Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sim Bouncer - a trampoline for fun and body skill

by NixNivis Posted 21st Apr 2013 at 2:08 PM - Updated 12th Nov 2014 at 12:56 PM by NixNivis : Added requirement info

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 103 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 2:58 PM
This is so cute! You've thought of everything with this, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 3:53 PM
This is great! Really looking forward to having an at-home inexpensive fitness activity for the whole family that they will actually enjoy. Jogging is great, but my sims have the unfortunate habit of going for 3 hour runs without regard to other obligations, like work or child care. When will they learn?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 4:00 PM
This looks fantastic! I saw it briefly when Lee tweeted about it on Friday, but I didn't take the time to read everything then. I love how much effort you've put into this, with all the details like teaching and changing in and out of athletic wear and the fitness enthusiasm. This is a very well executed project and it will have a permanent home in my downloads folder. Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 5:10 PM
This is great! Thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 5:37 PM
Great idea! It's great that you created an item that allows a sim to have fun working out. Who doesn't want to have fun while getting their exercise?
Constant Contestant
#7 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 6:44 PM
Yay, it's here Can't wait to see how it works in game.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 8:20 PM Last edited by fakepeeps7 : 22nd Apr 2013 at 12:48 AM.
Awesome! I think there's going to be one of these in every household in my Sims' neighbourhood...

EDIT:

I've just been playing with this. My Sims are having so much fun. Just a tip, though: don't give a trampoline to your university students. Their friends who drop in monopolize the thing. For hours. In the dark. While the playable Sim is fast asleep in bed. It's kind of hilarious, actually...

My Sims won't use the trampoline if their Fun score is too low, though; they tell me they're NOT in the mood. Is this normal?
Née whiterider
#9 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 8:39 PM
This is absolutely fabulous, Nix!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 8:43 PM
Nice! I don't know what to compliment you about first: kids can use it (and no fear of the social worker), it fits into compact spaces, no sims overheating, the colors (and cute design choices to boot), increases fun and physical activity... I'll just give up here and say "Thank you!" instead. :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 8:51 PM
Fantastic, thank you!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 9:04 PM Last edited by Simonut : 23rd Apr 2013 at 2:47 AM.
@ > NixNivis > I must say you have really taken this Trampoline a level higher, I remember back in 2006 Creator Zookini here on MTS did a Jumpking SimTrampoline.
that version did work as well. But you have added more features to your version that will benefit the Sims.

Not only have you made it one tile as opposed to Zookini 3 tiles, but I think the poly is a bit lower with your version as well. The colors are good and I do have a community GYM to use it in thanks for the MATY link.

Thank you Nix for taking the trampoline to a much "Higher Level." for more usefulness.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 9:53 PM
This is really cute. I don't think many of my adults will use it, but I love it for kids. A few years back there was a real trampoline boom in my country, and virtually every garden has one now if there are kids in the household. My Sims can join the hype =) Thanks for sharing!

One question, are the side-colors tied to any of the center-colors? To keep my Downloads folder slim I'd like to only get a few of the border-colors, but sometimes the two are tied so I figure I'll ask first =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 12:47 AM
Already let my Sims jump on that. It's really cute watching the kids having fun with that Love that item and really don't know how I could let my Sims live so long without owning a trampoline.
Former Hamster
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 5:49 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 23rd Apr 2013 at 2:59 AM. Reason: enough said :)
I've been waiting a year to be able to use this final version. It was worth waiting for. Thank you Nix! This awesome trampoline kicks every other trampoline's butt.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 7:29 AM
Very cool.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 7:56 AM
High quality work. Love all the thought that went into it, such as changing clothes, learning, teaching, not getting warm, etc. Thank you very much. This is a must-download for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 2:08 PM
I don't see why EA could of made this for the Freetime EP but thanks for making it anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:18 PM
So, this is one of the projects you've been working on in your secret lab! Great job, Nix! I love when you have "ideas" that spawn into creative awesomeness! My Simmies and I thank you immensely for the time and love you put into this project.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:25 PM
This is awesome, Nix.. My simmies and I ty so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 7:28 PM
I just tried this and it's great. I love how my sims get in shape so quick. I had one sims that was borderline out of shape. I put my sim on it and she went right back to top shape quickly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 10:19 PM
Amazing Idea- Can't wait to try it with *Jiggly* sim meshes. Could be quite a laugh. Thank you for your TIME and dedication on this awesome project!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 12:23 PM Last edited by NixNivis : 23rd Apr 2013 at 3:45 PM. Reason: better phrasing
My, so many nice comments! Thank you, everybody! :lovestruc I'm absolutely thrilled that you like it, and I'm very happy that you also like the little things about it, like the changing of clothes. My personal favourite feature - apart from the bouncing itself, of course - is actually the cheering. I don't know about you, but sometimes when I work out it would be great to have someone cheering me on.

Now to the questions!

@fakepeeps7, yes, it's normal. Since this is a skilling object, it has a BHAV that checks Sims' mood before they start using it, to make sure their average motives are within an acceptable range for skilling. Unfortunately, as you noticed this also means that you can get Sims who refuse to use the fun trampoline because their fun is too low (or rather, because their fun is too low in conjunction with other moods) - which I've had happen to my own Sims and agree is completely silly. I don't want to take that BHAV out, though; then Sims could be on the verge of motive desperation and still happily bounce away (even though they'd stop when they reached actual desperation), and I don't want that. It would be possible for me to add my own custom mood check, that wouldn't take fun into consideration, but I'd have to think about it for a bit to see how best to set it up.

Hmm... something else I might be able to do is to set things up so that Sims who are in a bad mood don't gain any body skill, but just jump for fun. That would be much easier to do...

I'm going to have to ponder this for a while. Thanks for the input!

@gummilutt, no, the frame recols and the fabric recols aren't tied together in any way, so you can delete anything and everything you want. Well, except for the teal frame and the plain black fabric; that's the mesh, so the only way to get rid of those two is to delete the trampoline and I'm going to assume you don't want that.

@AriesFlare, I completely agree, who doesn't want to have fun when they exercise? Fitness and fun, it's a win-win. IIRC, Sims don't quite build fitness with the trampoline quite as quickly as they do on the bench press, but it comes close. (I have to admit I had the fitness build at a really slow pace at first, because when I thought "trampoline" I thought of the playful bouncing I did as a kid - but then a friend pointed out to me that serious trampolining can indeed be just as strenuous as pushing weights, so I turned the fitness up quite a bit to make it more realistic.)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 1:51 PM
Excellent idea, thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 2:08 PM
Oh wow this is a neat skill building item and I also love the colours too.Thanks
Page 1 of 6