Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Generic Role

by Arsil Posted 7th Jul 2015 at 11:24 AM - Updated 28th Jul 2015 at 12:52 PM by Arsil : Added a Floor Mark

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 12:23 PM
you always come up with the best ideas :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 12:26 PM
Good idea, thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 12:41 PM
I'm so glad to see you back! I'm actually going to try this for the library. Sounds awesome. I haven't gotten a chance to try out the other newer things you've made yet, so I'm gonna do that too
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 1:08 PM
This is such a good idea! I'm sure I'll find lots of uses for it, thank you!
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 1:37 PM
I love this idea!

I used the consignment cash register in my uploaded art museum. (It was 'art.') It generated a person, and I put him in a cop uniform. If I remember correctly, he wandered the building (which was perfect). So I put in another one, and that guy stayed on the first floor, and spent a lot of time around the cash register. A desk would have looked so much better for him.

Do your NPCs venture away from the desk? i.e. does the desk hold them to the lot, to the room the desk is in, or in proximity to the desk? Will they wander and interact autonomously? If so, I think I should make a second version of the museum, and add it to the files of that thread.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 2:16 PM
Love this mod. Thats make the sims 3 look real
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 2:21 PM
There´s nothing to say against people who leaves and then comes back as long as it is worthy like you are, so wellcome back and please stay...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 4:01 PM
Questa mod è fantastica.
Punto.
Mi dispiace che tu te ne vada.
tanto.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 4:44 PM
Brilliant!!! Thank you for yet another reason to keep playing TS3!
Icy Spicy
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 5:51 PM
I have been wanting this functionality for a very long time.I am totally going to take your idea and make Eric Northam for Fangtasia.And I am going to throw in a Pam too :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 6:11 PM
Ooooh! This is so freakin' cool! I must have this! Thank you so very much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 10:56 PM
Ooh, this is like the old AnyRole Ivy mod but better and more versatile! I love this, so glad you made it, Thank you
And I don't care why you came back, just glad you did so you could make this. Great idea
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 11:13 PM
Good to see you're still creating, your stuff is off the hook mate!
Scholar
#15 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:49 AM
I couldn't find the desk as I was looking for it at the price of $0. Its actually $915 in game, if that means anything
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:36 AM
Thanks this will fit perfectly with what I'm doing (in-game mall like thing)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 7:59 AM
man you really "awesome", about the break roles, take a look at ani_ retail mods, her mods have the proper settings to call sims to work again when they break the work cicle, you can use her also to improve your work.

i can really see this to be a way to make new "active careers", you really a genius and don't vanish please we need awesome worker as you, really thanks
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 8:19 AM Last edited by Arsil : 8th Jul 2015 at 9:31 AM.
(tsyokawe) # Do your NPCs venture away from the desk? i.e. does the desk hold them to the lot, to the room the desk is in, or in proximity to the desk? Will they wander and interact autonomously?

Sims covering the role can't leave the lot, periodically they go near the desk,
but they can roam freely inside the lot and interact (since motives aren't frozen,
they will also have to fulfil them: go to the bathroom, etc, but I'm working on this
to make it more flexible).

(Desiree101) # I couldn't find the desk as I was looking for it at the price of $0. Its actually $915 in game, if that means anything

Whoops. I'll upload the fixed version when I'm done with some more tweaking.
I found out that part of my code is not being used (StartRole, EndRole, SimulateRole).

(ellessarr) # [CUT]

I appreciate your input, but don't ask me anything more than what I'm doing.
I agree that ani_ is a terrific modder but IIRC her mod uses a completely different approach, not compatible with the one used here.

By the way, custom active careers can be done without tricks or workarounds, I posted an unfinished and bugged
one in Modding Discussions some time ago (I gave up because I got bored and wasn't enjoying developing it).
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
(Desiree101) # I couldn't find the desk as I was looking for it at the price of $0. Its actually $915 in game, if that means anything

Whoops. I'll upload the fixed version when I'm done with some more tweaking.
I found out that part of my code is not being used (StartRole, EndRole, SimulateRole).

(ellessarr) # [CUT]

I appreciate your input, but don't ask me anything more than what I'm doing.
I agree that ani_ is a terrific modder but IIRC her mod uses a completely different approach, not compatible with the one used here.

By the way, custom active careers can be done without tricks or workarounds, I posted an unfinished and bugged
one in Modding Discussions some time ago (I gave up because I got bored and wasn't enjoying developing it).

hmm ok, so bad , but still thanks anyway really cool ideas, we really need more improviments
Scholar
#20 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil

Sims covering the role can't leave the lot, periodically they go near the desk,
but they can roam freely inside the lot and interact (since motives aren't frozen,
they will also have to fulfil them: go to the bathroom, etc, but I'm working on this
to make it more flexible).

That's wonderful news, Arsil - perfect, in fact. I'm going to make a version substituting the desk.
I'll upload it, and update my Landgraab National Museum download sometime this week. Thank you!

(p.s. Needs won't be a problem for my NPC at this museum; it has bathrooms on every floor,
a small café; and benches on the grounds...)
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:01 PM Last edited by Arsil : 8th Jul 2015 at 8:55 PM.
Wait a bit, it still needs some testing and I'll soon release a new version (EDIT: uploaded).

In the meantime, I got the situation under control:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 2:10 AM
one question this mod and also the massage one, also have option for "payment"??, like i can set how much each sim can gain for each hour of work in the shift?

and npcs sims are automatically pulled to the desk when the shift time come?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 5:05 AM
This is fantastic, yet again. Sad to see you go, but thank you for all the mods you made <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 6:12 AM
This is a PHENOMENAL idea! I always create these venues that no one works at, and it bugs me. And now sims can work there! So excited! Thank you so much for creating this mod!
Inventor
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellessarr
one question this mod and also the massage one, also have option for "payment"??, like i can set how much each sim can gain for each hour of work in the shift?

No. They use the generic hourly pay of 100 (you can change that with NRaas Register) and
Sims get paid 50 simoleons every 30 sim-minutes. I'm not sure if the payment can be made
customizable, not that I specifically looked for that but so far I haven't seen anything about it.

Quote:
and npcs sims are automatically pulled to the desk when the shift time come?

They are automatically sent home when the shift is done.
Page 1 of 4