Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lockable Treasure Chest (Updated 24-Sep-2016)

by douglasveiga Posted 30th Oct 2015 at 7:47 PM - Updated 25th Sep 2016 at 12:33 AM by douglasveiga

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Icy Spicy
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 8:40 PM
Thank you so much! My medieval sims can have personalized chests now!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 10:28 PM
this is great! thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 3:10 AM
The reason I downloaded it? The key. xD I'm still gonna use the chest but the key drew it to me to be honest...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 11:54 AM
Very creative, thanks for sharing
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 1:50 PM
A box with functionable key! This is brilliant. Thanks so much for this
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 7:57 PM
Excellent idea! Thanks!!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 9:01 PM
Neat idea. I may have a use for it later in my story. Are there any special animations with it? E.g. do the Sims actually use the key when they open the chest? Or does it just use the default EA animations for giving gifts and opening chests?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 11:21 PM Last edited by CerezaDeliciosa : 27th Nov 2016 at 9:53 PM.
Thank you! Act. 27-Nov-2016
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 8:57 PM
This is absolutely brilliant, like everything else that you create. I am definitely going to use this!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 9:35 PM
WOAH
This is freaking sweet. I am going to lock the genie lamps in these.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 9:52 AM
Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:48 PM
I love your lockable chest. Any chance of a lockable gate with it's own key?
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 3:38 PM
Thank you everybody!

Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Neat idea. I may have a use for it later in my story. Are there any special animations with it? E.g. do the Sims actually use the key when they open the chest? Or does it just use the default EA animations for giving gifts and opening chests?

No animations available for open the chest. BTW, The GiftGive Interaction (from Generations EP) have some animations.

Quote: Originally posted by Snowhaze
I love your lockable chest. Any chance of a lockable gate with it's own key?

Maybe
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 5:46 PM Last edited by Spamaccount : 4th Dec 2015 at 1:18 AM. Reason: Known Issues
This sounds intriguing. Would it be possible to use this to load a chest with an object while placing the key somewhere in a tomb? Would they still work together after exporting or replacing the lot in another game?
edit: Ah, guess not. Still sounds like a need feature, though
Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Feb 2016 at 3:14 AM
problem is... you I don't know the recovery code, where do I find it?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:48 AM
Cool! What a great idea? I'm building a Sim Castle as we speak, this is definitely going to be included!
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 10:36 PM
So I installed the chest, bought 3 of them cuz of the limited spaces and stocked a bunch of stuff in it. Then I installed more expansion packs and now the keys no longer work and I cant get the boxes open. Any ideas?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 7:17 AM
I like your work, thanks for thinking of this. This is needed!
Inventor
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
problem is... you I don't know the recovery code, where do I find it?

Quote: Originally posted by dhaelyn
So I installed the chest, bought 3 of them cuz of the limited spaces and stocked a bunch of stuff in it. Then I installed more expansion packs and now the keys no longer work and I cant get the boxes open. Any ideas?

@IceSilverCrystal
@dhaelyn

Sorry about the delay. When such issue happens send me the recovery code. You will find a sequence of symbols in the "About" interaction.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 1:18 PM
Thanks for updating this mod, DV!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 1:18 AM
Thank you so much for this update. Absolutely love your mods and am happy to see you still active here.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 5:44 AM
This is so awesome and perfect for the story I want to tell about sims whose grandparents die and leave them a beautiful old house with an attic with just a rocking chair and an old treasure box in it :) You are the best!
Scholar
#24 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 8:20 PM
Hi DV
Re Recovery Code, I know someone asked about this already, but I'd also like to know what the recovery code is, something seems to have gone wrong with one of my treasure boxes. You said '... When such issue happens send me the recovery code. You will find a sequence of symbols in the "About" interaction'.
Well this is what I see when I click on 'About'

(attached screenshot)
Is this what you mean?
Thanks
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Hi DV
Re Recovery Code, I know someone asked about this already, but I'd also like to know what the recovery code is, something seems to have gone wrong with one of my treasure boxes. You said '... When such issue happens send me the recovery code. You will find a sequence of symbols in the "About" interaction'.
Well this is what I see when I click on 'About'

(attached screenshot)
Is this what you mean?
Thanks

type: BF562081 in the RecoverKey interaction. You will be able to access this interaction in the buy mode by ctrl + Shift + click on the chest.
Page 1 of 2