Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#26 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by medieval_simmer
I see Darren as a guy in his 40s who has had it with changing diapers, while I see Cassandra as very shy(I'd say even timid), naive young girl. I don't think Don is the man for her either because he refuses to stay committed to one woman and I don't think romantic Cassie would accept that.

So, I made sure Don left Cassandra at the altar and married Dina Caliente who got pregnant with his kid. He has just rolled a want to go on a date with Cassandra(somehow they are still BFFs and in love), but I don't think I'm gonna let him go because Cassandra is married to Malcolm Landgraab IV and being brought up in the Goths' traditional ways and a family sim, I don't think she'd ever cheat on her husband(even though she is unhappy with him and he is cheating on her already). I should probably mention that Cassie was pushed into marrying Malcolm by her father, who decided to take control of her love life, figuring that she alone couldn't after seeing her and Don's disastrous wedding.

And just so I don't forget to mention it, I gave Darren a chance too. He called Casie on an outing before she got married and I let her go. It turned he has only invited her to the outing. They had a romantic dinner and Darren even decided to hold Cassie's hands, but no she didn't respond in any way, even when I had her ask him about his wants and he said Kiss Cassandra. I figured she either didn't realise Darren was in love with her(highly unlikely) or just wasn't interested and ended it. Darren has married Brandi Broke but the still isn't over Cassie.

@> medieval simmer > Wow ! What an interest story you have here, I would have never think that Cassandra would end up with Malcolm Landgtaab from Bluewater Village.
I think Cassandra Father old Mortimer could care less if she "Love" Malcolm or not, that Sims ( Malcolm ) is rolling with money out of his ears he is "Rich" her father pushing her into marrying was a selfish motive I think. It was all about get some of that money into this Goth family.

What a sad life for Cassandra to have been force by her father, I am sure if her mother "Bella" was still around this may have not happen, poor Cassandra really needed a mother to guide her, not having a mother around have really confuse her life a bit, when it come to the choice of the right man that really love her. How sad

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 4:57 PM
@Simonut Sorry to disappoint you, but Bella is still around. I am using meetmetotheriver's cleaned neighbourhoods so I was able to bring her back-she didn't mind her daughter's marriage one bit.

I feel so sorry for doing all of that to poor Cassandra now.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#28 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 7:39 PM Last edited by Simonut : 7th Apr 2013 at 8:01 PM. Reason: another typo
Quote: Originally posted by medieval_simmer
@Simonut Sorry to disappoint you, but Bella is still around. I am using meetmetotheriver's cleaned neighbourhoods so I was able to bring her back-she didn't mind her daughter's marriage one bit.

I feel so sorry for doing all of that to poor Cassandra now.

@> medieval simmer > lmao not disappoint at all, or surprise It just goes to show some parents may take "money" over love, and could care less about the happiness of their daughter.
Cassandra being their daughter is just a pond in their hand, since she is so timid, it's like do as I say or hit the door. To be honest even if you was able to bring Bella back, her history is not that great, no one really know if she had an affair with Don Lothario or not, Maxis seen to have left it as a "Mystery" so here thinking about your story line ( which I do like ) Maybe Bella is making way for herself ( that is if she is still a young beautiful Bella in your story and have not age to an elder yet. ) she is yet to be proven to be a saint.

So since both parents are together in your story line, Mortimer always to me have seem like a no- non- sense Difficulty Character to deal with, who do not really know the true meaning of love, no wonder the "real" Bella's in Pleasantview did a disappearing act on him and abandoned her family ( what mother would do that to her small children? )
I Think there is more to Bella's then what meet the eyes, after all Mortimer was not a poor Sims by no mean. I guess it comes down to childrens and parents and who was Mortimer and Bella parents. ( Motives ) ?? "The Apple Do Not Fall Far From The Tree." In my story line I am so happy I have Cassandra with Team Dreamer, she is very happy with Darren Dreamer, he's help her to be not so shy, sensitive or timid, and he's very "Faithful" to her 100 percent.

@> medieval simmer > I have read many story line on the MTS but I really enjoy your story line, I hope you keep us posted in the future.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#29 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 7:54 PM
@ Simonut: My Bella is an elder already. I wrote some more about the Goths in the thread What did you do with the Pleasantview characters.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 8:09 PM
Once I played her as pregnant by the cad Don, who left her at the alter! She had been so gullible (which explains why she looked like a 9year old dressed in goth drag) she never married. Another time, she adopted a girl child, not being the type to want to deal with diapers. They both were too childish to ever move out.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 11:51 PM
I always pair her with Darren because I love for my sims to have a happy, drama free, life. Also, I hate Don (well, not hate hate, but he's not good enough for Cassandra, who's one of my favorite maxis sims). She and Darren ended up having 3 kids together. She also cleans up really nicely once you give her a better hairstyle.

