Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Carroll-Merchant Mansion

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 27th Jul 2013 at 5:07 PM - Updated 26th Nov 2017 at 7:52 PM by Fergus' Mind

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 5:44 PM
I LOVE this house! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 6:27 PM
I have been waiting for a replica of this house! You are the bomb!!!!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 6:59 PM
As promised, here's the additional pics.
Thanks for the feedback so far!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 7:24 PM
It looks wonderful!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 9:53 PM
Beautifully done! The details are wonderful-you can tell there was a lot of care put into this creation. I've downloaded many of your homes as I adore houses with character in both Sims and RL. Thank you for sharing this!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 11:50 PM
Love the house you've made, Fergie_F
Inventor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 3:32 AM
It's gorgeous! I will almost certainly use it someplace.

It's a terrifying number of bedrooms, though, all with a double bed .
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 5:13 AM
Woooo! It's up :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 5:22 AM
Lovely! Glad to see it uploaded!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 11:51 PM
Very nice and love your details, Fergie_F!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 7:09 PM
WOW, I love this! I love it even more because my family's surname is Carroll. xD
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 3:52 AM
Wow, seeing the link to my Innes/Charmed house completely made my day. Thanks for the smile you just put on my face. I love the changes you made in the house to make it your own. The layout is fantastic. I could definitely live here. Now if only we could build these houses in real life.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 1:17 PM Last edited by Fergie_F : 7th Aug 2013 at 8:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Morgosus
nice.. but i can't get into cellar, stairs wont work

Damn! It was fine with my many sim days of playtesting, my sim liked to go down and play with the train set. I'll look into the matter and see what I can do.
****Edit****
I've played the house again and the staircases work perfectly fine. Is anyone else having trouble with them?
Screenshots
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 5:29 PM
I must have this! I loved your Huckleberry Cottage. Looks like I have some house DL'ing to do
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 8:20 PM
I love all your work. I try the same kind of thing, Victorian and farmhouse replicas, but I can never put as much detail in them as you have yours. My name on the exchange is the same as here. I only have two up there and no Sims 3 houses up here at all. Taking pics and posting them is a job in itself. You are AWESOME btw.

I want to ask, Is the back story to the real house in San Francisco true? If so, would that be why it was chosen for the Charmed set?
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cjanefly764
I want to ask, Is the back story to the real house in San Francisco true? If so, would that be why it was chosen for the Charmed set?

Thanks!. The house used for the exteriors in 'Charmed' is actually in Los Angeles, as you can see here. There is no Charmed house in San Francisco.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 6:09 PM
IT dos not look like the charmed hous on the inside
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flykay
IT dos not look like the charmed hous on the inside

It's not supposed to. That's why it doesn't look like it on the outside either.
Hence why it's not named after it either. But it was inspired by the real house from the show; the Daniel Innes House, as stated in the upload description.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 4:55 PM
May I recreate this house on Sims 4? Of course I would credit you
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abracadaver
May I recreate this house on Sims 4? Of course I would credit you

You may certainly have a go, I'm curious to see how it would look. I've yet to get Sims 4, but from what I gather, it's actually quite restrictive in regards to aspects such as the amount of storeys you can have and use of CFE, which of course is something that this house's very looks are dependent upon. But by all means, go ahead, knock yourself out.
P.S. Don't actually knock yourself out/unconscious.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:51 AM
Great job. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:00 AM
absolutely beautiful!