Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Steam Locomotive HD Texture Pack

by blennus Posted 14th Aug 2013 at 2:17 PM

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 11:08 PM
wow this is wonderful, thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 12:35 AM
Another nice texture replacement! Even though I will probably never use the train elsewhere other than France, still, it's nice that it can now look a lot nicer in the game! Thanks again!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 1:27 AM
This is so clean and realistic looking. Wonderful texture. Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:29 AM
Love it, thanks blennus
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 4:44 AM
Sorry but I don't see any improvement...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 11:23 AM
As a train enthusiast I can tell you the attention to detail is stunning! Beautiful work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 10:23 PM
I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want this beautiful train in any of their midwest towns now.
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thnkr0917
I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want this beautiful train in any of their midwest towns now.
Machinmas
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meyomey

Well everthings a blurred line for you isnt it!
Instructor
#11 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 11:25 AM
It's beautiful and is what I really need in my world.

The questions:
1. So we can find the train in objects/decor or world objects?
2. The train steam is visible or it's just a photoshop?
3. Do we need WA?
(I have WA but I asked for simmers who may not have WA installed)

Thank you for a beautiful train.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by little bee
It's beautiful and is what I really need in my world.

The questions:
1. So we can find the train in objects/decor or world objects?
2. The train steam is visible or it's just a photoshop?
3. Do we need WA?
(I have WA but I asked for simmers who may not have WA installed)

Thank you for a beautiful train.

1. It's only available in CAW (Create-a-world), unless you have a mod that adds it to the edit town or build mode somehow.
2. The train's steam is part of the object if you place it on the rail tracks. See France. In fact if you zoom in while the train goes by, you can hear it chugging along.
3. Yes WA is a requirement.

Sum stultus maximus
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 2:04 PM
Can you put the train in any world that you create? Also, where do you place the file? Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 12:04 AM
I am kinda disappointed that there is no Maxis logo in that train. The original had them.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 6:13 PM

I'm confused, too. I live in the midwest and too d**n close to a train so I'd love to subject my simmies to the torture of having trains nearby; however, I'm confused about the improvements. I thought the before/after pics were reversed! Not sure why the train is going from detailed to a murky mess. Is this something that had to happen to allow it to be place-able in worlds?

I am interested in putting a train in-game and would appreciate info regarding why this re-texture seems so fuzzy....
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 12:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by kslibra
I'm confused, too. I live in the midwest and too d**n close to a train so I'd love to subject my simmies to the torture of having trains nearby; however, I'm confused about the improvements. I thought the before/after pics were reversed! Not sure why the train is going from detailed to a murky mess. Is this something that had to happen to allow it to be place-able in worlds?

I am interested in putting a train in-game and would appreciate info regarding why this re-texture seems so fuzzy....

You two are obviously struggling to see the actual re-texture here. The fuzzy train is EA's train. The re-texture is the clean, HD train shown. Take another look at the pictures, really pay attention to them, and you'll see..

Thank you for this! :lovestruc EA always seem to forget that people notice where they've stooged out on decent textures
Field Researcher
#17 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pink_Pwincess
You two are obviously struggling to see the actual re-texture here. The fuzzy train is EA's train. The re-texture is the clean, HD train shown. Take another look at the pictures, really pay attention to them, and you'll see..

You know, there's nothing wrong with my ability to read or to see, assuming the pictures aren't mislabeled. On the EA trains, I see highlights, striping, edging around the windows, etc. On your trains I see dull texture, monotone and blurry edges. Granted the textures on EA's train can almost seem a tiny bit cartoony but, at a distance, this would really mellow and be rather nice.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 9:30 AM
Where do I find this?
I put in in my mods packages folder but cant find it in create a world, just the EA "Antique train"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GenTheHen4
Where do I find this?
I put in in my mods packages folder but cant find it in create a world, just the EA "Antique train"

Yep, it 's the antique train, but the mod's texture effects wont show up in CAW, until you enter EIG.

Sum stultus maximus
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 9:55 PM
ok thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 8:48 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 4:41 PM
My deepest thanks-Nightflower
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 11:30 PM
Nice.. Now if somebody could make a recolor of it as the Hogwarts express...THAT would be AWESOME