Although pairing her with one of the Curious brothers, now that I've read about it, is rather tempting for my megahood, hmmm...

My LJ / My Simblr
Formerly known as ShadowsMystery
#32 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 12:33 AM
Team Landgraab for me actually

Cassandra has such aristocratic facial features that the smooth blandness of Don and Darren bored me, so I thought Cassandra bearing Malcolms children would be a more suitable "old money trumps looks" pedigree for Mimi and Dudley to grow up with.
Theorist
#33 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 2:23 AM
I find it difficult to imagine Malcolm with Cassandra. She's timid and sciency, and he's... unscrupulous and cunning? That's what his description says in the game. That said, I don't like Don or Darren, either, the best match in my opinion is Vidcund Curious. They have much in common and life together would be a blast for them.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 7:42 AM
Team Lothario, even though Don is a total jerk. When I enter the Goth household upon firing up Pleasantview for the first time after installation, I always make sure to do some romantic interactions with Cassandra before letting them try to get hitched so as to prevent the initial wedding fiasco.

Darren is nice, but whenever I play him, I always let him find a different, unattached suitor (a townie, in other words) so that he can break free of the potential drama that is Cassandra and Don's entourage-of-messed-up-chicks.

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
#35 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 5:36 PM
I've always looked at it from the perspective that Cassandra felt obligated to follow in her father's career footsteps regarding Science when she would rather stay at home and raise children and be a mother since she saw Alexander grow up without one. And while she may not be as flashy as Dina she is accustomed to having the expectancy of lots of money and Darren as an artist wouldn't be able to accommodate that, and Don is to much a womanizing bachelor to ever have a solid career goal in providing for her.

Hence Malcolm who aggressively courts her and she's swayed by his power and suave and business acumen. Cassandra to me has never been about love, more like a driven self goal to know that she can provide the warmth and care to her own future children that her mother left her and her brother without all those years ago. If it had really been about true love there wouldn't be two men in her life creating a triangle she wants nothing to do with. Cassandra would never feel right slipping into Darleen's place for Dirk because she knows the pain of that due to Bella. And while she loves Don she's also the type to not play second to tenth to any other woman in her man's life. Since Don never rises above surgeon in the medicine career (which i then say it's plastic surgeon) Cassandra sees that he views women as potential art to be admired and devoured, then dumped for the next piece. And while Malcolm may be a lil cold she at least realizes that his wife is an important investment to him in his overall life portfolio. She wants the children, not necessarily the man. Malcolm wants the wife but not necessarily the children unless the "perfect family unit" makes him more competitive among his business peers and associates, it's a perfect symbiotic relationship.

All this is why for me option C- Team Malcom is the winner.
Theorist
#36 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 1:46 AM
Wow SCD, I really love how you thought it all out. I enjoyed reading your reasons! *claps*
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 1:51 AM
I am Team Dreamer.

Don is better looking than Darren but Darren isn't exactly hard on the eyes either! Once Don woo-hoo'd with Nina she kept appearing in his thought bubbles, in his dreams and he kept rolling wants that had to do with Nina. So I moved Nina into his house and the two of them refuse to marry each other (if it's not a fear for one, its a fear for the other) but they're very happy together. He's a very good father to their new daughter Brielle (who will likely be an only child). Their relationship isn't typical, they both still go out and meet other Sims to woo-hoo with but you'd be surprised at how rarely those come up. I can't imagine the same scenario with him marrying Cassandra.

As for Cassandra, I had her marry Darren and they ended up having a great looking son named Derrick; she also cared for Dirk as though he was her own but if I were going to restart my game for the millionth time, I'd probably put her with a CAS or find a townie for her to make it more interesting. Her and Darren lead very uninteresting, but happy, lives together.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 4:22 PM
You know who'd make a decent Option C? Mary Sue.

Think about it. Yes, Mary Sue's older - but so is Darren. Yes, they've both been set to straight by their lifestyles to date, but their relationships start high enough that they'd fall in love after one flirt and Fortune/Family is good chemistry. Virgo/Gemini is a neutral pairing, but they could easily be boosted to double bolts after a little canoodling, with the right turn-ons. Maybe the reason they've both settled for such impossible men is that they haven't understood their own feelings. Maybe Cassandra's only interest in them is as breeding stock, not as people, and maybe Mary Sue has withdrawn into work and gone cold toward Daniel because she simply didn't like what he had to offer. In a game in which Cass gets left at the altar and Mary Sue catches Daniel with Kaylynn, they could easily rebound onto each other and make a good life of it. Mary Sue gets to marry a rich sim, Cassandra gets an instafamily. She could even act as neutral mediator with the girls.

