Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simgaroop'd Hair Default Texture Replacement

by maxboy Posted 12th Aug 2014 at 4:46 PM

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:12 PM
Wonderful job, thank you so much for sharing this! By the way, I really like how you used genderswapped maxis sims for models here
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:42 PM
If I understand aright, you've just default replaced the textures? That is very cool. I've wanted better textures for the maxis meshes for ages.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 2:32 AM
This is amazing! Now if only someone made a Pooklet one......
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 5:36 AM
Is anyone having trouble downloading the base game ?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hweldon81
This is amazing! Now if only someone made a Pooklet one......

Ja_viera Pookleted all the Maxis hairs. Look [here in the default database](http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/290234.html) and click on a hair from the base game and one from each expansion pack and Ja_viera's collection for that EP will be the first thing listed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 5:40 PM
This is great! Thank you! Now all the MM hair will match my custom hair. =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 10:35 AM
This is really great. Thanks for making this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 11:12 PM
These all look great! Nice job! :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lella27
Ja_viera Pookleted all the Maxis hairs. Look [here in the default database](http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/290234.html) and click on a hair from the base game and one from each expansion pack and Ja_viera's collection for that EP will be the first thing listed.

I realize this, but they're old and I really don't like how Ja Viera did the blonds in particular. Additionally, and more importantly, they are files with entire Eps making it an all or nothing scenario. I'd like the individual hairs pookleted and done to a higher quality. This being said, i do have Ja's K&B stuff ones because I found all of them acceptable if I just didn't look at the back of some of the blonds. As far as I know xxbeccyxx is planning to do maxis hairs pookleted and has started with one of the hat hairs. It's amazing and I look forward to more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 8:11 PM
This is perfect! I've always thought most hairstyles were okay, but the texture was just terrible!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 9:40 PM
These are lovely<3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:15 AM Last edited by Handman50 : 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:31 AM.
Hmm, this is nice, but if the nightlife hair doesn't work, why include it? I had to dig for it when I saw it turn up. Nonetheless, for the rest, this is awesome. Thank you very much!

Also, the M&G hats don't seem to have their colors anymore...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 6:52 PM
Yes, yes, YES. Thank you for this! Now I really want to use Maxis hairs! A million thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 1:28 PM
Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 3:22 AM
When I open the npc ball cap zip it seems there is only one file that is named black and red. In the description of this mod it says to only have black or red and I'm not sure what to do.
Thank you for making this mod, it is lovely