Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nancy Drew

by piggypeach Posted 22nd May 2012 at 12:02 PM - Updated 25th Jun 2012 at 2:37 AM by piggypeach

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd May 2012 at 2:49 PM
Although I don't currently need her in my game as of yet, I wanted to thank you for your beautiful work
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2012 at 8:15 PM
Thanks guys!!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd May 2012 at 8:46 PM
OMG! You created her from days gone by! I must have read 90% of her books from that era. Hardy Boys, too :-) Great job, and thanks for sharing!
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2012 at 8:55 PM
Thanks so much Simmiller! It means a lot... I'm a big fan of your patterns!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd May 2012 at 9:10 PM
Glad to see her finished and uploaded, she looks super-cute!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd May 2012 at 10:52 PM
Love it!

I love nancy drew pc games!
My favorite is Danger by Design where she goes to Paris!!
So great to see another fan of the game series!
Thanks!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd May 2012 at 11:09 PM
EsmeraldaF - Couldn't have done it without you, thanks

hockeydog482 - Finally somebody on here knows about the games!! Virtual high-five! And what a coincidence, Danger by Design is one of my favorites too! Along with Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon and Secret of the Old Clock!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd May 2012 at 3:06 AM
I feel it's great, though I would personally make a few changes. Like, maybe add a bit of blonde (highlights?), and maybe see if there's a CC somewhere that's a bit more like the picture, though I like the choices you made too. Great job
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd May 2012 at 4:50 AM
This is amazing. I"ll have to find somewhere to fit her into my game.

I own all the games for PC... And I think I've read almost every book.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd May 2012 at 8:39 AM
First of all, She's so pretty.
And I did try to get into Nancy Drew, I was just a child though and couldn't find her books. Did manage to find two pc games though, but I was a big Scaredy cat and I never managed to beat the games.
One day I'll beat a Nancy Drew game, and I'll read one of the books too.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd May 2012 at 12:10 PM
My daughter, son and I play the Nancy Drew games together. Favourites are the ones in haunted mansions and castles. Also liked the one set in Paris.

Good job on Nancy!
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd May 2012 at 8:04 PM
thanks so much, guys.

CinderEmma - Thanks for your suggestion, but my intention wasn't to copy the picture exactly. I was trying to give a broad picture of how she looked. There are millons of versions of her, and I had to pick only one face shot to do the comparing picture, but I modeled her after several dozen photos. I didn't post them because I thought maybe it would be to cluttered, but if you want me to, I can post some of the other pictures. About the blonde highlights: Are you sure? She's a redhead..
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd May 2012 at 10:03 PM
Nancy's hair color was changed from blonde to strawberry-blond, reddish-blond or titian by the end of the decade. The change, due to a printing ink error, was considered so favorable that it was adopted in the text

Quote: Originally posted by piggypeach
:CinderEmma - Thanks for your suggestion, but my intention wasn't to copy the picture exactly. I was trying to give a broad picture of how she looked. There are millons of versions of her, and I had to pick only one face shot to do the comparing picture, but I modeled her after several dozen photos. I didn't post them because I thought maybe it would be to cluttered, but if you want me to, I can post some of the other pictures. About the blonde highlights: Are you sure? She's a redhead..
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd May 2012 at 10:44 PM
Oh lovely, thanks!

(I'm currently making my way though Tomb of the Lost Queen. The Nancy Drew games are my favorite game series, hands down, even over the Sims! I've been playing them longer, too since I was 10 and I'm 24 now, lol. :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd May 2012 at 11:50 PM
Jron7667 - Wow, thanks for the background. Still, it would be a bit odd for a vintage style Nancy with reddish hair to have blonde highlights. Just my opinion...

CeJaye - Yay! Thanks! I just started Tomb of the Lost Queen and I fell head over heels for it. I can't really say whether I like ND or sims more... It's a dead tie. I started ND when I was 6-7, but I hated it. My parents got me The Haunted Carousel, but I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to be doing, so I just wandered around aimlessly until the music creeped me out and I didn't play it again until I was 11. That's when I really got into it. And with the sims... actually, I went to my friends birthday party in 6th grade, and she had the Sims 2 for her play station 2, and it was so much fun that I was about to buy it for my computer when I realized there was a newer version, Sims 3. Immediately I became obsessed. Wow. Long Post. Sorry...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th May 2012 at 8:23 PM Last edited by FREEDOM_55 : 25th May 2012 at 2:44 AM.
I was looking for her on CFF and I was like "O.o what? she here already? where have I been?"She looks really good and didn't seem tor need my help anyways:P
I love the books and I love this sim
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th May 2012 at 1:34 PM
Thanks so much!! I wouldn't have been able to upload her without the help of you and the others
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th May 2012 at 10:05 PM
Oh my goodness, shes gorgeous! I was shocked to see her on here and I'm pleased to see that she as well as the PC games are getting some recognition in the Sims community! My favorites have got to be The Curse of Blackmoor Manor and Stay Tuned for Danger~!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th May 2012 at 1:41 AM
Thanks! Avid ND PC'r here! Awesome job!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th May 2012 at 11:28 PM
Fantastic! I've been reading Nancy Drew novels since I was 14 ( and I'm over 60 now!). My Great Aunt Evelyn gave me her complete set of Hard Bound Nancy Drew Books. They had been hers when she was a girl, and had had the books since the early 1930s. that's how old this series is! Having this Sim is going to be great fun. Thanks so much for sharing her!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 4:53 AM
Love Nancy Drew. I always waited for the days my grandma would come over to read her to me. The only PC game I really played was White Wolf of Icicle Creek. Never played the one you stated. Thanks! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 1:29 AM
OH MY GOODNESS! Lol I saw her and I was like WOAH AWESOME SIM! But then I was like nehhh probably made just for fun or someone requested it. then you talked about Tomb of the Lost Queen! AHHH! You my friend, are amazing!
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 11:47 PM
I love this! I used to play those PC games all the time!