Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Family Aspiration (TS2-TS4)

by jackboog21 Posted 11th Jan 2017 at 12:34 AM - Updated 13th Dec 2020 at 6:15 AM by jackboog21

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 12:52 AM
so well done, thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 4:36 AM
Thank you for making this! I regularly make family oriented sims and this will be the perfect aspiration!
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 6:46 AM
Thanks for this mod! There is russian translation
I'll update translation if u'll update this mod, don't worry!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FamilyAspiration_Jackboog21(+rus).rar (22.8 KB, 52 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 7:51 AM
This is really great! I love it . . . except most of my sims have their kids while they're YAs. If they have no children in the adult stage, but already have children from when they were YAs, will the condition in Family Rock fill correctly? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Taube
This is really great! I love it . . . except most of my sims have their kids while they're YAs. If they have no children in the adult stage, but already have children from when they were YAs, will the condition in Family Rock fill correctly? Thanks!

Yes and thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 3:20 PM
I love this. I've always wanted a combination aspiration like this. It's perfect!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 3:24 PM
Thank you for making this! Can't wait to try it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 4:17 PM
Thank you so much for the custom aspirations so far. I'm looking forward to your upcoming ones as well. One of the things that bugs me about TS4 has been the aspirations and the narrow pathway they tend to offer, so your conversion of the TS2 aspirations are a welcome addition to my gameplay. Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 10:27 PM
Bravo!!! Thank you so much for spending your time and making this.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:38 AM
Thank you so much, this is great!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 6:42 PM
Sweet! Looking forward to a french translation. (Please instruct how I'd go about submitting one.)
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 5:28 AM
Just wondering.
Is this mod still works for today's patch?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
Just wondering.
Is this mod still works for today's patch?

I haven't noticed any problems. Please report any if you find them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 5:56 PM
I appreciate you bringing back some wonderful stuff from The Sims 2. Thank you for your time and effort! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 5:39 AM
Thank you :-) Great work!
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 1:41 PM
I like it, but it seems too simple to complete. It's not that hard to have a kid, and then read to it. I remember a big part of the original aspiration was to have a bunch of kids. Maybe make another version where the sim wants to raise 5 children from infants to young adults? and/or have more than one grandchild? Just a thought ^_^
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 4:10 PM Last edited by coto39 : 15th Jan 2017 at 5:46 PM.
Thanks for your mod!!
Here is the spanish translation.

EDIT: the file was replaced at 14:44 of 15/01/2016 (I fixed a few typos and polished the translation of some sentences)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  FamilyAspiration_Jackboog21 (spanish translation).rar (1.4 KB, 15 downloads)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 1:08 AM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:34 PM
These aspirations are great! Can't wait to see more! :)
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 4:37 PM
At least in Sims 4, they didn't have whims to have 10 or 20 children! This is a very good aspiration.

But I noticed one slight problem with the "Long and Happy Life" buff. In the second sentence of the buff, he should be capitalized as He at the beginning of the sentence. I assumed for the female aspect of the Family aspiration, she should be capitalized as She if it isn't fixed.

A minor issue that can be easily fixed if it has to be updated later.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 6:13 PM
Keep 'em coming! I didn't realize how much I missed the old aspirations like this one and am looking forward the others you're working on.
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
At least in Sims 4, they didn't have whims to have 10 or 20 children! This is a very good aspiration.

But I noticed one slight problem with the "Long and Happy Life" buff. In the second sentence of the buff, he should be capitalized as He at the beginning of the sentence. I assumed for the female aspect of the Family aspiration, she should be capitalized as She if it isn't fixed.

yeah, 10 and 20 kids were waaay too much. But 5 wouldn't be bad.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 1:07 AM
Hey, loving these aspiration recreations!!
Just a quick suggestion though, I feel like the family aspiration should include a goal to have more than just one kid - maybe like 3 or 4? My family sims in TS2 always wanted way too many (lol) so as others have said, maybe not like 10... but a couple more would seem right to me
Keep them coming!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm releasing an update to fix it.
Page 1 of 3