Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#751 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 4:26 PM Last edited by Morphar : 28th Mar 2018 at 5:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Fivefolds? Do you mean had five kids at once? They're called Quintuplets.

Yes, blame Google translate.
One in a Quintuplets is translated to quint but in plural it is translated to fivefolds.

The height of teens is still equal to adults.
My Mini with teen son below. To make teens chorter must be in the Growth module I think.
In GODJUL1 version teens are shorter.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#752 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 2:19 PM Last edited by CaityCupcakes10 : 31st Mar 2018 at 2:52 PM.
Hi! Sorry if this is a stupid question, but which files do I need to download to get the latest version of just the CAS height slider/growth module? I've been reading a few pages back and I'm not sure which to download. I don't need any hand/arm/leg sliders, just the overall height and dynamic growth if that's possible. Someone else has asked this, but that was almost a year ago and I'm not sure if the combination suggested to them will still work now. Thanks!
Scholar
#753 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaityCupcakes10
Hi! Sorry if this is a stupid question, but which files do I need to download to get the latest version of just the CAS height slider/growth module? I've been reading a few pages back and I'm not sure which to download. I don't need any hand/arm/leg sliders, just the overall height and dynamic growth if that's possible. Someone else has asked this, but that was almost a year ago and I'm not sure if the combination suggested to them will still work now. Thanks!

List of files used in my testing now:

Height Slider Head Fix.zip by WaterPearl #738
Slider Scripts.zip by Ash77 #392
CmarNYC's feet height slider by CMARnyc, modified by Manderz0630 #726

You can get Growth from the download in post# 701. Other says it is not working. Not tested by me.
Test Subject
#754 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
The original Simmythesim mod did exactly that (the file name is Height Slider Growth.package): children grew gradually every night, and teens automatically became shorter the next night after their birthday and grew gradually to young adult height after that. This mod was still working after the toddler patch but was unfortunately broken after the Cats & Dogs update.

This an actual family I had in my game using that mod and without editing the heights manually. The teen is shorter, and one of the children is taller than his little brother.

Tall teens is really the one thing I really dislike about the game and I agree, having to manually make them shorter is a hassle... maybe if all of us who hate tall teens join forces we might convince a clever modder to fix this!

I really liked this mod. He made the game more alive. Does anyone know if it's still supported by the creator or completely abandoned?
Scholar
#755 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by niktonija
I really liked this mod. He made the game more alive. Does anyone know if it's still supported by the creator or completely abandoned?

Abandoned and not supported but he shared the code.
What is missing in this project is a Python programmer that can modify the script file.

In post #194 you have the source code as left by Simmythesim:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...634#post5050634

Modyfied by several other creators though.
Test Subject
#756 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:48 PM
Hello! Is there anyway to get this to work now? Like what should I download? I've tried to get this to work in my game but nothing seems to be working. Help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Scholar
#757 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Byroix
Hello! Is there anyway to get this to work now? Like what should I download? I've tried to get this to work in my game but nothing seems to be working. Help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

See post #756. Also read the latest posts.
Test Subject
#758 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 4:49 PM
I'm still a little confused. Which slider is the one that will allow me to change the heights of children. Or is it something that I need to type into the command box?

Right now, I am using these:

1. cmar_HeightSlider in CAS Feet
2. Height Slider Shorter head fix
3. Height Slider Tall head fix
4. Slider Scripts

These four mods have enabled me to adjust the heights of Teens-Elders by dragging their feet and they all work very well together in game and I have had no issues.

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the height of kids which was my main reason for downloading these mods. I'm not sure if its because I don't have the right mod installed, if I'm supposed to keep it in a sub-folder or not, or what command I am supposed to type in and when I'm supposed to type it in.

An instructional video showing what to do and how would be very helpful because I have read over this entire thread quite a few times and I'm still very confused. Thank you!
Scholar
#759 Old 8th May 2018 at 9:30 AM
Default The dragging feet version does not include kids. You need to use the command version
Quote: Originally posted by allthesim99
I'm still a little confused. Which slider is the one that will allow me to change the heights of children. Or is it something that I need to type into the command box?

4. Slider Scripts

These four mods have enabled me to adjust the heights of Teens-Elders by dragging their feet and they all work very well together in game and I have had no issues.

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the height of kids which was my main reason for downloading these mods. I'm not sure if its because I don't have the right mod installed, if I'm supposed to keep it in a sub-folder or not, or what command I am supposed to type in and when I'm supposed to type it in.

An instructional video showing what to do and how would be very helpful because I have read over this entire thread quite a few times and I'm still very confused. Thank you!

The command version is what is needed for changing the kids. The command is quite easy. You type it in the cheat window. It is: add_slider Height Then type a number between 25 to 150 either minus - or without the - symbol to add height.
Scholar
#760 Old 8th May 2018 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by allthesim99

4. Slider Scripts

Well, you can use the cheat code for all ages but if you like T,YA, A and E to keep their height after aging you need to set that in CAS.
If you set height for those ages with cheat console they will return to EA heights after each aging step.

Example:
A teen set to short in CAS will be a short YA, A and E.
A teen set to short with cheat code will be EA height YA, A and E.

A child set to short in CAS is not possible at all.
A child set to short with cheat code will be EA height in T,YA, A and E.

Genetics:
If you breed childs they will inherit height from the parents or sometimes the grand parents.
(I have not tested if parents set with cheat code will pass on their height because I only use CAS settings. )
Test Subject
#761 Old 12th May 2018 at 12:43 PM
i dont think its working at all or i have something wrong in the game latest version
Test Subject
#762 Old 16th May 2018 at 2:45 AM
I tried your mod and It does not work, and I believe it is because It is outdated
Test Subject
#763 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
The command version is what is needed for changing the kids. The command is quite easy. You type it in the cheat window. It is: add_slider Height Then type a number between 25 to 150 either minus - or without the - symbol to add height.

