Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Living The Rich Life (No CC)

by pancake101 Posted 20th Sep 2016 at 2:15 PM - Updated 20th Aug 2018 at 6:40 PM by pancake101

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 10:45 PM
Appropriately named for what I want. I have a town designed to allow people to live out their fantasies and this should fit perfectly.

Thanks
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Collector
Appropriately named for what I want. I have a town designed to allow people to live out their fantasies and this should fit perfectly.

Thanks

Your welcome
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 3:06 AM
Damn, this is elaborate! I doubt I'll use it cuz my Sims would get lost, but I commend you on having the patience to take on such a task! Kudos! Beautiful work!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Damn, this is elaborate! I doubt I'll use it cuz my Sims would get lost, but I commend you on having the patience to take on such a task! Kudos! Beautiful work!

Thanks! Building mansions like this is definitely time consuming but the payoff is always rewarding!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 5:22 AM
Thank you so much for building this splendid house. It is really amazing and an absolute must-have for my rich sims. Normally I prefer playing more smaller, cozy homes, but this one is just gorgeous!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrittaMA
Thank you so much for building this splendid house. It is really amazing and an absolute must-have for my rich sims. Normally I prefer playing more smaller, cozy homes, but this one is just gorgeous!!!

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed building it and hope you enjoy adding it to your game!
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 9:44 AM
Wow, this is an amazing mansion! Good job on it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 4:37 PM
Wow, c'est un manoir incroyable!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 11:36 PM
Dang! This place is huge! It reminds me of a Greek/Roman Temple!
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Dang! This place is huge! It reminds me of a Greek/Roman Temple!

What's rather interesting is I never actually map out any of my huge mansions before I build them. I start building in one corner of the lot (in this case the right side building) and just build across with whatever my mind happens comes up with until I'm happy with what I've made
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 5:49 PM
Fantastic!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SLM56
Fantastic!!!

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 9:14 AM
Wow! I'm currently near the end of a legacy challenge (by near I mean I'm on generation 6...) and this puts my legacy mansion to shame!
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 1:24 AM
This is beautiful! Do you think it's big enough for a family of 23 sims? my main sim, her 5 polyamorous husbands, 12 kids ranging in age from toddler-YA, YA son's wife, her other husband, their 2 kids, the nanny/maid, and possible future SO and/or kids of teen daughter need something big, and the McMansion I last downloaded ain't cutting it....
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by southparkrocks
This is beautiful! Do you think it's big enough for a family of 23 sims? my main sim, her 5 polyamorous husbands, 12 kids ranging in age from toddler-YA, YA son's wife, her other husband, their 2 kids, the nanny/maid, and possible future SO and/or kids of teen daughter need something big, and the McMansion I last downloaded ain't cutting it....

Oh good gracious! Sounds like one big household! I'm not sure even THIS house can cut it. However, maybe if you turned the two wing buildings into more available bedrooms it may
Instructor
#17 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pancake101
Oh good gracious! Sounds like one big household! I'm not sure even THIS house can cut it. However, maybe if you turned the two wing buildings into more available bedrooms it may

Already moved the family to this house before you replied. I'll try that, thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by southparkrocks
Already moved the family to this house before you replied. I'll try that, thanks!

Hope you enjoy it! ^^
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 1:56 AM
Hey, so I don't know if its because of where I put the house (a 64x64 in moonlight falls) or because i don't have the two stuff packs, but the lower level doesn't seem to work properly for me. I can't place anything in it without cheats, (the game says it 'can't place inside a foundation') which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that I cant open the door to the vampire lair. Any idea on how I can fix that?
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 2:03 AM Last edited by pancake101 : 27th Sep 2016 at 2:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grubsauce413
Hey, so I don't know if its because of where I put the house (a 64x64 in moonlight falls) or because i don't have the two stuff packs, but the lower level doesn't seem to work properly for me. I can't place anything in it without cheats, (the game says it 'can't place inside a foundation') which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that I cant open the door to the vampire lair. Any idea on how I can fix that?

Hmm. I've never seen that before. I used the move objects on cheat to place things inside down there but when I tested the house I was able to use the doors just fine. However, one way to fix it is to simply go into buy mode and move your Sim into the room. then command them to leave and it will make the door work fine. Then it should work both ways.
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pancake101
Hmm. I've never seen that before. I used the move objects on cheat to place things inside down there but when I tested the house I was able to use the doors just fine. However, one way to fix it is to simply go into buy mode and move your Sim into the room. then command them to leave and it will make the door work fine. Then it should work both ways.

okay, i figured it out. the wall next to the door was just too close. I don't know why it worked for you and not for me but I've got it working now. Thanks for the quick reply!
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grubsauce413
okay, i figured it out. the wall next to the door was just too close. I don't know why it worked for you and not for me but I've got it working now. Thanks for the quick reply!

No prob! Yeah I dunno why it didn't work for you. I went back and tried it and it worked fine still. But I'm glad you got it working ^^
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 1:55 AM
I absolutely love this house, but some of the objects in the basement (particularly the library) did not work, such as the desk with the computer on it. I ended up just deleting it and making a work room in the attic, but I thought you might like to hear about this issue!
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskym0s
I absolutely love this house, but some of the objects in the basement (particularly the library) did not work, such as the desk with the computer on it. I ended up just deleting it and making a work room in the attic, but I thought you might like to hear about this issue!

Thank you for letting me know.
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 12:09 AM
Wow,what a mansion!perfect job