Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 2:40 AM
Default Custom Wood Collection -- good idea? insanity?
I was making a new wood texture for recolouring a set, and then suddenly there were sixteen different shades of wood. New plan, make a bunch of recolours for myself (mix and match, yay! EA/Maxis nothing matches, boo!). I'd love to share too, but I wanted to do a quick sanity check before I dive head-first down the rabbit hole. Is there likely to be any desire for this? With the wealth of wood recolours that Michelle has provided, would such a project seem redundant? Should I narrow down the options? Should I full speed ahead? Why so many? Bring 'em on?

I honestly can't tell if I'm being creative and productive or needlessly obsessive. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 3:15 AM
There is also iCads wood textures and Shasta's Pirate woods, but I'm sure more are always welcome, look how many other colour actions are out there. Some people will like one more than another so choice is never a bad thing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 11:47 AM
Thanks for the thoughtful feedback!

I basically have a manic little demon on my shoulder whispering, "This'll take AGES to do. You might never finish the whole project, and you have zero time for it anyway. Sounds AWESOME!!"
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 5:59 PM
Shove him into a closet, tell him to STFU, and go to town. That devil's determined to make us unhappy and unproductive.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 9:54 PM
Make them Creating is good for the soul.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 8:36 PM
Those colours look very good to me. I think it'd be worthy if you're willing to take the plunge.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.