Oh my gosh thank you! It finally works. It also still works with the latest patch update ^.^
Test Subject
#764 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Well, you can use the cheat code for all ages but if you like T,YA, A and E to keep their height after aging you need to set that in CAS.
If you set height for those ages with cheat console they will return to EA heights after each aging step.

Example:
A teen set to short in CAS will be a short YA, A and E.
A teen set to short with cheat code will be EA height YA, A and E.

A child set to short in CAS is not possible at all.
A child set to short with cheat code will be EA height in T,YA, A and E.

Genetics:
If you breed childs they will inherit height from the parents or sometimes the grand parents.
(I have not tested if parents set with cheat code will pass on their height because I only use CAS settings. )

Thank u so much! I was able to get it to work and make the children/toddlers shorter or taller and it's still working now. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#765 Old 21st May 2018 at 4:34 AM
Hi, I am confused as to what to download, I read different posts and tried different files, but none of them work. Whenever I type in the command for children it does not do anything. the only thing that works is the sliders for teen-elder. Can someone help me?
Instructor
#766 Old 21st May 2018 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cocosmith
Hi, I am confused as to what to download, I read different posts and tried different files, but none of them work. Whenever I type in the command for children it does not do anything. the only thing that works is the sliders for teen-elder. Can someone help me?

Check this post, I'm currently using the ones descibed and it works for kids. Make sure you are typing in the right command.

add_slider height [value]
[value] ranges from (I think) -100 to 100, 0 being your Sim's normal height.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Instructor
#767 Old 21st May 2018 at 11:47 AM
By the way, there was this mod called "preteenhood" that briefly popped up a few days ago and disappeared, I wonder if it was related to Simmythesim's mod (either an update or a ripoff, I don't know since I didn't get a chance to gather more info about it) or something new?

It apparently included shorter teens and gradual growth. Does anyone know if there's something out there that still does this? This function in Simmythesims's mod was broken with Cats & Dogs.

Or is anyone interested in having a look at the original mod to see if shorter teens/growth can be updated? I would do it myself but I have no idea about modding and Python (and I'm on a Mac so I'm not even sure I'd have the tools for it)...

Scholar
#768 Old 22nd May 2018 at 11:08 AM Last edited by Morphar : 22nd May 2018 at 11:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
By the way, there was this mod called "preteenhood" that briefly popped up a few days ago and disappeared, I wonder if it was related to Simmythesim's mod (either an update or a ripoff, I don't know since I didn't get a chance to gather more info about it) or something new?

It apparently included shorter teens and gradual growth. Does anyone know if there's something out there that still does this? This function in Simmythesims's mod was broken with Cats & Dogs.

Or is anyone interested in having a look at the original mod to see if shorter teens/growth can be updated? I would do it myself but I have no idea about modding and Python (and I'm on a Mac so I'm not even sure I'd have the tools for it)...

This one?

https://www.simsdom.com/en/download...dtargets-112466

Quote:
Features -

- Gradually Change Your Sims’ Height as they Age Up from Toddler
- Elder
- Shorter Teens
- Change Any Sims’ Height, Toddler - Elder

Edit: What the heck is that?
Mad Poster
#769 Old 22nd May 2018 at 2:40 PM
That's the one. Considering it was using artwork by a different Simmer and the fact that it has now vanished, it would seem safe to assume it was this mod that had been taken and shared as their own work. Such a pity that it wasn't somebody who had actually done anything to update it and have a fully functioning mod.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#770 Old 26th May 2018 at 7:08 PM
I've got the one from post #701 installed, but the growth isn't working. I just get an LE at 1 AM lol
Instructor
#771 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by I like sims 4
I've got the one from post #701 installed, but the growth isn't working. I just get an LE at 1 AM lol

Growth seems to have been broken with Cats & Dogs and hasn't been updated.

Scholar
#772 Old 27th May 2018 at 4:32 PM Last edited by Morphar : 27th May 2018 at 4:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by I like sims 4

Like this one?

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>40e672fb6c65c5895a95ea3b</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-02-27 18:36:56</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.40.61.1020-1.200.000.325.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>mc_injections.py:757</categoryid><desyncid>40e672fb6c65c5895a95ea3b</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_age_service')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 293, in _run
File "HeightModule.py", line 78, in SimGrowth
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_age_service'
</desyncdata></report>
</root>
Test Subject
#773 Old 30th May 2018 at 8:09 PM
So how do you get this mod to work in CAS? I just want to manually edit a few sims to try this out but I can't get any of the files to work. I've combed through a few pages and found some user made updates and stuff, downloaded those but I still can't adjust the height of a sim in CAS. What am I missing here?
Mad Poster
#774 Old 30th May 2018 at 9:20 PM
If you're using the version where you have to enter cheat commands then you cannot make height changes in CAS. It must be done in Live mode.
The version that works in CAS is the version where changing the size of the feet alters a Sim's height. The foot slider version only works for Sims aged Teen and up since Toddlers and Children don't have a foot slider.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#775 Old 30th May 2018 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
If you're using the version where you have to enter cheat commands then you cannot make height changes in CAS. It must be done in Live mode.
The version that works in CAS is the version where changing the size of the feet alters a Sim's height. The foot slider version only works for Sims aged Teen and up since Toddlers and Children don't have a foot slider.

Where can I find the foot slider version?

Also, I did try using the commands listed on the first page and nothing happened either.
Page 31 of 44