Of course, Lilith's boyfriend wouldn't like her...but it makes a whole different dynamic for that set of families.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Site Helper
#39 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 6:47 PM
I remembered Cassandra from Sims 1 (which I had been playing before my husband came home with Sims 2.) She was the sweet little girl that would come over to my sim's house, play with the cats for a few minutes, and then either play chess with Elvira or read a book until it was time for her to go home.

So the one and only time I played a premade family was the Goths in Sims 2. (Actually, strike that. I also played the Curious brothers in Strangetown to see a UFO. But I didn't play them after the cute little green baby was born.)

Don dumped Cassandra at the altar. So she ended up with a sim of my own instead.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 11th Apr 2013 at 7:38 PM
I like the idea of going with Mary-Sue, because they appear to be best friends since childhood. I'm just having a bit of trouble trying to reconcile the huge age gap, because there's a screenshot of an adult Cassandra at Mary-Sue's wedding, something that doesn't fit at all with their current ages. The only possible explanation I can think of without retconning the ages is that Cassandra had Elixirs of Life (Mary-Sue probably wouldn't be able to get her hands on any). But Pleasantview just has some very weird ages in general and I wouldn't be surprised if Cassandra was supposed to be around Mary and Darren's age.

Plus, while this doesn't matter much if the player doesn't share any stories, I'm worried that a clumsy writer might express their relationship as them only dating women because men have been jerks to them. Obviously that doesn't mean it's the only way Cassandra/Mary-Sue will work, but I've grown cautious because a lot of perfectly fine couples get misinterpreted by fans.

Don strikes me as someone who probably can't be happy in a marriage, or at least the kind of marriage expected of him and Cassandra. He may genuinely care about the women he's with, but he prefers to keep his own life interesting by meeting and meeting different kinds of people all the time.

I think there are two ways a marriage between them could work, though: Rewire Don entirely (something I prefer to avoid because then he isn't really Don Lothario anymore), or develop Cassandra so that she can accept an open marriage even if it might harm her reputation. Barring those, however, the best case scenario is that Don pulls Cassandra aside, admits that it won't work, and parts with her on friendly or neutral terms instead of humiliating her by leaving her at the altar.

I don't have any qualms against Darren as a character and I definitely see how he and Cassandra can be cute together; they usually gravitate towards each other in my games anyway, and I don't always try to stop them (and the one time I did, I took my eyes off them for ten seconds and they sealed the deal anyway). However, I bristle a bit at the idea of Cassandra coming to the revelation that Darren was always so kind to her and loved her all this time, so she should return his love; it reminds me too much of Nice Guys thinking they deserve the girl because every other man is a big mean jock who only wants her body, as opposed to the Nice Guy who respects her mind and heart (and body).

It also doesn't work if Darren is able to magically heal all of Cassandra's emotional wounds with the power of love, especially if her problems run deep enough to require help from people trained in that field. Kind of like with Cassandra/Mary-Sue, though, I'm only really concerned because I've seen writers fumble this kind of relationship, and if handled with care it can very easily be a healthy romance.

Overall, I'd be more likely to pair Cassandra with Darren than with Don. I haven't tried pairing her with anyone else yet, but that's mostly because I don't play the Goth family a lot. I'm starting to think her best match might not even be a Pleasantview premade; if I remember right, she had good chemistry with Vidcund Curious in one of my megahoods.
Scholar
#41 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 2:34 AM
In all but one of the times I played, Cassandra marries Darren. The time she married Don, my plan was for him to be seeing Dina, Nina and Kaylynn on the side and for him to be caught by his kid, but my computer crashe and killed the game before that happened. Cassandra is expecting twins with Darren right now, actually
#42 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosalinarocks232
Who do you think Cassandra should be with?
I, personally, am Team Dreamer.
(No, I don't like twilight with the whole "team" thing)
Anyways, what team are YOU on?
Give your reasons

Both. Cassandra is best buddies with Don Lothario and wife of Darren Dreamer in my game.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 4:17 PM Last edited by bubble101 : 14th Apr 2013 at 6:13 PM.
I picked Darren. I didn't want Cassandra to marry Don - not for her sake, but for his. I see Don as a very nice person who got a bad reputation but really just doesn't want to be tied down. In my game he and Nina are in love, but live apart and see other people - more best friends with benefits than anything. As they are both romance sims, neither of them want to get married but Nina has a Family secondary, so she rolled wants to have a baby. Don happily fathered her son Duane and she is now pregnant again. Don acts as more of an uncle to Duane than a father, but he visits often and they have a very good relationship.

Cassandra married Darren and they have two sons. As it turned out their life is not going at all well with sickness and financial trouble - Dirk died and got resurrected and now lives with them, making for a very crowded and frustrating house. Cassandra and Don haven't seen each other in years now.

