Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Split Level Living ~ Traditional Design - with 4 bedrooms and 4+ baths

by CatherineTCJD Posted 24th Mar 2017 at 7:41 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2018 at 4:53 PM by CatherineTCJD

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:41 PM
I love this! I've always wanted to build split level homes but thought it was a complicated process. Seeing this build has renewed my desire to try again while giving one lucky sim a beautiful place to carry on her family's legacy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 12:20 AM
Oh! I'm so glad you like it!!! *Squeeee*
I've got a couple other split-levels in the pipeline...
They are a bit fiddly to build, but once you get the hang of it it gets easier. I love the challenge

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:57 AM
Love this !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 5:24 AM
That kitchen looks so cozy and cute!! Thank you!!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 10:25 AM
I really like the layout, thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 1:05 PM
I always love your creations!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 3:31 PM
Woah..a *real* split-level. You're my hero. I always wanted to build some, never found out how. lol
Beautiful!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 4:02 PM
Thank you all ya'll - I really appreciate the positive feedback

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 1:53 PM
Awesome layout! Can't wait to play with this.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 6:40 PM
Nice and realistic house with room for a family! I like it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 1:38 AM
I loved this house, but it crashed upon loading. Have you had other people mention that? I'm sad.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olyoldone
I loved this house, but it crashed upon loading. Have you had other people mention that? I'm sad.

No! Oh no! Have you tried redownloading it? Sometimes packages corrupt when downloading...
Please try that and let me know. K?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:55 AM
The house is great, only problem is that the shower that comes with it and the windows/pillars of the house are glowing blue. I don't know if anyone else is having that problem.

Like a light show.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cjones316
The house is great, only problem is that the shower that comes with it and the windows/pillars of the house are glowing blue. I don't know if anyone else is having that problem.

Like a light show.

That would be because you're missing the mesh. The back porch's column, tub/shower and the value shower are CC versions of the basegame ones - they were all included with the lot package, so they shouldn't be flashing... did you install the lot with the Clean Installer? And did you see "Note #2" in the original post? You'll need to have JonesiBedBlanket and a recolor of it (links are in the OP)
If it's the tall front columns that are flashing - they came with one of the EPs (Uni, maybe?) make sure you have every EP/SP for the game installed.

Anything flashing blue items can be deleted with the hammer; then just put in the piece you want to use instead. Good luck!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 3:23 AM
I've always been a fan of split-levels. I think that they are an under-utilized home style in TS2. Great for big families. You've captured the style really well here. Great job!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 6:41 AM
I love split levels! This is fab!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olyoldone
Did for me too. will try again. sometimes custom content has trouble
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:43 AM
If you install it with the Clean Installer - you can tick only the house to install (without any CC) You will be missing things - but, then you can make repairs before moving your sims in. Good luck!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#20 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 3:35 PM
Hi Catherine,

Would you mind doing a tutorial on how to build these? I'm so fascinated by it - I love this layout and there's so few recent tutorials on advanced building techniques like this! I feel like learning to do it so that it looks the way this house does - where the front steps aren't so high up - would be a useful technique for other types of buildings too! Would it be possible?

Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Would you mind doing a tutorial on how to build these?...

Yes! I've been wanting to create a tute for a while now! I just couldn't think of a subject-matter that wasn't covered a zillion times already
I don't know how long it will take - so keep checking back, and I'll try to remember to PM you when it's ready. K?
Thanks for asking!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#22 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Yes! I've been wanting to create a tute for a while now! I just couldn't think of a subject-matter that wasn't covered a zillion times already
I don't know how long it will take - so keep checking back, and I'll try to remember to PM you when it's ready. K?
Thanks for asking!

Oh gosh I'm so excited!!! THANK YOU!! I'll keep an eye on the thread! (And download all of your lots - they are genuinely amazing!)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 3:21 PM
So beautiful house.. Awsome!! Thanks for making:)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th May 2017 at 6:41 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 2:48 AM Last edited by RPR.14 : 29th Jan 2018 at 3:30 AM.
I was having some issues with children's posters outside the house (which appear to have a changed appearance in screenshots), and issues with the unleveled walls. Other than these issues it still is a really good house! I just hope I can fix them. Would I need to reinstall the house? I figured out how to fix the pillars and windows, but I still have an issue with missing flooring, missing wall coverings, and a chunk of walls is missing all together. Does that have something to do with the unleveled walls?
Screenshots
Page 1 of 2