Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#501 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 6:21 PM Last edited by PSDuckie : 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:03 PM.
I've been having a lot of fun with my RLC family as well. And I have a quick question.

I rolled Single, and that roll states:
Quote:
Your heir may not have a live-in partner after the first child is born. Any extra sims must be moved out of the house by 24 hours after the first child is born. A male heir may move in a female partner for the course of any pregnancies, but the 24-hour rule applies and she may not contribute financially. Partners that have moved out are not allowed to lurk around the house to help out with toddler care and must be removed if they will not leave.

My founder hasn't had any children in the RLC. (Technically, he has one child, but that's because when I made the other family in my file, I made the founder of that family the child of the RLC family's founder. So he doesn't count, nor was he ever intended to.) He got married to Siobhan Fyres from Windenburg, and she moved in with him. The thing is, she's in the Business career. Am I correct in thinking that I should cheat away the money she brings in from her job? (I'm not going to have her just quit for storyline reasons.)

EDIT: Here's a pic of Tyll'a (my founder) and Siobhan.
Screenshots

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#502 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:18 PM
Is anybody updating this? I know that for the Sims 3 version a group took over after the creator stopped updating.
Inventor
#503 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayla_Elaine
Is anybody updating this? I know that for the Sims 3 version a group took over after the creator stopped updating.

Yes. Here is the updated challenge: https://rainygamez.com/28214-2/

Test Subject
#504 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Yes. Here is the updated challenge: https://rainygamez.com/28214-2/

Thanks so much! I am frankly too lazy to update myself but I loved it during Sims 3 and appreciated all the updates.
Test Subject
#505 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 9:03 PM
Question: my founder Lux rolled the Criminal (Oracle) branch for her career, meaning she can hack and make viruses for extra money, and at GeekCon she entered the hacking competition and won a computer. Can I sell that for money?
Inventor
#506 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blue2dolphin2
Question: my founder Lux rolled the Criminal (Oracle) branch for her career, meaning she can hack and make viruses for extra money, and at GeekCon she entered the hacking competition and won a computer. Can I sell that for money?

I'm not an RLC rules scholar, but my gut feeling says yes. That said, if I were in your position, I would want to ask someone who knows the RLC rules more than I do before feeding that computer to the sledgehammer tool.

Test Subject
#507 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:15 AM
Hi! a quick question! what would the helpers do? do they help bringing in money? and do i have to control them too? or i only control my founder/heir?
Test Subject
#508 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:48 AM
My random Legacy:
Meredith Hill
Marital = Full House
Children = 2
Primary Career = Politician (Charity Organizer)
Secondary Careers = Helper 1(Freelance Author)/ Helper 2(Diamond Secret Agent)/Helper 3(Unemployeed)
Generation Goal = Friendship is Forever
Fun Activities = Vacationer

Lol.. First generation is already tough on my patience.. What should I do about my generation goal? LOL.. My heir is a YA but the goal required me to start from childhood...
Inventor
#509 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fdy_A
Hi! a quick question! what would the helpers do? do they help bringing in money? and do i have to control them too? or i only control my founder/heir?

The only difference between a helper and a spouse is that the heir cannot be romantic with a helper. This means they are allowed to bring in money, and you are allowed to control them.

Quote: Originally posted by Fdy_A
My random Legacy:
Meredith Hill
Marital = Full House
Children = 2
Primary Career = Politician (Charity Organizer)
Secondary Careers = Helper 1(Freelance Author)/ Helper 2(Diamond Secret Agent)/Helper 3(Unemployeed)
Generation Goal = Friendship is Forever
Fun Activities = Vacationer

Lol.. First generation is already tough on my patience.. What should I do about my generation goal? LOL.. My heir is a YA but the goal required me to start from childhood...

If I were in your shoes, I would toss that roll out and reroll the generation goal.

Lab Assistant
#510 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:23 PM
Yikes! When I first updated the rolls I was checking here constantly and there wasn't much action and I thought that I would get an e-mail notification but maybe I'd need to be tagged for that? Not sure! Anyway, I apologize. I also kept expecting the original poster to show up and tell me to remove mine. Since that hasn't happened yet I'll continue on...

Jungle Adventure comes out Tuesday!

1. I heard one of the gurus say in the live stream that you can make a living off of archeology alone so I thought we'd add this to the non-traditional career rolls.
2. At the moment there is a roll in misc fun called vacationer that requires going on vacation once a week. Is this good enough or do we need to add more?
3. Any other ideas for misc fun or generational goals you can think of?

I couldn't think of anything to do with laundry day that wouldn't be kinda corny but I'm open to suggestions if you think of something to add.

Thank you @forevercamp for the suggested addition to idle careers for active careers! It's been revised with thanks to you.

