Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Haunting in Mid-Coastal Maine

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 1st Nov 2015 at 11:33 PM - Updated 24th Nov 2017 at 8:17 PM by Fergus' Mind

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:06 AM
Even the entry way is spooky. But were I to actually venture in, one look at the pentagram of lanterns arranged around the rug would be enough to send me running.

I'm scared to look into a mirror in a darkened room, so I'm not gonna talk about the mirrors.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 7:50 AM
Such a piece of art, a gem of creating atmosphere. Beautiful.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 4:46 PM
Love this, Fergus - thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 12:05 AM
Goosebumps! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 1:34 AM
I love the way you've placed the furniture at uncomfortable angles to rack up the feeling of 'wrongness' of the place. I want to know who put them like that. A former resident? A restless spirit? It's deeply unsettling and I love it.

The atmosphere of the house is nightmarish without being a cliché haunted house. Amazing work, as always, Fergus.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 11:18 AM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 30th Sep 2016 at 7:30 PM.
I'm glad the lot is being appreciated, I haven't play-tested the lot at full capacity like I have my previous upload, so if you find any issues, do let me know.
P.S. I can confirm that a pre-apocalypse version is currently under construction has been finished :

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 6:01 PM
Damn, now thats something that makes me to play in Moonlight Falls again.....even thought of creating werewolf(strange new neighbours buying that creepy house) makes a great story, thanks for the mod!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 11:18 PM
Glad to see you have finished and uploaded this house! Its very spooky and well detailed! Nice!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 12:20 AM
Oh wow I love this so much! It's so beautiful and spooky. Excellent!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 12:49 AM
It's so hard to make a creepy house! Love the fog-shrouded, dimly lit, sparsely furnished atmosphere.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 9:32 PM
Great House! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 7:49 PM
Hi Fergus, I'm a Mod virgin and still afraid of the specifics; that I'll break my game or there will be some kind of game play or data conflict, can you give me a little advice or some programming info the CC Basics Guide says I should ask you for? (Thanks) SandpiperGamer; Sandy.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SandpiperGamer
Hi Fergus, I'm a Mod virgin and still afraid of the specifics; that I'll break my game or there will be some kind of game play or data conflict, can you give me a little advice or some programming info the CC Basics Guide says I should ask you for? (Thanks) SandpiperGamer; Sandy.

I can't say I venture that much into the world of CC. I have a few bits and pieces, which I installed using the recommended methods in the MTS guides, but other than that I'm probably not the best person to ask. The only advice I can think to offer is that you shouldn't install a piece of cc unless it's patched to the level of your game to avoid any crashes, although I'm sure that piece of advice is already in the MTS guide.
Other than that, I don't really know what to tell you. I know that certain game mods can cause conflicts with other game mods due to the program files that they alter. I'm sure the MTS Guides are far more helpful and knowledgeable on the subject than I am on the subject, unless you had any queries about any of my uploads?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:54 PM
Beautiful, mysterious atmospheric. Gem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 9:50 PM
Absolutely love this! I'd totally live there! And the ambiance shot of the house in the fall time with the fog, amazing.
Inventor
#17 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 2:01 AM
Nice house. Just an advice: Placing too much mirrors in the same scene might reduce the rendering performance. In one of the the rooms, there are 7 visible mirrors, this means the same scene must be rendered from 7 different point of view to create the reflection effect on the final scene. It's a very expensive rendering for most of the graphic cards. have a nice day.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
Just an advice: Placing too much mirrors in the same scene might reduce the rendering performance. In one of the the rooms, there are 7 visible mirrors, this means the same scene must be rendered from 7 different point of view to create the reflection effect on the final scene. It's a very expensive rendering for most of the graphic cards.

Thanks for the advice. If that does become an issue for some players, you can either turn the reflection settings for mirrors (and water) down/off or you can just delete the mirrors if it's too taxing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 4:19 PM
Thank you! Have once again gone into Moonlight Falls - the Dutchysims version - and was looking for a house to move that Ivy family into. After all, they might have inherited a butt-load of simoleons from that old aunt, but she was OLD! (And in my universe, miserly. And senile) So, you wouldn't expect her house to be so EA-over-the-top. This will be perfect for them. Thank you!
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 3:32 PM
Default My favourite house
I have loved this house since 2015, I honestly did not ever use the "pretty" version, I love the spooky atmospehere so much! I have played here with werewolf who had the best garden and was great alchemist. The uppermost bedroom is the alchemy room in my current save too, this time a witch who travels to future from time to time I started remodeling the home when she won the lottery and for now, the kitchen and dining room are finished, freshly painted outside and repaired windows and outside doors are done too.
Thank you so much for this build, you may not be online anymore, but if you do - THANK YOU!!!
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Feb 2024 at 1:31 PM
this is incredible!!!!!