Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Closeted - The UnCloset

by mustluvcatz Posted 13th Mar 2014 at 2:26 PM - Updated 6th May 2014 at 4:00 PM by mustluvcatz

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 4:00 PM Last edited by aparkin85 : 27th May 2017 at 3:48 AM.
This is one of those items that I didn't know I needed till I saw it, I have struggled with closets for ages now, This is great, Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 4:08 PM
Thanks, I really love this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 5:20 PM
This is soooooo cool! Thanks for sharing.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 5:24 PM
I love to build and furnish homes, so this is fabulous. Thank you!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 5:57 PM
You always come up with the best ideas!! Another fave!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 8:07 PM
I have a question -- suppose I put Dr. Pixel's folded clothes dresser on one of the shelves (or some other usable item like that) -- would it be available to sims to use, or would the door part of the mesh get in the way?
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 8:45 PM
Reading about the alternatives you tried before coming up with this was a hoot, especially with pictures. Great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 8:46 PM
This is very cool! Thank you for sharing ;)
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 10:50 PM
Love these! They'll be fab for creating linen closets in bathrooms without them being actual closets. I say that because the linen closets in my house have glass doors. It kind of forces me to keep things neat in there, which is good for accountability for super-slob like me. Plus, they're just pretty. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:06 AM
These are so great! I got so excited when you posted the WIP photos on Tumblr haha. I love the "before" pictures you used. I actually want to try the curtain closet now. I had never thought of that before. Thanks so much for these!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:14 AM
What a great idea And pretty recolors too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:23 AM
This is perfect! I can't tell you how many times I've built a box with a door to represent closets in my Sims' kitchens, baths, and laundries. Now I can go back and make them real closets.And they're beautiful! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:34 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw you working on this on tumblr
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 12:40 PM
Ahah! We think alike...I have SO many creation projects, and that one had to wait...
I saw you chose the closet from AL, I never thought of using this. My idea was to create "Doors that aren't doors", and use them as pretend closets
In my mind though, there was no inside...just a deco Persian door and such, that would "snap" to walls.
You are funny and imaginative, I like you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 12:52 PM
They look awesome.One thing i really hated about the Closets from AL is the fact that they turn very dark when placing them in the two tile "room" which is needed for the closet.
One thing i also love about your new closets is the fact that they are kinda "set back",this just lives the room a bit up and makes it more realistic.
Thanks alot for this great thing.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 6:20 PM
An excellent idea, and very well presented!
Scholar
#18 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris W.
They look awesome.One thing i really hated about the Closets from AL is the fact that they turn very dark when placing them in the two tile "room" which is needed for the closet.

I do have two solutions for that: If the closets are set on an outside wall I use Rebecah's invisible window to lighten them up. Otherwise, I hit the L key to turn on nighttime while in build/buy mode, and set a small ceiling light in there. That way it stays turned on and you can always see the front of the closet.

Which doesn't in the least make this set any less wonderful.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 6:40 PM
Nice idea and nice execution. Some of those glass textures would go really well on some of the doors too. Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 11:01 PM
:D Your presentation is adorable and these non-closety closets look so fun to play with, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 1:23 AM
What a neat, wonderful idea! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 4:09 AM
Thanks so much for these. I was pissed when I built my apartments only to find that I couldn't use the AL closets in them. These will work perfectly!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 8:16 AM
Great idea !!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 2:43 AM
This is fantastic! Can't wait to use it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 7:09 PM
Love these and have always wished for something similar. Great work.
Page 1 of 3