Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

NCI - Milburn ''Rich Uncle'' Pennybags (Mr. Monopoly)

by d_dgjdhh Posted 27th Jun 2014 at 1:33 AM - Updated 17th Mar 2019 at 11:47 PM by d_dgjdhh

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 3:33 AM
He's wonderful d. Glad to see you got the top hat issue solved.
Demon Sheep
#3 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 4:40 AM
He looks SO awesome. Love all the pics, and that brilliant newspaper article, and all the special content you made for him. Plus ofc the resemblance is fantastic! Wonderful job.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 4:48 AM
That's for the compliments, I hope it'll be a success, my first Sims upload.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 7:14 AM
This is my very first time dowloading a Sim because I like creating them myself (and partly because they use too much CC for my taste). But this time I can't help it!
Your Monopoly Game Town is one of my personal favourites (it's so unique!) and Mr. Pennybags will be such a wonderful addition. Plus an excuse to start that neighbourhood and populate it all over again :D
Thank you so much for all the work you've put into this upload!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
#6 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 7:35 AM
Excellent upload with some extra special attention to detail. Great job.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 10:14 PM
Oh, he's adorable! Nice job!
Banned
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 5:37 AM
I never knew the monopoly guy was a real person and had a name. I just always called him the monopoly guy. Great back story.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 6:51 AM
Ah, well the Monopoly guy could have been based off a caricature of an actual person. That person in question was a famous figure in the financial world. His name... J.P.Morgan. He did business in the late 19th/early 20th century, he was a wealthy banker/investor.

Basically the history is this: Parker Brothers invented a stock market game called "Rich Uncle" in 1933 (hence the nickname given). The object of that game was to roll dice, bet on companies in the game, and be the first to accumulate $50,000. This could have been the first appearance of Pennybags.

The cartoon depiction of Pennybags first appeared in 1936 on the Chance & Community Chest cards, then outside of Monopoly on a game called "DIG" (in 1940). The idea of that game was to 'mine' your letters out of a box tray to form words. Perhaps Monopoly was becoming so popular, they invented a side game with Pennybags' likeness to sell the game DIG?

As for the full name, it became "Milburn Pennybags" in 1988 when a book published by historian Phillip Osbourne called 'The Monopoly Companion' gave names to all the cartoon characters on the Monopoly board & cards. Officially since 1999, he's known by Hasbro as Mr. Monopoly. So no more formality, I guess.

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Pretty Space Pony
#10 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 9:12 AM
What a clever idea! Love your presentation too Thanks for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 12:10 AM Last edited by billielith : 18th Jul 2014 at 6:42 AM.
This is fabulous and a great match to your Monopoly neighborhood (which I got and play often!) I really love it. My wealthy sim Victor and your Mr. Pennybags will make pretty good friends methinks! :P
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 1:57 AM
Thanks for your compliments every one, I just noticed tonight, Picked upload! Yay!!!

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 7:11 AM
Yay indeed, your work deserves it.

And btw I don't have the Celebration SP installed, but while I can't use your pretty recolor of that outfit - and that is a pity, you did a really good job - your sim works fine in my game. Just gotta clone him to give him some hair, lol.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 7:15 AM
I wish I could have included the mesh, although I don't think it would have been allowed to simply copy the Maxis mesh & call it a "new mesh" when it was simply a recolor.

However, I suppose the more folks purchase The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, the more likely this download will become more accessible.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:14 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 6:48 PM
hdgfyhndfyqgtb dnnycfb fg snifq dyuspnocgvqfghjdk,cn
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 10:09 AM
Perfect! Every neighborhood needs one of these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 3:39 AM
Thanks for this; I have plans for him hehehehe!
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th May 2016 at 2:16 PM
Якубович
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 6:55 AM
Thanks! It looks great and soulful, and I'll put the face aside for the collection.