Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pond & Sea Water Overhaul

by Voeille Posted 1st Jan 2017 at 3:58 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2017 at 1:29 PM by Voeille

238 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 172 Feedback Posts, 65 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 10
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 4:25 PM
These look fab Voeille - Imma gonna test
Theorist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 4:51 PM
I'm speechless over this. Can't wait to test it!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 5:10 PM
This is amazing, can't wait to get back to my PC to try these out :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 5:27 PM
Well, this looks wonderful. I already use Moi's (might be time for a swap), but am getting ready to test this out. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 6:15 PM
I am amazed. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 7:47 PM
wow the pond!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 8:02 PM
This is lit. A shame that it needs a pool to the pond water looks correctly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 8:05 PM
You are my hero. Thank you so much for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 9:28 PM
I waited for this mod for AGES! Thank you for great work.

P.S. So I should trhow out Moi's mod and unpack yours to downloads instead, right?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 9:42 PM
Hooray, this is something that I really wanted! Well done for making this work.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 10:02 PM
Astonished that nobody has done this before! I was just thinking the other day how I hate the way the pond water looks in neighborhood view, with the water mod it's black! Thank you so much for this! thank you thank you !
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 10:58 PM
This looks wonderful from the images! It's running into an issue with OS X, though. I have the Sims 2 Super Collection rerelease from 2014; a couple of workflows have been rejiggered from earlier releases, but the mod/Downloads folder process stays pretty much the same once you locate the directory. I've dropped both package files into the Downloads directory, but it flips out when it comes to displaying it at the Neighborhood screen (flashing purple image rather than the graphic). I don't have the original (Moi) water mod installed. Any thoughts?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 11:38 PM
That looks nice! I'm going to test it, thanks a lot for sharing!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 11:40 PM Last edited by nuidyaforever : 2nd Jan 2017 at 12:28 AM.
It's not working for me

I'm using Windows 10 - does that make a difference?

EDIT: Found the problem - it's conflicting with this post-processing effects mod.

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 11:54 PM
This is incredible! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 2:22 AM
I think I love you <3 Thank you so much for making my game look amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 2:43 AM
Thank you so much :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 3:15 AM
Thank you all for the comments I don’t like the fact that placing a pool is necessary for the pond to work either, but that was the only way I could think of that would enable water reflections. Moi’s mod also does that, and it needs the pool placed in exactly the same way as my mod does (both Moi’s and mine use PoolReflection).

@N_Fluen$e: Yes, you can’t use Moi’s and my mod at the same time as they replace the same thing.
@seasonofpassage: I saw flashing pink water when I did something wrong while working on the shaders, maybe shaders for the OS X version are different? Do you see pink water only in the neighbourhood view, or on a lot as well?
@nuidyaforever: Thanks for the info, I’ll add that mod to the conflicts.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 3:44 AM
Does this work with the shaders disabled? AKA boolprop useshaders fasle?

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 3:57 AM
I haven’t tested that but I doubt it’d work, after all, this mod is about shader files.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 4:40 AM
Oh my goooodnesss I need this in my life. I love your downloads so much T.T
Instructor
#23 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 4:49 AM
Okay, so the seawater looks amazing, thank you! However, I noticed that in winter time there was no water in my moat whatsoever from the neighborhood view. I thought that placing the pools would fix the issue, and I did so on each side. My moat goes all the way around my castle. But there was no difference. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a known bug? It looks very strange. :/
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 5:11 AM
Voeille you are amazing! I was just playing Castaway Stories the other day and thinking the water looks so much better than in the original game. Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 8:57 AM
This is awesome! I was lamenting just the other day that the only thing that really let me down about TS2 nowadays is the horrible lot-view neighbourhood water. I'm popping this in-game now to try it out. Thanks!
Page 1 of 10