Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Angela Skirt

by Sadisticpyro Posted 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:44 AM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:47 PM
Wow, a new mesh. Thank you. I love variety and I love colors. This is a nice every occasion item.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:58 PM
What is that line at the side of the sims' legs in the in-game picture? Is this a result of them wearing this skirt (or any custom mesh) or do sims' legs always look like that under some circumstances? (I haven't paid too much attention to sim's legs in my game yet .. I am on mediocre settings and haven't seen this kind of seam yet.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 3:23 PM
Very beautiful.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:09 PM
@plasticbox
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I play on ultra settings and the line shows up when I have uncompressed textures checked. It seems to only affect this mesh, not the basegame skirts.

Right now I'm not sure how to get rid of it, it shows up whenever I clone the miniskirt mesh using TS4mesh tools and make changes to it in milkshape. I'll make a post about it in CmarNYC's thread and hopefully find a solution soon.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadisticpyro
I play on ultra settings and the line shows up when I have uncompressed textures checked.

Oh, but then that is good news =) because it means it won't show up for me (and my lame graphics card).

Hope you can figure out what causes it!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:16 AM
Awesome work.. I have a few sims that I can use this on. :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 6:55 AM
Does this need to be updated for the latest patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 6:44 PM
A huge thank you for this design, my daughter will love them :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 2:38 PM
Thank you :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:38 AM
ty!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 4:36 PM
!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:24 AM
This is a very lovely skirt with so many colors to use with any top.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 1:21 PM
Thank you :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd May 2015 at 10:01 PM
Thank you! Nice skirts, cannot wait to try them on my sims! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 3:56 PM
Awesome. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 2:20 AM Last edited by Ayradyss : 24th Jan 2016 at 4:31 AM.
So I guess it's been pretty long now -- don't know if anyone's still around to maintain this. I was just wondering if that line/seam down the leg was ever solved? I love the skirts, but I'm getting that odd seam on the leg and it really spoils it for me. Been trying to figure out how to fix it, to no avail, as yet. (Sounds like it probably has to do with the mesh, and I don't know meshing. Just messing with shadow maps, normal maps, speculars and such.)

Also, though there are, as noted on the main page, 20 swatches, one is a duplicate. There are only actually 19 different skirt textures, as far as I can tell. The pic which shows all of the skirts in one shot shows that clearly -- there are 19 unique skirts pictured. I believe it's the first skirt in that shot (upper left corner) which is duplicated. FWIW, and all -- they're still all quite nice, other than that nasty seam.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 4:12 PM
thanks