Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 11:15 PM
Default More than 4 aspiration tracks per category - CAS issues
Hi all,
I have been working on a project to override in-game aspirations and also create custom ones. I have modded the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration to remove anything related to Herbalism, and created a separate Master Herbalist aspiration (by cloning the outdoor enthusiast). Both aspirations show up fine in the in-game aspiration picker, but since there are now 5 aspirations in the Nature category, the CAS UI seems to break down.

To be more specific, when clicking on the Nature aspiration category in CAS, the little circles with the aspiration picture do not appear anymore. Three of the 5 seem to be invisible, as hovering the mouse over the area makes the tooltip text appear. The other 2 seem to be no there at all (no tooltip text). It is not possible to select the aspiration by clicking in this area or on the tooltip text, so the whole category is broken in CAS.

I looked at the asp. category data files but nothing in them is referring to the number of asp. tracks within the category. Has anybody come up with a way to fix this UI glitch?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 9:25 AM
While it's certainly not the best solution, you could add the Master Herbalist to the new Location category they are adding with CL. To fix the UI directly, you would need to edit the UI ressources (GFX), which aren't the easiest to mod and most likely will need a lot of updating with each patch.

You can try to raise the issue on the official modding forum too, perhaps the devs will be able to modify the UI to make it more expandable
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neia
While it's certainly not the best solution, you could add the Master Herbalist to the new Location category they are adding with CL. To fix the UI directly, you would need to edit the UI ressources (GFX), which aren't the easiest to mod and most likely will need a lot of updating with each patch.

You can try to raise the issue on the official modding forum too, perhaps the devs will be able to modify the UI to make it more expandable

Thanks Neia for your answer.
I quickly realized that modding the UI itself is out of my chords, so I found a workaround similar to what you are suggesting. By looking at the Aspiration Category files in TS4MW, I found that there existed place holders for 4 hidden categories named General, Personality, Skills and Emotions. They do not have associated icons and are hidden from the UI by a line of code in both the .xml and .data files.

So I renamed one of them to "Wellness", associated an icon to it and assigned the Herbalism skill to it, as well as a (currently not working ) Yoga aspiration. It might also be possible to clone entire categories just as we clone the aspiration tracks themselves, but I have not tried it.