Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Skills: Toddler and Child Skills that carry over!

by TwistedMexi Posted 2nd Feb 2017 at 6:07 AM - Updated 15th May 2017 at 2:55 AM by TwistedMexi

93 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 6:30 AM
Thank you for this. I'm really surprised that EA didn't do this. Then again, should I be surprised, no.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 7:38 AM
oh my THNK YOU so well made
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 1:08 PM
Thank you so much for this. I was beginning to think there was no point making my sim kids work so hard at building skills if they have to start from zero again upon aging up. This mod, however, solves that problem perfectly!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 4:19 PM
Thank you so much! It never made sense to me that childhood skills were meaningless, and thanks to you, now they aren't!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 4:50 PM
This is very useful, but couldn't you, perhaps, make "flavors" for Creativity becoming something more artistic than comedy, like painting/writing/singing/etc?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 5:39 PM
Thank you so much! I so wanted this for my toddlers, mainly because I quickly maxed all skills and didn't have much to do..
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 8:11 PM
Perfect fix!
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 8:45 PM
agree with Sionella, comedy doesn't sound as artistic to me as painting (or other creative skills) as far as it starts leveling as soon as a child maxes up the social skill.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 8:55 PM
Thank you very much for this mod!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 10:35 PM
Oh gosh! This mod looks AMAZING. Adding it into my game for sure. I do agree with Sionella though, more flavors please!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 10:49 PM
I agree with the others who say creativity should go toward artistic. Comedy makes zero sense.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 12:16 AM Last edited by TwistedMexi : 4th Feb 2017 at 8:41 AM.
I'm working on a replacement for Comedy now, you guys are right it's currently an ill fitting skill. I'll let you know when it's uploaded.

TwistedMexi's Cheat Resource || Base Game Mods || Expansion Mods
All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also now on twitter and you can find me on Patreon!
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 3:15 AM
How much of a boost to the next skill is given, exactly? I'm considering downloading this mod, since it looks great, but I would like to know the specifics first.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:12 AM Last edited by TwistedMexi : 4th Feb 2017 at 8:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by spiritslive99
How much of a boost to the next skill is given, exactly? I'm considering downloading this mod, since it looks great, but I would like to know the specifics first.

It's hard to give specifics since it's based directly on the value of your child's skill experience. Toddler -> child is less XP since there's less levels and less experience required per level... but typically a maxed child skill will start you at roughly level 6 of the Teen equivalent skill.

All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:01 AM
This has now been updated to provide 3 artistic skills for the child creativity skill.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 1:02 PM
Thank you - I can't wait to try it out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 2:36 PM
This is amazing! Thank you for the creativity change as it was the only thing stopping me from using this.
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 5:49 PM
I'm pretty sure I didn't have a mod doing anything of the sort - but when my max skilled toddlers age to children they get 2 points in the child skills already. Does this bypass the child skills entirely and give them full skills?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seden
I'm pretty sure I didn't have a mod doing anything of the sort - but when my max skilled toddlers age to children they get 2 points in the child skills already. Does this bypass the child skills entirely and give them full skills?

Ah, you're correct! But only if you max all skills. (It gives you a trait that rewards this). I'll update my mod this evening to account for this. Thanks for pointing it out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 7:05 PM
Wonderful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:31 PM
This looks so cool! Thanks for sharing :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 10:14 PM Last edited by TwistedMexi : 4th Feb 2017 at 8:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by seden

My mod is now updated to comply with the stock xp bonuses. Thanks for the feedback

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 12:22 PM
I haven't played TS4 a lot yet and I've never played from a toddler to adult while maxing out all the skills, but I heard that if you do well at skills as a child (not sure if you need to max them out) you already get a bonus to develop those skills faster when aging up to teen. Do you know anything about that?

I love the idea of giving the game some sense of continuity by making skills connected, but I don't like it to be too OP. For example, with this mod, if your toddler learns how to go to the potty, your child gets a bonus trait of steel bladder, which I don't want because I don't like those extra traits that make the needs easier, I find them too easy as it is. So what I would love for was what the game is doing now with toddlers: if you max out their skills you get 2 points on child skills. So if you max out the child skills, you should get 2 points in teens/adults skills and maybe a boost when developing those skills further. I'm not sure what exactly your mod does though, you don't really give the specifics on the description. When you say "give experience" you mean you get points on the skills when the child ages up? Or is it just a boost? If you could make a list of what this mod actually changes it would be really helpful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 2:26 PM
Thank you for this mod! But I wonder if there could be a version without the child gaining the steel bladder trait or any other traits that would make their needs easier than what already is.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 4