Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 6:47 AM Last edited by graycurse : 4th Nov 2016 at 1:26 AM.
Default Shop from fridge and recipe overhaul
Hello!

You might remember my attempt to overhaul Sims 4's cooking system from here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=547049 .

This mod has officially been released! Please see the following link for further details and updates: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=584503
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 7:02 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Jan 2016 at 9:13 AM.
Cool, going to check it out =).

Maybe post your list of ToDos here as well, so that people are aware which possible issues you already know about?

And can this be used alongside your existing "Ingredients from Fridge" -- I mean, does this contain only the additional ingredients, or is it a new version of the regular ingredients-from-fridge at the same time?

E: also, I see you are overriding the tags -- <T ev="16161">Func_Ingredient_DairyMeat</T> is perhaps not a good idea, since this is within the range that Maxis are using (if you have bad luck they're going to introduce <T ev="16161">Uniform_Costume_EasterBunny</T> or something like that =P ) .. is there a problem with using larger IDs?

Were you the person asking about how to add custom tags in s4pe? If not -- have you ever tried if it's possible to add on to that list with a script? (Because when more people want to add custom tags, and they all override that file, I see collisions coming .. )

Actually, do you even need this tag? You seem to be referencing the ingredients by ID in the recipes anyway? I haven't read every single one of them, of course -- but I believe there is a "contains_any_tag_in_set" kind of test, that you could use when you want to test for say, chicken meat OR beef OR pork, so you could get around having to use a tag for it. Of course that would mean if you add more kinds of meat later on, you'll need to revisit the recipes to add them .. still, it might be preferrable over having to override the entire tag list (which also means you're going to have to update, or at least check if you have to update, with every single patch in the future).

If you're going to publish the ingredients as one large package, you should probably think about putting all of the strings in one STBL =) -- people have already posted a bunch of translations for my foods (I didn't even ask for translations, they did it on their own accord =D) , and it's just simpler to update them when you don't have 17 different files. (That said, I'm replacing them manually -- it may not be a big deal anyway when you use something like Deaderpool's STBL Editor; I've never used that so I don't know what difference it makes)

buy_ingredients_fridge is missing the non-English strings!

And it would be great if you'd put the recipes into separate packages when you're done -- did you just not do that now because you're still working on it, or is there some other reason, like unexpected issues with that approach?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 11:00 PM
@plasticbox You read my mind! Thanks for the feedback!

The todo-list is incoming. Was in a hurry to get to bed, so was being lazy with the initial post .

The recipes are broken up into separate packages on my machine, but for ease of upload last night, I joined them. The final build will have the broken-out recipes available.

The package actually includes the "buy ingredients" mod as well! That's actually the main reason for the Func_DairyMeat tag - so I could easily populate the purchase picker dialog. I did initially have a longer tag ID, but the original release for that feature in Sims 4 Studio (yes, that was me that requested it) only allowed for 5 characters in that field. I believe that was increased in the latest change, so I'll check that out again.

As far as overriding the tags set, you're right, that's very risky. I'd like to look into a way to load the tag dynamically at run-time, but that may take some time to sort out.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 11:26 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Jan 2016 at 11:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by graycurse
As far as overriding the tags set, you're right, that's very risky. I'd like to look into a way to load the tag dynamically at run-time, but that may take some time to sort out.

Well someone was asking about custom tags in s4pe (not s4s) as well, so that makes at least two of you =P .. I'd be very wary about overriding the tags then. Unfortunately I don't remember who or where that was, but if I manage to remember or see them again I'll point them at this thread.

You can add custom tags to the tag tuning XML that comes with s4pe (this is simply a copy of the tuning exported from the current game), then they will be available in Grid View. Tags are 32bit as of 1.13 so you can use anything up to 0xFFFFFFFF = 4294967295 that way.