Sims Blog: Stormy Dayz Gamez
Lab Assistant
#511 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeraphimLord
I'll post some suggestions for parenthood and cats and dogs,
to goal 3 (Perfect Children) an alternative would be to have all 5 reward traits from parenthood, ensuring they grow at best maturity. I'd let the players choose between this and your way
To unconventional careers id'd suggest 19) Veterinarian - buy and run a vet clinic
and 20) dog trainer p(perform with your dog in public (pet training still gotta test it though)

In Misc Fun i'd add 24) Cat or dog enthusiast, Spend 5 hours a week interacting whit your pet and bring him once a week to the vet for a checkup

I also suggest payig a vivist to the olde sims 2 random legacy which had rolls for pets

Hi SeraphimLord! I'm updating the rolls on my blog since the rolls here haven't been updated since CL I believe. I did add a requirement to Perfect Children for at least 3/5 of the traits. The reason I didn't go for all 5 is that some of them are extremely difficult to get.
I did add vet career to unconventional. Did you test out dog trainer at all to see if it is worth it? I haven't heard of anyone making money that way. I do know you can make a fortune living in B.B. with cats chasing birds! I didn't add anything to misc fun for pets but I do have several rolls in my Stages optional rolls that involve pets.
I actually did look through the old RL rolls as well as rolls for several other similar challenges. If you think of anything else please tag me. My blog has a contact page for other ways of reaching me too.

Test Subject
#512 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rainydayz179
Yikes! When I first updated the rolls I was checking here constantly and there wasn't much action and I thought that I would get an e-mail notification but maybe I'd need to be tagged for that? Not sure! Anyway, I apologize. I also kept expecting the original poster to show up and tell me to remove mine. Since that hasn't happened yet I'll continue on...

Jungle Adventure comes out Tuesday!

1. I heard one of the gurus say in the live stream that you can make a living off of archeology alone so I thought we'd add this to the non-traditional career rolls.
2. At the moment there is a roll in misc fun called vacationer that requires going on vacation once a week. Is this good enough or do we need to add more?
3. Any other ideas for misc fun or generational goals you can think of?

I couldn't think of anything to do with laundry day that wouldn't be kinda corny but I'm open to suggestions if you think of something to add.

Thank you @forevercamp for the suggested addition to idle careers for active careers! It's been revised with thanks to you.

Do you think you could update the list of aspiration restrictions? I always found that list helpful and lately I've been having to look up the aspirations myself to find out if they would conflict.
Lab Assistant
#513 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:34 PM Last edited by rainydayz179 : 25th Feb 2018 at 6:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nerdgamerfangirl
Do you think you could update the list of aspiration restrictions? I always found that list helpful and lately I've been having to look up the aspirations myself to find out if they would conflict.

I'll give it a look. Originally, I'd planned to only temporarily take over the rolls but I don't mind doing more if y'all want me to.

Edit to add: Did you mean only that the new aspirations needed to be added to the list or that the current list needs to be revised?

Test Subject
#514 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:14 AM
I'll give it a look. Originally, I'd planned to only temporarily take over the rolls but I don't mind doing more if y'all want me to.

Edit to add: Did you mean only that the new aspirations needed to be added to the list or that the current list needs to be revised?

Mostly it's just new aspirations that need to be added, but I've also noticed that some base games aspirations are missing from the list and some aspirations are listed twice.
Lab Assistant
#515 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:20 PM
Okay! I've added this to the unconventional careers roll- 20. (JA) Archaeologist/Adventurer- Go on adventures to find simoleons, Omiscan treasures, relics, artifacts, and fossils to sell or keep. You may also write archaeology books and make use of the table while home

Per request, I added a page with all of the aspirations including the new ones with a few tips and rules thrown in. Let me know if there's anything else you'll like me to add. I'm still trying to discover if there's anything I can add for Gen Goals or Misc Fun for the new pack but I wanted to post the update for this at least. After I play with it more I might get an idea.

Random Legacy Rolls

Random Legacy Aspiration Tips

Test Subject
#516 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 11:45 PM
I just started my first Random Legacy challenge on this version of the sims. (Yes, I know, super late, but I didn't enjoy Sims 4 as much before I got at least a few expansions.) Agata is to start in the Business career. I also rolled Haunted House and Homemade, so nothing pertaining to festivals. Since I recently got City Living, I decided Agata would live in an apartment for now, and I sent her to the festival when it showed up downstairs: the humor and hijinks festival. I had not realised you could get money from participating in festivals, however! Should I delete the money she got from joining a team? Should I avoid going to festivals? Or is it ok to take part once in a while?
Lab Assistant
#517 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SerraNolwen
I just started my first Random Legacy challenge on this version of the sims. (Yes, I know, super late, but I didn't enjoy Sims 4 as much before I got at least a few expansions.) Agata is to start in the Business career. I also rolled Haunted House and Homemade, so nothing pertaining to festivals. Since I recently got City Living, I decided Agata would live in an apartment for now, and I sent her to the festival when it showed up downstairs: the humor and hijinks festival. I had not realized you could get money from participating in festivals, however! Should I delete the money she got from joining a team? Should I avoid going to festivals? Or is it ok to take part once in a while?

