Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 7:43 PM
Default The Sims 4 Challenge (Title Confusing, I know)
Basically, play this game as if you were playing The Sims 4

Rules:
  • You can only assign 3 for a sim.
  • Do not use color wheel.
  • Do not play toddlers - they don't exist. If a baby happens to grow up into it, cheat it - make the toddler grow up in the child right away the same day.
  • Demolish every lot or just a rabbit hole that includes: a city hall, bistro, diner, bookstore, grocery, spa, subway, theater.
  • Once you start the game with the household, cancel the newspaper delivery and don't ever interact with that item.
  • Have your sim go to work and school on foot - no carpools and buses.
  • You cannot and have your sim use a car.
  • Taxis are forbidden.
  • Once your sim is anywhere other in any lot, you cannot control him (unless (s)he isn't going anywhere, you may direct them to go to a lot) neither check their status (needs, skills, relationship and all that). Because-- loading screen, remember?
  • Install a anti-burglar cheat.
  • Fire alarms aren't allowed and neither calling for the fire department - have your sims sort out the situation themselves,
  • You're sims are only allowed to apply the job for military, film, business, culinary, music, scientist, criminal and doctor.
  • You're sims are only allowed to join the private investigator career.
  • You're sims can only be self-employed for painting, inventing, writing, photography and gardening.
  • Remove loads of community lot that doesn't include a rabbit hole and keep the maximum of 5 or less lots left out.
  • You can only hire a maid, nanny, pizza delivary, singer, mixologist, dj from the service.
  • No swimming at beaches.
  • No playable supernaturals in the house except for ghosts and aliens.
  • No pets.
  • No wishing for wishes to genies.
  • Supernaturals should be disabled, as well pets.
  • No terrain tool usage.
  • No Seasons other than summer.
  • Disable Story Progression.

Play this until you reach 25 Generation. If you manage to play throught this challenge till the end without breaking a rule - you're household earns 100,000§ (use motherlode for that) Have fun
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 4:32 AM
sounds boring... I don't want to eat this
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 5:52 AM
25 generations is a VERY long time. Gosh.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 5:13 PM
1. It's *your, not you're 2. If we wanted to play the Sims 4, we would just buy the game...... 3. 25 generations? That might take me like, a month or three! Maybe you should edit the rules.....
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 5:47 PM
Ah yes, I would love to play a challenge for Sims 3 that takes out everything that makes it better than Sims 4.
Also, considering I can legit get 100,000 simoleons in one generation, I think the "reward" for going an entire 25(!!!) generations is a bit small. How about you get to own the entire universe?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 7:43 PM
I hate to disagree, but I think I'd rather play the sims 4. I myself would never last 25 generations without anything the expansion packs add.

Farley Farm - After running away in highschool with her boyfriend Hank, Odelia goes back to her childhood home after her father’s death. How will Meredith cope living with her grandmother? How will Rosena cope with her daughter’s return?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 11:24 PM
lol, thx 4 feedback
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lukas11xxf
lol, thx 4 feedback

Yeah sorry i agree with them
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 10:02 PM
I mean, I wouldn't want to play this, but reading this made me mad because of all the negative feedback. make sure you give it nicely. thank you.
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 1:52 AM
I suggest some changes to better reflect how Sims 4 works:

Have your sim go to work and school on foot - no carpools and buses.

This doesn't correctly simulates how Sims 4 works. Walking to workplace or school consumes time, while travel in Sims 4 is instantous. So a Sims 3 sims would need to teleport from home to workplace/school and back again with a cheat or that pair of eyes from World Adventures.

Bonus:
- You can have a life sized decorative car, train or boat on your lot anytime. Just make sure the sims never use it.
- If it is a red sports car, a child sim could play with aforementioned lifesized car (but not the train or boat). No idea how you'd want to simulate this in Sims 3, but the resulting screenshot should be worth extra points towards the challenge score. (Sorry, inside joke, you need to have played Sims 4 to get that )

Once your sim is anywhere other in any lot, you cannot control him (unless (s)he isn't going anywhere, you may direct them to go to a lot) neither check their status (needs, skills, relationship and all that). Because-- loading screen, remember?

A bit more detailed approach would be this:
- You can check the motive bars of your "away sims" (possible in Sims 4).
- Sims can explore the immediate surroundings of their homelot (about the area of 5 residential lots) with the sims at home or elsewhere within this perimeter staying fully controllable. This simulates Sims 4's semi-open world in contrast to both open and closed world.
- Sims can be teleported between a community lot and the home lot anytime with no need to use transportation. This requires having at least one sim at the home lot and another one at a community lot. (this simulates Sims 4 "bring over" and "switch control to" commands)
- You can always use the "go home" button for sims that are in the world or on com lots. Don't walk these sims all the way home, just walk them a few meters to the edge of the com lot and then teleport them home.
- Sims 4 sims that have to cross long distances jog. Problem is, this doesn't increase fitness skill, so decide for yourself if you want to do them jog (which reflects what happens in Sims 4 visually) or walk (which reflects what happens in Sims 4 statistics-wise).
- If you control a sim on a community lot or somewehre else in the world, you cannot control the sims that are at home except for the following actions:
"Care for self" - cheat all motives up a little bit every hour. All bars go up by the same amount and regardless of whether an object that fulfills this need is present.
"Work the gardens" - do some gardening on the home lot
"Work on relationship" - have a phone chat with a sim you know
"Work on skill" - do some very minor skilling with your sim at home
- Disable psychic police, child and teen curfew as they do not exist in Sims 4.

