Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 12:36 AM
Default Need help with adding custom fish.
i recently made a squid mesh and ported it into the game, its buyable in store as ingredient, however when i tried to make it fish-able (I added the squid to fishing.xml and tried adding it to spawning areas.), the fishing spots becomes 'un-interact-able" untill i remove the package. I couldn't find fishing tutorials around, so i just trial and error on my own.

I hope some experts here could help me on this.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 9:16 AM
I'm far from an expert but I've been spending some time in S3PE lately and I was wondering if you had looked at the code for other minor pets and fish? Because much like adding food requires much more than just insert new food to the game (e.g. cooking animations, processes, skill levels, etc) adding custom fish that you can actually fish would require more than adding squid to the fishing xml and making it buyable. I think adding custom fish would require changing multiple XMLs some of which you might see if you looked at a fishing XML tuning mod possibly. I'm not sure though but I feel like that might be something to look into..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by landerlady12
I'm far from an expert but I've been spending some time in S3PE lately and I was wondering if you had looked at the code for other minor pets and fish? Because much like adding food requires much more than just insert new food to the game (e.g. cooking animations, processes, skill levels, etc) adding custom fish that you can actually fish would require more than adding squid to the fishing xml and making it buyable. I think adding custom fish would require changing multiple XMLs some of which you might see if you looked at a fishing XML tuning mod possibly. I'm not sure though but I feel like that might be something to look into..

Thanks for responding
I've added food and ingredients into the game before so I do understanding what you mean .. but I've very little understanding of sims 3 scripting to understand what other files I need to look into. There is however something about fish Spawning/Spawners inside the fishing xml too ... but those seems to be objk and objd (my guess is that they're they spawners in buydebug)...
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiancai
Thanks for responding
I've added food and ingredients into the game before so I do understanding what you mean .. but I've very little understanding of sims 3 scripting to understand what other files I need to look into. There is however something about fish Spawning/Spawners inside the fishing xml too ... but those seems to be objk and objd (my guess is that they're they spawners in buydebug)...

I can imagine that those are referring to the spawners as well. It's hard because you are making an object that would need animations I believe (for when it's alive and swimming) so it would probably also have jazz files. There is an XML file called player created fishing spawner which looked interesting and like something I'm wondering if you investigated. Also have you seen simMX more alchemy potions scripting mod for ideas on how to incorporate a new object into an already existing system with multiple XMLs in the game. As far as the XMLs that your mod would influence I would try searching for all the XMLs including Fish using the search options in S3PE. There are a lot of them that I hadn't even thought of that seem like they would apply and would matter e.g. skills i.e. what level of the fishing skill would they need, stock fish in pond and/tank xml, fish here, feed fish, fish with selected bait, etc.