Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

10 Base Game Family Starters (No CC)

by Yogi-Tea Posted 1st Mar 2014 at 4:39 PM - Updated 1st Mar 2014 at 5:11 PM by Yogi-Tea : fixed typo & thumb pic

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 5:28 PM
Wow. I am always on the lookout for starter homes....not just to begin a new town, but also to populate existing towns will legacy family lines. I myself am the progeny of 2 of the biggest families in my hometown, and am related to almost every other large family as well.

Ummmm....anyways, having good starters is critical for my gameplay. All that, just to say.....THANKS. ESPECIALLY for the smaller lot sizes.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 12:30 AM
Starter houses are ALWAYS appreciated. Thanks.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 6:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

@Chocklitkiss: I grew up in a large family. For a short time we were 12 people in the house (parents and 10 children). I had tried to build such a big house but then I read somewhere that it's not possible to create families larger than 8 sims, so these houses are for up to 8 sims only.

I started to build family starter houses in 2012 but endet up with 20 houses of which only 5 were true starters (= 1-5 Suburbia Avenue). It's so darn difficult to build starter houses for larger families, especially if you just want to use basegame objects. Each wall piece costs money and the larger the family is, the more expensive the house gets because you can*t just have one bathroom for them all. And kitchen, livingroom and all that has to be bigger, too. Even though there are a few wall covers and floors that don*t cost money, you can*t use them for the whole house because it would look stupid (even if you use the CAS tool for everything).
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 10:54 AM
Nice collection and it's fantastic that they're all base game and no cc, great work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 2:26 PM
Thanks, these fit perfectly in the farm world I'm building right now.
Quote:
I read somewhere that it's not possible to create families larger than 8 sims, so these houses are for up to 8 sims only.
You probably already know this but you could have larger families with NRaas mods: link I never tried having more sims because my pc almost gives up with the allowed 8.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 3:31 PM
Wonderful designs, beautifully decorated, a home for every Sim! An absolutely wonderful collection - thank you so much for the work you put into this and for sharing with the rest of us!
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FozzerBear
Thanks, these fit perfectly in the farm world I'm building right now. You probably already know this but you could have larger families with NRaas mods: link I never tried having more sims because my pc almost gives up with the allowed 8.

Yes, I know that. However, if people don't want to cheat with the money (e.g. use the cheat "motherlode" or "freerealestate") to have their families moved into an expensive house it is very likely, that they also wouldn*t want to use a mod to increase the number of sims in the family.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 6:05 AM
Has anybody told you how awesome you are? Lately, I've been trying to find starters to hold more than just one single sim. It's hard! And if I try to build one, it's an eyesore with a terrible layout. You totally just made my week! *hugs*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:22 PM
Awesome houses. Thank you!
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 6:43 PM
awesome thanxs for having really great starter houses
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 1:43 PM
The houses are very simple, but they're quite lovely! Very good use of space, and some room for expanding if you're tricky. I usually don't like downloading a bunch of Sims3Packs, but these are worth it. Thanks for the awesome houses!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 3:56 AM
Just what I was looking for! [: My Sims get no breaks with cash and need a few starter homes. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:20 PM
These are such lovely houses, and the all-in-one download folder is so convenient!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st May 2014 at 1:38 AM
i love them all!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th May 2014 at 10:12 PM
Sweet starter homes, After playing for so many years I love you made starter homes. I like new. And I have played in every town home now. TY =P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:01 PM
Always looking for starters to allow my town to move around, thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 2:48 AM
I love them!
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 2:46 AM
Thanks a lot Yogi-Tea!!! These houses are blessings to The Sims' World.