Your sims can attend and participate in festivals but cannot sell any items they receive as rewards such as the fireworks or GeekCon computer. If you don't want to keep them delete them or sell and cheat the money away.

Lab Assistant
#518 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 1:17 AM
I had to look up something on the first page of the rules here for my own challenge that I wasn't sure about (Darnit I can't use potions! ) and got distracted by reading over the rest of the rules. There were a few things that mentioned bugs from when the game first came out that I felt might be confusing for some. Also, some descriptions like the one regarding clubs were confusing to me. So I bit the bullet and put those on my blog too. Yikes! If and when @tigger89 returns if they ask I will remove them. I did make two changes and hopefully, everyone will approve. If not, you're more than welcome to keep doing it the old way. Here's the link...

Random Legacy Rules

Test Subject
#519 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 4:50 AM
Your sims can attend and participate in festivals but cannot sell any items they receive as rewards such as the fireworks or GeekCon computer. If you don't want to keep them delete them or sell and cheat the money away.

Thank you for replying. So basically, I can keep the 500 simoleons they gave me, so long as I don't sell the mic and fireworks? That's nice. The mic is already set up in my sim's apartment, and I'll have her play around with the fireworks at a party someday.
Scholar
#520 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:15 AM
Long time in coming, and awfully short, BUT...

2.04 Chaos Multiplies
Test Subject
#521 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 9:05 AM
Okay! I've added this to the unconventional careers roll- 20. (JA) Archaeologist/Adventurer- Go on adventures to find simoleons, Omiscan treasures, relics, artifacts, and fossils to sell or keep. You may also write archaeology books and make use of the table while home

Per request, I added a page with all of the aspirations including the new ones with a few tips and rules thrown in. Let me know if there's anything else you'll like me to add. I'm still trying to discover if there's anything I can add for Gen Goals or Misc Fun for the new pack but I wanted to post the update for this at least. After I play with it more I might get an idea.

Random Legacy Rolls

Random Legacy Aspiration Tips

Hey, I want to roll my 2nd Gen but it seems your wordpress domain is down :"""
What happened?
Lab Assistant
#522 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 3:41 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience of the darned links not working. It's odd because it transferred all of the menu links to the new domain on the site. So if you click on my signature it takes you to the new one and the top has all of the challenges I maintain. Due to my upcoming divorce I decided to change everything to a new name.

Random Legacy Rules

Random Legacy Rolls

Random Legacy Aspiration Tips <----I may not have updated this for JA. My life has been chaos, sorry.

Scholar
#523 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 5:31 PM
Default New chapter!
2.05 Making Sacrifices
Test Subject
#524 Old 10th May 2018 at 2:33 AM
I tried doing this a long time ago, but my computer crapped out on me.

The parameters I got were:

Single
5 kids
Career Hopper
- Criminal (Oracle)
- Scientist
- Astronaut (Space Ranger)
- Business (Investor)
- Doctor
Haunted House
Fighter

This is so evil!!! Lol. This is going to be so hard to get 5 different baby daddies but I’m looking forward to it. Haha.
Test Subject
#525 Old 12th May 2018 at 5:31 AM
So just a quick update. My founder is Morgan Gaertner. She had a son named Collin, and is pregnant with her second child. I'm going to roll for Generation 2. I choose to do Equality, Strict Traditional, and First Born as my succession law. So Collin will be the heir. He is a fussy mess. This should be fun. I'm just glad that him and his future partner only have to have 1 kid. I already don't like him, lol. He is only a toddler.

Marital Status: Couple (8) - Your heir must obtain a romantic live-in partner. They do not have to be married.
Number of Children: 1 (1)
Primary Career: Conventional Career (2)
-Conventional Career: Tech Guru (Start-up Entrepreneur) — No additional money-making opportunities.
Secondary Career: Conventional Career (2)
-Conventional Career: Athlete (Pro Athlete) - No additional money-making opportunities.
Generation Goal: Haunted House - From the time the heir comes of age to the time the heir dies, three sims must die an unnatural death on your home lot. Unnatural death is defined as any death except by old age, and the sims may be members of your household(such as unneeded spouses, spares that are about to move out, or even the heir themselves) or guests. Furthermore, the graves must stay on your home lot, and the ghosts be allowed to roam the house freely. The graves may be removed after this generation's heir dies.
Misc. Fun: Runs in the Family - Pick a trait from your heir (not a bonus or reward trait). Every child born to your heir must take this trait at the earliest opportunity.

This family is already horrible!!!! I have to kill 6 Sims on my lot between Gen 1 and 2. This is crazy!
Page 21 of 26