) And possibly the pizza delivery one as well, though my sims have had pizza delivered a few times already (mainly because I use Ani's mod that stops sims from buying food from the fridge, so my founder needed to be able to eat until her lettuce plant had grown.....)

**EDITED TO ADD** I'll be taking a break from this challenge, not sure for how long. I just bought the new world from the Sims 3 Store, so I want to play that for a while to see if it's any good! :-) But I'll be back - and probably quite soon - I love this challenge! :-)
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 2:32 PM
You can still keep talking here I work on two things at the same time as well so no one is telling you to only work on this challenge I hope you keep showing up :D

thanks by the way!
Mad Poster
#72 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 2:40 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 17th Feb 2012 at 6:21 PM.
Well I'm playing about 4 other challenges too, so we'll see! :-) I've certainly been busier with this one than with the others, so I'm sure I'll be around here a fair bit. I may hate the new world, I guess, in which case I'll be back within hours of installing it, which I'm doing now :-) (obviously I hope I don't though - I just spent about £15 on it so it better be good!)

**EDIT** Just played it for about 10 minutes and I didn't get into it at all..... I'll go back to it later and see if it grows on me, but for now I'm going back to the Underwoods! :-D I guess that nothing beats the Underwoods and this challenge for me at the moment! :-)

Marcus Underwood just invented a time machine - he travelled to the past, and now has a son named Philip Underwood! Eeeek! :-) That's a first for my game - I've never had a time travel child before. I'm quite chuffed :-) In other news, Rebecca has returned from boarding school, and is pregnant with her "boyfriend" Luke Lindley's baby.... Scandalous! She's just turned YA, and he'll become an elder tomorrow! And he's been woohooing with the maid, Janis! Sort of fortunately, Laura (my selfsim) just died - at least she won't have to deal with all the scandal around her eldest daughter's relationships.....

Luke has now become an elder, and has invited Janis to move in with them. He doesn't know yet that Rebecca is pregnant, but he's about to find out! Janis is also be pregnant with his baby - and as he has had fertility treatment it could well be babies for both women! Luke has married Rebecca, at Marcus and Danielle's insistence, but he's not broken off his affair with Janis. When Rebecca and Janis's babies are born, Luke intends to move to his own place taking both women and both/all the babies with him! Shocking! He's moved out with Rebecca and their twin boys Oliver and Gareth, and when Janis's baby or babies are born she and the little one(s) will join them in their new home! Danielle has gained a celebrity star, so the family is saving up the money to buy a poolside club.

I'm enjoying having a more manageable household sizewise! I plan to send Kayleigh on holiday to meet someone special, and then when that someone has moved in with her I will get her pregnant and move the happy couple out into their own home. Then when Dave dies (which probably won't be long - he's 93 days old) and Janis gives birth and moves in with the Lindleys (or to her own place, I'm not sure yet) it'll just be the three Underwoods left. That will be the first time the house has just contained a core family group since Laura moved her friend Alma in right back at the beginning of the challenge! :-)

Current Households:

- The Underwoods - Dave Ramsey (E), Janis Rosado (A), Marcus Underwood (YA), Danielle Ramsey Underwood (YA), Kayleigh Underwood (Te), Philip Underwood (C)
- The Lindleys - Luke Lindley (E), Rebecca Lindley (YA), Oliver Lindley (B), Gareth Lindley (B)

Current Community Lots:

- Supermarket (Laura)
- Bookstore (Alma)
- Fishing Spot (Dave)
- Consignment Store (Graham)
- Graveyard (Kayleigh)
- Laundrette (Rebecca)
- Military Base (Luke)
- Junkyard (Marcus)
- Day Spa (Janis)

Planned Future Community Lots:

- Poolside Club, probably (Danielle) (Painting 3, Guitar 10)
- Undecided (Philip)
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:15 PM
Just a note: I finally got around to reading everyone's blog stories (or at least, the linked ones) .. totally awesome. I like how everyone has a different "take" on the challenge. I like Reya's comment about "Story > Challenge" .. It's almost how I'm viewing this one. I'm trying to follow the rules closer than Reya, but rationalizing it all through the story.

[B]@Avalikia - [/B} err.. just curious.. why is Painting required for the Police station? Seems slightly incongruous .. (and yep.. I have officially used my big word of the day. /whew! )

I have been so hooked on this challenge.. lol It's really addicting!
Forum Resident
#74 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:29 PM
Okay, I made it more like a story this time. If you guys think it's really annoying this way, I will make it more like a stats update.

Here is the link to the story:
http://birdyflynothingisfree.wordpr...and-new-member/

Very first attempt at a sims story. Sorry if it isn't that great.
Scholar
#75 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 7:10 PM
Wyldhawke: Painting is a skill requirement for the Forensics branch of Law Enforcement.

Page 3 of 39