Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Carmen - modern roma flower

by Oloriell Posted 3rd Oct 2014 at 6:32 PM - Updated 4th Oct 2014 at 4:45 PM by Oloriell

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:11 PM
...we don't particularly like to be described and labeled as "gypsys".... It's a word that's been use to repress, terrorize and..well you know the rest. A lot of people don't know the weight of "gypsy" on our background so for it to be thrown around so carelessly is frightening....
Nonetheless I find your sim appealing, but using a term characterized by a community as a racial slur to make your sim more eccentric or appealing is just cliche and offensive...
And if someone tries to bite my neck off for sharing how I feel about the term, I don't care, because it still affects my community as a whole.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:15 PM
That's a lot of CC for one sim.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FakkRainbows
...we don't particularly like to be described and labeled as "gypsys".... It's a word that's been use to repress, terrorize and..well you know the rest. A lot of people don't know the weight of "gypsy" on our background so for it to be thrown around so carelessly is frightening....
Nonetheless I find your sim appealing, but using a term characterized by a community as a racial slur to make your sim more eccentric or appealing is just cliche and offensive...
And if someone tries to bite my neck off for sharing how I feel about the term, I don't care, because it still affects my community as a whole.

how about the term "travellers"? as for the rest... maybe biting their head off would have been nicer in a private msg. the sim was made with a romantic idea and not to offend. it's a real shame to see one of the first responses full of its own bigotry.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ceyllynn
how about the term "travellers"? as for the rest... maybe biting their head off would have been nicer in a private msg. the sim was made with a romantic idea and not to offend. it's a real shame to see one of the first responses full of its own bigotry.

While "gypsys" and "travellers" have nomadic lifestyles, they are not the same ethnic group. I'm in fact, Roma. I don't see how my response would be considered as biting of their heads? Although I do suppose that a PM could have sufficed, in no way was I ill-mannered or rude. I understand that the sim was made to appeal and that the creator probably has no idea of the weight of the word that she chose, which is why I commented, but you fail to understand that I have every right to be offended, by this term. I did not go off with rude or harsh words, I simply implied my feelings and concerns. For once I wish that someone would simply understand that our feelings are validated instead of getting hot-headed at us for actually being offended by something that...y'know..actually thoroughly offends us. That's all I have to say.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 12:45 PM Last edited by Oloriell : 4th Oct 2014 at 2:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FakkRainbows
While "gypsys" and "travellers" have nomadic lifestyles, they are not the same ethnic group. I'm in fact, Roma. I don't see how my response would be considered as biting of their heads? Although I do suppose that a PM could have sufficed, in no way was I ill-mannered or rude. I understand that the sim was made to appeal and that the creator probably has no idea of the weight of the word that she chose, which is why I commented, but you fail to understand that I have every right to be offended, by this term. I did not go off with rude or harsh words, I simply implied my feelings and concerns. For once I wish that someone would simply understand that our feelings are validated instead of getting hot-headed at us for actually being offended by something that...y'know..actually thoroughly offends us. That's all I have to say.

It's not a problem for me, actually. I've changed the word "gypsy" to "roma". If you''ve sent me PM at once, I'd do it earlier cause I have alerts of PMs coming to my phone, as against comments.
I live in Moscow and here the word "цыганский", which is translated as "gypsy" is (really!) not offensive. Anyway, my friend, who became a prototype for this sim, and other girls we are dancing Flamenko with (I mean, they are romani actually) do not mind against (but be sure, they would tell me if they did).
So, if this word was offensive for you, then sorry, of course. It's your native group, and you know better, how to name it in English.
Regards.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 6:33 PM
As a gypsy, I do not find this term offensive. My family and I openly identify ourselves as gypsies. Of course using slander such as "dirty gypsy" is very offensive, in the way you use it, it's fine. Some believe otherwise but I think for the most part, you shouldn't worry.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:19 AM
She's beautiful, I downloaded all the CC. Is anyone else's game crashing from trying to put this sim in the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diablura28
She's beautiful, I downloaded all the CC. Is anyone else's game crashing from trying to put this sim in the game?

She is my playable sim now, and my game didn't crashed any time I have a licensed game and all the updates.
#10 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oloriell
She is my playable sim now, and my game didn't crashed any time I have a licensed game and all the updates.

Okay, I'll try to download her again
Yes I have licensed product and all updates also
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oloriell

I figured it out through process of elimination, the nails: "Dark Shines" Long Nails by Notegain: http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/1256780, is crashing my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diablura28
I figured it out through process of elimination, the nails: "Dark Shines" Long Nails by Notegain: http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/1256780, is crashing my game.

It's a strange point.. After reading your comment deleted these nails from game, then installed again - and.. all is ok ;( I thought, TS4 would be more stable, than TS3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 6:32 PM
Beautiful and emotional work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 6:47 PM
She is so pretty! I look forward to using her