Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Japanese Culture Trait

by Arsil Posted 24th Dec 2014 at 12:05 AM - Updated 22nd Apr 2017 at 2:01 PM by Arsil : Minor BugFix

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 8:59 AM
Hello!Thank you for creating a Japanese style MOD.
Both, it is slightly different from the true Japanese style, but it is satisfactory.
(place hands on top of the thigh in the Japanese style)
Strange English sorry. This English sentence translated on Google.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 11:13 AM
<3 love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 11:46 AM
"Jap" is not a really good choice for an abbreviation, I cringed upon reading.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 3:56 PM
Thanks! I'll try this out, as I have an asian house with low tables for sittiing at.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 4:04 PM
I thought the exact same thing talatzu. I'm sure the poster didn't mean anything by it, but that term is very derogatory in the U.S.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 12:33 AM
I was very interested in this mod and (although noted to have bugs) I gave it a try. It works pretty well i'd say! Please do add more features!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 5:44 PM
Damn i only just made the butler i have in my current house into CAS to make her japanese .. Ill have to try this out (already using the hidden chinese trait.
Alchemist
#9 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 3:10 AM
Isn't this a good potential to make any more custom traits? It's great!

Just call me Nikel
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 9:01 AM Last edited by Arsil : 27th Dec 2014 at 6:47 AM.
Thanks for trusting in my good faith. I used "Jap" as a simple abbreviation, I didn't know it had a negative connotation
(anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUvdXxhLPa8). I was also convinced that was the ISO three letters "code"
of the country, used in Olympics for example, but I checked and that is "JPN". Whooops! I'll change it at the first chance.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 8:29 PM
Really cool mod. Could you make it so that the introduction is part of friendly so that they can do it to members of their own households as well? Thanks in advance
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 9:21 PM
OH MY HOLY SAKURA BLOSSOMS - why are you amaaaaaazing~~~!? :lovestruc I am trying this right away. No. You don't understand -- RIGHT AWAY! Thank you! :anime:
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 7:00 AM
I'm a bit discouraged because I can't make it work how I want. And apparently there's no way to make the animation/pose
looks good if sims are bare legged (the shadow of the calf overlaps with the knee or something like that) and if I increase
too much the angle between calf and thigh then it wont resemble the seiza position anymore.

Quote: Originally posted by qouy
Could you make it so that [CUT] they can do it [bowing] to members of their own households as well?

I can do that, I'll have to think about it but seems a nice idea, also to differentiate it from normal greetings.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 5:28 AM
Honestly you have the best modding ideas. Can't wait to try this out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 6:48 AM
Awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 2:45 AM Last edited by Tj321998 : 31st Dec 2014 at 2:58 AM.
Uh guys how do I put it for a sim? I don't see it in my trait menu.
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 10:19 AM
If you have NRaas Master Controller + Cheats:
click on a sim, select NRaas, select Master Controller, select Advanced Interaction (or something like that),
select Traits, select Change, scroll down until you see "Japanese Culture", select it, click on
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 2:27 AM
Thank you so much now haru can sit correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 5:32 PM
Oh my, that is sweet. Your work is wonderful, thank you for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 4:14 AM
cool, I'll have to (try) to keep on eye on this
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 8:01 PM
I couldn't get past the disclaimer to read what this mod actually was

What does it do?
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 8:51 PM
I can't find it in Nraas. What's wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 5:08 AM
This is a lovely idea, I adore mods that add realism. can the sims eat in the kneeling pose?
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 11:07 AM
Eating? I wish! To be able to eat real food (I mean, recipes) would be a huge work. One day maybe
I'll try to merge this mod with an old one I was working on (a low dinner table) to at least be able to
eat dried food (on which most custom foods are based) and also serving/having tea with an animation
where sims drink holding the cup with two hands. A guy can dream, can't he? But don't hold your
breath while you wait for that, I'm not sure I'm able to do it and I'm not reliable anyway. Besides, I'd
rather fix the mod before adding new features.

For those who are having trouble, a better description of your problem would be helpful, I can't give
any support but a generic one otherwise (check game version compatibility, install NRaas MC PLUS
the Cheats module, etc).
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 7:22 AM
please help, I can't seem to get this working for me, and very interested in having this in my game!!! Please help!!
Page 1 of 2