Fire alarms aren't allowed and neither calling for the fire department - have your sims sort out the situation themselves

You can place sprinklers that put out fires, as Sims 4 has those. Not sure about Sims 3, but Sims 2 had sprinklers, so I assume Sims 3 would have them, too? (I haven't played sims 3 for several years, so I don't remember this detail. I just drop in here to check for challenges, as Sims 3 challenges are easily adapted for Sims 4).

No terrain tool usage.

Except to flatten terrain in case a lot isn't flat in the beginning.

Added:
- Children that fail school are taken away by social services (deleted actually).
- If for some reason you play another household and then return to your original household, then cheat all motive bars of the sims into the green, except for bladder (must be red) and energy (must be red if it is night, yellow if evening or morning). Also assemble your household at the sidewalk. Don't ask. Don't panic. Just do it.
- If you return from home with a sim that was at a community lot, roll a die to assign the sims that were left at home a random task anywhere on the homelot. You'll need a rather large sided die to do this.
- If a sim moves out, that sim gets to keep whatever he takes with him. Sell these items and subtract their worth from the family funds.
- Sims moving in do NOT bring a random book, laptop and car with them. If you move in a sim, delete whatever he/she had in their inventory.
- Cowplants are only deadly if the victim is swallowed twice withn 24 hours. No idea how to simulate this, probably a rescurrection cheat?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 12:14 AM
I think your challenge is great. I love how this mod highlights the faults of Sims 4 an yet it still provides a real challenge.
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 9:59 PM
This challenge shows how empty TS4 really is. Otherwise interesting challenge.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
I suggest some changes to better reflect how Sims 4 works:

This doesn't correctly simulates how Sims 4 works. Walking to workplace or school consumes time, while travel in Sims 4 is instantous. So a Sims 3 sims would need to teleport from home to workplace/school and back again with a cheat or that pair of eyes from World Adventures.

Bonus:
- You can have a life sized decorative car, train or boat on your lot anytime. Just make sure the sims never use it.
- If it is a red sports car, a child sim could play with aforementioned lifesized car (but not the train or boat). No idea how you'd want to simulate this in Sims 3, but the resulting screenshot should be worth extra points towards the challenge score. (Sorry, inside joke, you need to have played Sims 4 to get that )

A bit more detailed approach would be this:
- You can check the motive bars of your "away sims" (possible in Sims 4).
- Sims can explore the immediate surroundings of their homelot (about the area of 5 residential lots) with the sims at home or elsewhere within this perimeter staying fully controllable. This simulates Sims 4's semi-open world in contrast to both open and closed world.
- Sims can be teleported between a community lot and the home lot anytime with no need to use transportation. This requires having at least one sim at the home lot and another one at a community lot. (this simulates Sims 4 "bring over" and "switch control to" commands)
- You can always use the "go home" button for sims that are in the world or on com lots. Don't walk these sims all the way home, just walk them a few meters to the edge of the com lot and then teleport them home.
- Sims 4 sims that have to cross long distances jog. Problem is, this doesn't increase fitness skill, so decide for yourself if you want to do them jog (which reflects what happens in Sims 4 visually) or walk (which reflects what happens in Sims 4 statistics-wise).
- If you control a sim on a community lot or somewehre else in the world, you cannot control the sims that are at home except for the following actions:
"Care for self" - cheat all motives up a little bit every hour. All bars go up by the same amount and regardless of whether an object that fulfills this need is present.
"Work the gardens" - do some gardening on the home lot
"Work on relationship" - have a phone chat with a sim you know
"Work on skill" - do some very minor skilling with your sim at home
- Disable psychic police, child and teen curfew as they do not exist in Sims 4.

You can place sprinklers that put out fires, as Sims 4 has those. Not sure about Sims 3, but Sims 2 had sprinklers, so I assume Sims 3 would have them, too? (I haven't played sims 3 for several years, so I don't remember this detail. I just drop in here to check for challenges, as Sims 3 challenges are easily adapted for Sims 4).

Except to flatten terrain in case a lot isn't flat in the beginning.

Added:
- Children that fail school are taken away by social services (deleted actually).
- If for some reason you play another household and then return to your original household, then cheat all motive bars of the sims into the green, except for bladder (must be red) and energy (must be red if it is night, yellow if evening or morning). Also assemble your household at the sidewalk. Don't ask. Don't panic. Just do it.
- If you return from home with a sim that was at a community lot, roll a die to assign the sims that were left at home a random task anywhere on the homelot. You'll need a rather large sided die to do this.
- If a sim moves out, that sim gets to keep whatever he takes with him. Sell these items and subtract their worth from the family funds.
- Sims moving in do NOT bring a random book, laptop and car with them. If you move in a sim, delete whatever he/she had in their inventory.
- Cowplants are only deadly if the victim is swallowed twice withn 24 hours. No idea how to simulate this, probably a rescurrection cheat?

Sprinklers do not exist sadly.

More details:
- If a sim losts a relative/friend/someone-"close" - remove the mourning moodlet. Have them view a painting to "relieve" 'em :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 11:13 PM
but I can just break the rules and cheat in 999,999,999 simolians so what's the point of completing the challenge without breaking rules to get 100,000