Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:58 AM
Niiice! I was still missing an expansion pack and a couple of stuff packs :P

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:17 AM
The people who are having difficulties with Clean Installer probably need to check that it's installing to the right Documents folder. It's probably not Docs/EA Games/The Sims 2 - I've seen a few people say it's EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, or it might be EA Games/The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. Either way, CI is probably trying to install into EA Games/The Sims 2, so you just need to tell it to do otherwise.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:50 AM
This screams damage control to me but I am not gonna complain No honestly, I am a big critic of the way they are handling Sims 4 but this is a really nice thing to do. So, even if it pains me a little to say: Thank you EA!
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 12:26 PM
I really wish I read this thread before downloading UC, because I didn't know what do to since I already had 4 discs installed already. i just proceeded to install because I thought it was harmless and not a big deal, but I see it is. Uh oh.
Test Subject
#30 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 1:29 PM
I effing love you guys!
I've been wanting to play the Sims 2 again for a while. I was obsessed with the characters and the stories, but I've been too cheap to downgrade from the Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 1:39 PM
These may be silly questions, but please bear with me. >.< Does Body Shop come with it? If so, where is it in the directory? And does anyone know about mod or CC compatibility for this version yet? Thanks.

Of Life and Pixels (coming soon)MTSSims WorkshopTwitterTumblrPinterestFlickrInstagram ♠ Origin ID: LeiaStyle
Test Subject
#32 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 2:49 PM Last edited by cameroncr95 : 24th Jul 2014 at 3:00 PM.
UC Is compatible with Windows 8, but there are still a dozen problems. Wants and Fears are showing up as Gray Boxes for me and will not change.
Its just crippled under 8. Thankfully tonight when I get drivers downloaded I am removing this trash Windows 8 and downgrading to 7.

Unrelated note:
If you can, DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS 7 IF YOU HAVE 8. Windows 8 is dying and its trash. Everyone knows it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:43 PM
Bodyshop is in Origin/The Sims 2/SP9/CSBin, and the last EP/SP in UC is M&G, so Al or M&G mods work with it.

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:01 PM
I have all the EP and SP and was lucky to find Holiday Stuff Pack on ebay. I have installed UC on my laptop. My dvd drive stop working about two years ago, so to know I can play it on my lap top makes me happy. So now when I go away on vacation I can bring my Sims 2 UC with me.
Theorist
#35 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KDrwenski
Thanks so much for the message! To be honest, I wouldn't think EA would send dozens of dollars worth of Sims for free considering all I hear is money, money, money from other people.

Also, Origin says this can take a few hours. This will be a long day.

That's because EA's about to launch The Sims 4 which is NOTHING like any Sims game we've ever seen. This is a huge bonus for me because I only had Base, NL, BV, OFB, Seasons, FT and AL for EP's and only H&M SP. I've never played Pets or Uni so it will be a new experience all over again. Are SP's included in this collection? Does anyone know?

Now I just have to figure out how to play TS2 all over again and most definitely need to figure out how to put in my 3rd party CC I know... I'm such a newb Hubby's playing his game and he keeps asking how to do things in that game which we both forgot as we've been playing TS3 since launch.

Oh and it took me about an hour to download. I guess the servers were busy.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:16 PM
I downloaded the Ultimate pack and ran it. The screen resolution problem is back. I went in and changed all the Graphics Rules in Config and CSConfig and all the packs and it changed nothing. I used the command "seti textureMemory 1744". Any help with this? What about lighting mods and camera mods?? Will they work??
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 5:17 PM
Is it okay if I'm gonna uninstall my Store version before downloading TS2 UC?

Somewhere, some sim has found out that there is a shining green diamond hovering above...
Scholar
#38 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:09 PM
Awesome! So I can play Sims 2 now, again, without having to rebuy the EP or game itself? This is really neat, EA, you impressed me. So if I want to play the game, I just click on it and no necessity of discs or anything? Great. Sure, it'll have Stuff Packs or certain EPs that I never really wanted, but... it's free! Can't really complain about the price.

C-A
Mad Poster
#39 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:41 PM
So wait ... my stupid move WASN'T stupid?

I have an Origin account ,but did not download Origin. I needed to get an account to post on app forums.

I did get my code (curiosity killed the cat and all that ... I didn't really expect to get it!), but really don't want to disturb the game I have on my machine.

I'm still not sure if you need Origin downloaded in the first place, but I'm planning to refurb my netbook to Windows 7 and keep a backup disk.

So what this means is that I can download Origin on my old config, get a nice and clean config with Win 7, put Origin and the code on backup (NOT download Sims 2 ... the putt-putt netbook could never handle it), and if I ever need this game, just log into Origin, put it on the new machine, and THEN download Sims 2?

That would really be too good to be true. Dare I hope?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 7:14 PM
I just put sims 2 on my laptop along with all expansion packs and stuff packs. There's nothing new is there?
Mad Poster
#41 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 7:40 PM
Ooh... now I can get my hands on that one elusive SP that wasn't included in any of the other collections!
Test Subject
#42 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 8:52 PM
This is Great! Now I have the COMPLETE set! Love Love Love it!

Can it be downloaded to an 'external' hard drive for later use? Or will it still want to put the files on my regular computer?
Test Subject
#43 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:31 PM
Only avaliable on Windows.. :'( :'( :'(
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 10:29 PM
Whenever I install it, there is no EA Games folder in my documents so there are no neighborhoods available when the game starts. Is anyone else having this problem.
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 11:40 PM
I just got it yesterday, after i installed Windows 8 i wasn't allowed to play Sims 2 (with all the expansions in DVD/CD) but now this is working fine in Windows 8.1, thanks EA and thanks for the advice :D

(Sorry if my english is bad, not my mother language)
Instructor
#46 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:12 AM
While I do appreciate it, what would really seal the deal is if for example, same-sex couples could marry. Yes, I realize there are mods, but if EA is updating the game, would it be such a dreadfully difficult thing to do? And none of that objection to marriage crap, because people who don't want homosexuality in their games simply won't play with it and will never even have to find out.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:28 AM
egg1e, you need to uninstall ALL your sims 2 games before installing UC. backup your neighbourhoods and CC first, 'cause the uninstaller will delete them.

gazania, if you've got the code on your account, you can download Origin (or not) whenever you like and the game will be waiting for you.

lilmisssimsaddict, nope.

glh54, you could probably pull the installer from an Origin temporary folder somewhere, but you'd have to let it install UC first.

van Dorn, they haven't changed the coding at all. And really, for 2005? Same sex unions at all were pretty fracking radical, even if they weren't called marriage.

Also, all bookmark and stuff, and please suggest any additions: Ultimate Collection FAQs.

Mad Poster
#48 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 2:46 AM
And ... ready ... there's a mod for that (same-sex marriage):

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=14.0

Done.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:16 AM
i got the news yesterday and i was so happy, i only had original and university so i downloaded it and intalled everythting seemed fine but everytime i try to enter any house with a family to play or create a sim the game just shuts down,
I have a laptop with windows 8, anyone having the same issue? what could be wrong? -i didn`t have any sims installed previously in this machine- (sorry if this is the wrong place to ask and thanks in advance for any help)
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:22 AM
I lost my Sims 2 game years ago and getting this today made me so happy! I was really young when I started TS2 so playing this now should be more fun.
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: No longer available
Page 2 of 9