You need the current version for this (I updated it today with the 1.14 tags as well).
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 6:35 PM
Ingredients:

* I still see some stuff in the ingredients that probably shouldn't be there, like a bright yellow/green blob named "***DEBUG***"
* The separate cooking ingredients department is called "Veggies" (and has a veggie icon too)
* Meat costs 0§ and has a description "Food" (everything else is called "Suchandsuch for Cooking")
* I believe the chicken mesh has an issue -- to me it looks like it's two geometry states overlaying one another, can that be? I haven't checked how it looks on the cutting board though (maybe you simply inherited the issue)
* The sugar and egg cannot be placed in world -- are those EP items maybe? I don't remember seeing the sugar in my game before; the egg I can't identify. If that's what the problem is, maybe use the flour from the base game baking tray for the sugar? That tray also has an egg on it, I think.
* Flour has that very obvious coffee icon still on it -- since coffee might also be a nice ingredient sometime later on, maybe make a quick texture edit for that? The same bag in white with just a blue rectangle as label would fit the purpose nicely, I think, and avoid mixups
* You should probably give the player some indication that the bought items will end up in the fridge inventory, not in the sim inventory (like a "Thanks! Jane Sim has bought { amount } stuff" / "The items you bought are now in your fridge" notification) .. other buy interactions, like seeds, stick the stuff in the sim inventory, so that may lead to confusion when there is no feedback in game

Cooking:

* There is something (I belive that must be an EP recipe, as it has no icon for me -- requires 1 gourmet cooking skill) that requires "The Serendipity" to be prepared. Is that a thing? (Wasn't "Serendipity" a sculpture or something?)
* The cake recipes are using too much milk IMO (this might be personal taste or a cultural thing, but the real baking recipes I know hardly ever need milk at all .. flour, sugar, fat, eggs, that's usually the basis. I wouldn't think of having sims buy milk when I want them to bake a cake).
* YOUR STRAWBERRY CAKE DOSENT HAVE STRAWBERRIES IN IT WAAAAAAAAAAAAH (seriously, i think that would be a much better ingredient than milk)
* SimCity Cheesecake requiring only 1 fruit doesn't seem to make sense to me .. that is not a fruit-y recipe at all, plus it would be the one cake in game where milk actually makes sense. 1 flour / 1 egg / 1 sugar / 2 milk, maybe? (That said, I should doublecheck whether I still have some cruft from my own recipe edits lingering somehwere .. maybe this is the Maxis default overriding your recipe that I see there)
* Apple Pie is also a little under-ingrediented IMO (1 flour / 1 egg / 1 sugar / 1 apple would be my suggestion) -- it's odd that it's so different from the other cakes
* I'd suggest fish as an ingredient for the tuna casserole =)
* Are you doing anything with the flat fees at the moment, or are they all Maxis default? (They are rather weird sometimes, I'd recommend to go through them if you haven't done so already)

Interaction script:

Do you have all the EP/SP fridges in there? I'd add them right away if you haven't done so already

Other than that, everything worked fine for me =) -- I just quckly tested buying some stuff and making one group meal, but since you're just overriding the existing recipes I wouldn't expect any issues.

I'm on 1.14, and I used all of my own custom food stuff along with this, except for the recipe overrides.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 5:57 PM
Just a quick question, is there a specific reason why you're naming them "Cooking" Sugar/Milk/Pasta? I think just Sugar/Milk/Pasta is enough. Otherwise things are fine. A few funny looking items in the list but I know better to touch them.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 6:13 PM
I like that they are named that way -- it makes them much easier to find in the list when purchasing ingredients from the fridge. Of course I don't know whether that was the idea, or just a side effect ..

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 10:01 PM
I noticed that children cannot buy ingredients on the fridge -- since they *can* hire people apparently, don't you want to let them spend the family fortune on more mundane things too?
Screenshots

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 11:51 AM
I also made a custom ingredient now (Fruit -- Orange, see here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571128 ) -- works perfectly fine with your fridge-buyabilityness =).

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 12:51 PM
Also, you might want to tune your fridge interaction so that it shows on the front page =)

I might have been guilty of making the priority of the Dessert stuff higher than necessary as well, I'll check. I think it would be good if the non-food options (Open, Buy, Hire) would be available without clicking "More Options" first.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:03 PM
This is a double post as the other thread might be outdated:

This sounds amazing! Just wondering if it's possible to clone a solitary fridge mesh and only have these interactions on this new specialty fridge? That way we can actually create Supermarkets and Convenience Stores on community lots?! I know with Get Together there is an added function to buy something with the Take Home interaction for food purchased at Cafe's. Maybe this can work off of the same framework.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 2:14 AM
Default Can't get right ....
Everything seems to work except being able to shop from the fridge.....
Quote: Originally posted by graycurse
Hello!

You might remember my attempt to overhaul Sims 4's cooking system from here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=547049 .