Edit: Don's son just brought Cassandra's home from school and they are good friends, so perhaps a sign of families reuniting?
Instructor
#44 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 10:02 PM
I've set Cassandra up with Remington twice. Don creeps me out and Darren bores me.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 8:01 PM
team Dreamer because its like a love story to me anyways but Darren admires Cassandra and Don too much of a Casa Nova to be tied down and Cassandra's happy with Darren and her kids Derron and Sandy Dreamer

The world is all how you look at it.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 8:24 PM
Team Don Goth. Their three daughters ran my Pleasantview. Great fun.

Darren wound up with a "retired" CAS Romance sim who loved art. She brought two others kids to the marriage, and they had a third, Betty, who had her own heavy romance arc, including a Vampiric pregnancy with Alexander, and eventually hooking up perm with Nina's son. Anyhow, Darren died triple bolt happy.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 8:29 PM
"Team"? Can't they just be Sim guys competing for the same Sim woman? Don't mind me, I'm just grumbling and feeling anti-conformist.

Once, I brought back Darren's original wife and had him remarry her. That was fun. Usually, Don marries Brandi and changes his wandering ways. But I don't always play it that way. I like Don and Cassandra together because that seems to be what she wants, although once she married the gardener instead.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 4:37 AM
First time: I let Cassandra get dumped at the altar by Don. She was so upset she did the unthinkable, she sold all her dark clothing for a fresh new *happy* start and wore pink and bright clothing. She also dyed her hair blonde and got contacts before she went to Darren. Darren didn't like the new Cassandra, who now became Cassie, missing her unique gothic attire. So Cassie just moved out to get her own place and became a cat lady until she died of old age.

Second time: Cassandra got dumped at the altar again. She cried about it a few times before she ran to Darren, who was happy to take her in since she was not going to stay with her new step mom at the mansion. Cassandra let her hair down, and after a few years got married to Darren, later being pregnant. I left her standing by Darren's ex-wife's grave before I checked on Don. Don ended up living with the Caliente sisters.

Third time: Cassandra had a psychic vision, realizing this engagement wasn't going to work. She first threw the wedding party waiting for the guests arrived. Before the ceremony started Cassandra dumped Don, making the party viral and talked by the residents for generations. She got with Darren, but was bored after a week in the cramped house, with a boyfriend who only painted everyday before his son came home from school. Cassandra got back with Don, and learned to tolerate his mistresses. They never had children.

Fourth time: I let Don get with Darren. Don hasn't cheated on anyone ever since, and Darren's given up on Cassandra. Cassandra became a cat lady again, only without the pink and bright attire.

I would say Dreamer, since he deserves some form of happiness. Lothario just isn't on Cassandra's level. :P
Alchemist
#49 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 12:05 PM
I think Cassandra is a bit of a mess, i don't think Don Lothario is the right one for her, but i also don't find Darren Dreamer to be the one for her..
I think that the one who fits her is a cat..
Field Researcher
#50 Old 20th Apr 2013 at 2:45 PM
In my game Cassandra is currently happily engaged to Pascal Curious, she met him after spending a lot of time in Strangetown when she heard rumors of her mother being sighted. Pascal and her where friends for a while as Cassandra was still healing from the breakdown of her relasionship with Don, and its slowly built into a steady, loving relasionship. She's currently getting ready to move in with him and the Curious brood, and is an excellent mother to Pascals alien child. There's going to be a big wedding eventually but they are happy as they are at the moment. I doubt they will have kids in the future. . . Cassies currently unaware of her two alien half siblings that Bella is raising hidden in a old mansion right on the outskirts of Plesentview.

I almost always have Don end up with Nina eventually, to me they seem like a good match but it just takes them a while to figure it out after they've both slept around a bit. Or sometimes Nina ends up pregnant which forces them to live together and attempt to stay faithful, sometimes they end up in an open relasionship, but i think there can be a lot of love there for them too. Nina adores Don, he's defo the one for her in my eyes. In my current hood they have just moved in together, not as a couple but more as a friends with benafits situation after Nina got lonley in the condo on her own after Dina moved into the Goths. In a twist of events that even i didn't expect Don got abducted by aliens. . . a few hours after Nina fell pregnant with his baby. I'm looking forward to playing that out. Ninas always turnt out to be a fantastic mum in my previous hoods.

Now for my current favourite couple. . . Darren and Tara Kat <3 I normally have Tara end up with John Burb but her and Darren hit it of so much in my game! Shes just moved in with him and is in the process of setting up her own pet shop/cat retreat in her old condo. They had a beautiful summer wedding in Darrens back garden and Darren brought her a new kitten as a wedding present, they are now the proud parents of 6 cats and in the process of discussing adopting a child now Dirks moved to college, it all depends if Taras buissness takes off!

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Page 2 of 4