Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Imperfection-Part One

by SleepyTabby Posted 19th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM - Updated 11th Jul 2016 at 11:23 PM by SleepyTabby : personal pick

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:34 PM
Nice mod
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 11:40 PM
Great to see them up Tabby.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:42 AM
I'm in shock how quickly these were approved. Whoa!

Thanks, TS2TS3. And thanks again for all your help, Jo.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 1:18 AM
WooHoo!!! They're up - and look really good! Thank you for offering default and non-default... I think 'lobster' (as I suspected) and maybe 'pinecone' are going to be way over-used in my game! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 1:36 AM
Thanks for the nice comment, Catherine! I came late to the Sims 2 party, so I thought non-defaults would be a better idea (there's only a million and a half gorgeous skintones out there already! :P).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:45 PM
These are so lovely!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:50 PM
Is there anyway you can make these layerable makeup too? I use A LOT of custom skins and I'd love to use these on them.

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:24 PM
I appreciate you leaving such a nice comment, InfinitesAreReal.

@Macey246, I doubt I'll be getting around to making these into masks, but you can feel free to download the textures you want from my Dropbox that I linked to and turn it into layerable makeup. If you need any help with it, let me know.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:54 PM
...pssst - Congrats on the "pick"!!!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:08 PM
@SleepyTabby, Thanks for your help.

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 8:53 PM
Oh! These are really nice. I love that they age! Time for some new defaults, methinks...
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:34 AM
Hope it works out for you, Macey246.

Glad so many people like the aging details. I wasn't sure if that would go over well, seeing as how most skins age more subtly (if at all). :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 3:03 AM
Whoa,one of the most awesome skiset,I've seen
A question - will the part 2 has skins with pinkish undertones too?
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 9:17 AM
The beautiful skintones! Do they work with SexyFeet replacement?
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepyTabby
Glad so many people like the aging details. I wasn't sure if that would go over well, seeing as how most skins age more subtly (if at all). :D

Absolutely not! You could go even bolder as far as I'm concerned. My sim world is centered around heavy industry and sims are working day in, day out in factories. These are the most appropriate skins for that setting I've seen so far. Loving the saggy elder skins and wrinkles around the eyes! Thank you very much!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 7:19 PM
Oo, such fun comments.

@Oesellslander, Part Two will have some more skins with pinkish undertones, but there will also be an assortment of other shades. I think the whole Imperfection series looks warmer in-game than it does in my screenshots, personally. But if you have any specific shades in mind, perhaps you could PM me a swatch or picture to show what you are looking for, and I'll consider it.

@Yana F, sorry, no. I don't use Sexy Feet, so I wasn't sure where to put the textures for it. Anyone is welcome to update these for them, though, so if someone ever does, I'll gladly link to it from the main text.

@Psychosim, it sounds like you have an awesome setting for your game! Many of my own Sims don't live cushy lives or aren't spring chickens anymore. And the elders were some of my favorite textures to do; originally, the adults were going to look older, but it looked very strange on young adults...so I figured I'd just use wrinkle makeup on my adults and keep their wrinkles subtle.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 8:52 PM
You know, I've been using the same default skins since I started playing The Sims 2, but I might just have found my new favorites! These are so lovely. I'm very curious about part two, too. When is it coming out?
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 6:52 PM
@TheSilverLining, I'm hoping to have the second part in the moderation queue within the next few days. I still need to take screenshots for it all, and trust me, those are always my bane!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SleepyTabby
@TheSilverLining, I'm hoping to have the second part in the moderation queue within the next few days. I still need to take screenshots for it all, and trust me, those are always my bane!

I really look forward to it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 10:39 PM
Congratulations on your feature Tabby!
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 12:50 AM
I am in shock this is featured. :O

Thank you, Jo! Not just for the congratulations, but for your help in CFF. I know, I keep saying that, but I would never have been so happy with my skin set without all the help and guidance I received. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 2:54 AM
I have more than enough skintones, and should not download these, but I'm downloading them. This is a *very* nice set, congrats about the Featured, well-deserved! :D
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#24 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:13 AM
Congrats for being featured,Tabby *thumbs up*
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:40 PM
Ignore this, this actually is for TS2 I was trying them in TS4 like a moron. Bleh.
Page 1 of 6