I've finished my overhaul of the base game recipes, which includes a number of new ingredients. Ingredients may be purchased from the fridge as well. I would love some feedback! Please note that this is still a work in progress, with a list of ToDos:
  • Replace Buy Ingredients picker filter icons with more appropriate images
  • Evaluate recipe ingredients - some may be added or removed as necessary
  • Tweak new ingredient prices - currently all are $10
  • Add ingredients for GP/SP/EPs

To install, unzip the archive as-is to your Sims 4/Mods folder.

I will update this thread with a complete list of recipe ingredients by tomorrow.

They mostly come at night, mostly.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 2:59 AM
Do you have script mods enabled?

SHOWER_SCREAM for that you would just need to ditch the script, and add the interaction to your fridge manually.

Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 3:34 AM
im the same as alicia7tommy everythink work except being able to shop from the fridge ive got script mods enabled
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 4:27 AM
Did you do what it says in the first post?

"To install, unzip the archive as-is to your Sims 4/Mods folder."

Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 8:56 AM
I had this issue before, something to do with the level of subfolders. I grabbed everything and put them back in the in the main Mods folder and it worked.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
I had this issue before, something to do with the level of subfolders. I grabbed everything and put them back in the in the main Mods folder and it worked.

Oh yeah, I put all my mods under Hacks, and when I do that this mod doesn't load. I thought it had to be zipped up or something. Then I reread the instructions and did exactly what it says and it works!

Though, I find it annoying if they don't have the ingredients for a meal they do not get the option that says what you're missing. That would be a nice feature. Instead it just doesn't show the meal option to cook it. Like when you do herbal remedies, it will tell you what you're missing from the ingredients. This happens when I go to serve a meal though, it might be different if I just go to cook.

Also, I can't seem to find grilled cheese anymore, where did that go?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Though, I find it annoying if they don't have the ingredients for a meal they do not get the option that says what you're missing. That would be a nice feature. Instead it just doesn't show the meal option to cook it.

That's got nothing to do with this mod though -- the Serve Lunch/Dinner/Etc pie menus (if that's what you mean) aren't set up to show unavailable options. I assume that's because they would become very unwieldy if they did. If you want to see what's required, you can use the "Cook" picker menus.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox

SHOWER_SCREAM for that you would just need to ditch the script, and add the interaction to your fridge manually.

I don't understand; what fridge are you talking about? I don't have any mods...
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
That's got nothing to do with this mod though -- the Serve Lunch/Dinner/Etc pie menus (if that's what you mean) aren't set up to show unavailable options. I assume that's because they would become very unwieldy if they did. If you want to see what's required, you can use the "Cook" picker menus.

So why is Grilled Cheese completely gone from my game? What's needed for it, cheese and bread? Because I have all the ingredients that are available in my fridge and I don't see an option to buy it to cook. I only have the food mods you made for custom foods, I removed all the mods related to cooking and food prior to installing this mod. I'm not quite sure why I can no longer find grilled cheese, even under the Cook... option it isn't there.

Also when I don't have the ingredients for breakfast scramble, it does not show up at all under serve...menu, and it's gone from the Cook...menu too I believe. I'll check that later to confirm it though...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
So why is Grilled Cheese completely gone from my game?

<L n="ingredient_list"> is missing, line 416. @graycurse

Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 1:32 AM
hey there when you go into Gourmet cooking the ceviche and chips need a "the Serendipity" that's a light
Field Researcher
#23 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 4:48 AM Last edited by Celia : 26th Jan 2016 at 5:10 AM.
In buying ingredients from the fridge--I can find things like tomatoes or oranges, but cannot find eggs or bread.

And, I'm not sure I understand: are MTS food groups and Graycurse fridge interactions compatible?

Never mind, figured it out. Had one too many mods installed.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Martine : 26th Jan 2016 at 9:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Celia
In buying ingredients from the fridge--I can find things like tomatoes or oranges, but cannot find eggs or bread.

And, I'm not sure I understand: are MTS food groups and Graycurse fridge interactions compatible?

Never mind, figured it out. Had one too many mods installed.

Hi @Celia, I just installed this mod and I cannot see the eggs, bread, cheese and such either. I have all of Plasticbox' food related mods installed. Could you tell me which mod you removed? Thank you

EDIT: I've just tested my game with only this mod installed (literally an empty Mods folder otherwise, except for the resource.cfg file), and it's still the same. I have the option to buy ingredients from the fridge, but only some fish, fruit and vegetables - no pasta, sugar, bread or things like that. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#25 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 9:35 PM
Where are you looking for these -- did you see they are called "Cooking Sugar" etc in the list?

They are all grouped together by name like that.
Screenshots

Page 1 of 6