Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 4:17 PM Last edited by SempaiSimmer : 26th Jul 2015 at 4:23 PM.
Nuclear War - Apocalyptic Challenge
After watching this room build by James (The Sim Supply) I thought it'd be a cool challenge idea. I've seen an Apocalypse challenge for The Sims 4 already and I am in no way trying to take credit for the apocalypse idea! I got a lot of my inspiration from this thread!

Story:

The year is 2015 and all of Simtopia has been wiped out by a Nuclear attack. All hospitals/shops/fire departments/etc have been wiped out. Your sim(s) luckily had a bomb shelter built under their house! Sadly the house was destroyed but the shelter remains. Now your sim(s) must survive in their bomb shelter until they die of natural causes (old age).

Goal:
Survive in the bomb shelter until your sim(s) dies of old age.

Rules:
  • I strongly recommend you use the room build I linked above for this challenge. However, if you want to build your own that is perfectly fine. All electricity for the shelter is run on a generator of sorts. Your sims thought this stuff out! The shelter must have the basic necessities: cheap bed,toilet, and kitchen stuff. The only "luxury" item that you can have is a woodworking table (An easel makes no sense mainly because there aren't collectors or art gallery's to sell the paintings to. Any other luxury item must be bought with money you earn yourself (tv,computer,etc.)
  • If one of your sims die of anything besides old age, you lose. But feel free to try again!
  • YOUR SIM(S) CAN NOT LEAVE THE LOT. (In this challenge scenario there is no more work/the parks are destroyed/etc. This does not apply for the legacy challenge!)
  • You can cheat to get the room that I linked above if needed. HOWEVER, your sim(s) must start off with $50.
  • If you decide to have kids they can not go to school or work. All babies must be delivered at home as well.

If you want to do this as a legacy challenge read below!

First Generation(the sims you start out with):

Bills don't have to be paid if you don't want to. I mean who are you paying anyways? The world is ending! However, you do have to eat. The goal of this generation is to have one child at least. That child will become the start of the second generation once they are born.

Second Generation:

At this point the government of Simtopia has stepped up and is defending the city somewhat — but has a strict schedule of when your sims can leave their lot (YOU CAN NOT LEAVE THE WORLD YOU LIVE IN! AKA WILLOW CREEK RESIDENTS CAN NOT GO TO OASIS SPRINGS, VICE VERSA). Only from 12-3 pm may sims leave their lot. They must be back by 3:30pm AT MOST! If not, it's assumed that they have been trapped and killed by a nuclear bomb. The goal of this generation is to meet another sim,marry them (no weddings), and have at least one child. Their child is the start of the third generation once he/she is born.

Third Generation:

The Nuclear war is reaching an end and the strict schedule has lightened up a bit and your sim may now leave their lot between the hours of 12-5pm! Your sim must be home by 5:30pm AT MOST! The goal of this generation is to once again marry a sim and have at least one child. After the child has been born Simtopia has successfully won the Nuclear war and you have won the challenge!

Still testing out this stuff so I may update this if I find any problems with it!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 6:01 AM
So I started this, made two sims, JoJo and Silas. Made the bomb shelter. Put the sims in the shelter. Locked the door. The wife started crafting things and the husband tried to make eggs. The very first thing he does and ..... you guessed it.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
So I started this, made two sims, JoJo and Silas. Made the bomb shelter. Put the sims in the shelter. Locked the door. The wife started crafting things and the husband tried to make eggs. The very first thing he does and ..... you guessed it.

Oh no! I hope they're okay! Try garden salad for a while maybe. :p
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SempaiSimmer
Oh no! I hope they're okay! Try garden salad for a while maybe. :p

they are both fine-but the stove is ruined and they have no money for a new one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 1:20 PM
they are both fine-but the stove is ruined and they have no money for a new one.

Aww Maybe get the guy to start some woodworking? It takes a while to get them worth a lot but it builds handiness skill as well. It's so useful.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 1:51 PM

Wow, that sucks. I always make them do garden salad to get to at least level 2 cooking before I attempt the oven, lol!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amberthezombie
Wow, that sucks. I always make them do garden salad to get to at least level 2 cooking before I attempt the oven, lol!

me to0, but he did it on his own while I was focused on the wife. course now with no stove that's not a problem. :-)
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 12:29 AM
Oh my goodness! I HAVE to try this challenge! :D

I'll slot it after I complete my 100 Baby, Legacy, and Runaway Teen challenges I'm working on simultaneously.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 8:05 AM
Made my own little bunker. Here is my family living in it. Ashlyn and Arian Shilling! And they are already expecting their first baby! <3 seen in the third image! <3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sarwddvd...2%A0AM.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/in4dajrww...2%A0AM.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1fzvajmr...2%A0AM.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zh5pqh82...2%A0AM.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7s7r8mcy...2%A0AM.png?dl=0

Will update as things go further <3
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 2:00 AM
Default This is a fun idea but needs more fleshing out.
Quote:
(An easel makes no sense mainly because there aren't collectors or art gallery's to sell the paintings to. Any other luxury item must be bought with money you earn yourself (tv,computer,etc.)

nothing you can do for money makes sense in this scenario because you are essentially locked in a vault. Who are you crafting things for with the crafting table? If you manage to make enough money to buy a computer, what are you doing with it? Writing for all the other people in their own locked vaults? If I'm missing something here, please explain how crafting or writing is any different from painting? I'm new to the game and maybe don't see anything obvious. Anyway, I'm playing my own version right now, and considering all these things.

I guess you just have to look at this as the sims, and this is what you have to work with and have fun playing scenarios.