Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 3rd May 2017 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
You can copy the script for one of the gender specific doors over to a normal door. No more giant woman or man symbols on a swinging door that doesn't match any other door in the game.

Unless you play with "walls up" (I like walls cutaway) you can't see the door symbols anyway. But I like your idea. I usually paint the men's room blue and the women's room pink, like they do at work, so I can tell which restroom is which. It helps at work too... if the walls are pink, I wrongly assumed the door's gender.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:54 PM

With Arsil's custom beverages a nice cup of tea. (cooker from ATS3)

this pot to make all kinds of soup. (pot from ATS3)

more custom beverages, a nice cold coke. The drinks cost money, i'm going to make a mac donalds with Arsil's food register so i could set the menu with only fries, hamburgers, salade, fried food and apple pie. I wish there was a Milkshake beverage to use the milkshake blender.

I also turned the cupcake holder and cake plateau in foodmakers. Some cakes and cupcakes cost money so i'm planning to make a high tea salon. I'm loving these Mods

Happy-Go-Lucky
Scholar
#78 Old 3rd May 2017 at 9:52 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 4th May 2017 at 12:09 AM.
So I'm thinking how catastrophic would it be if I piled like 7 rabbitholes onto maybe a small example like the graveyard rabbitholes???

Welp i went ahead and made the outdoor grill into Monte Vista's wood oven, works fine, the animation from the wood fire oven may bother people though. I recommend adding the unmodded grill if you still want the community opportunity though.

I also made the wood oven into the baker's station. If you dont mind the pan being stuck on your hand while the goodies are in the oven then its all good and the pan disappears after the dish is completed
Scholar
#79 Old 6th May 2017 at 11:31 PM
DOUBLE POST!!!
Transmogrifier saved me today!
My sim bought some cheese from the grocery store and came home with "***failure object" in their invo. I started freaking out because no nraas interactions were working but then I saw the "change script" option so I thought I might as well try. I changed the failure object into the cheese I just bought and it disappeared from my inventory!

Just a little hint!
Scholar
#80 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 4:08 AM
Has anyone successfully used the Transmogrifier to change a rabbithole shell into another type of rabbit hole? Today I tried to change one, it was the university town college of arts bulding made CAS-able by AussomeDays , into a theatre, but it didn't work for me. I used an EA version of the theatre as the script I copied. Any Tips welcome from those who got this to work.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#81 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 5:19 AM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Mar 2018 at 7:40 PM.
I had a bit of a problem with the drivable school bus I was using for my story posts. The one I was using was this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364790. The trouble with it was that you couldn't see the driver or the passengers. They were actually on board, but they were sitting down very low (presumably with their backsides scraping along the asphalt - yeowch!). If you can manage to 'acquire' an actual school bus (I did it using Nraas DebugEnabler) it will just sit there being completely useless. But then I used the Transmogrifier to give it the same script as the drivable version, changed the colour to red, and bingo, I had my 'Big Red' drivable bus with the driver and passengers sitting in the right place. Success!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#82 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 5:16 AM
One thing I thought about was changing other plants into the store's PvZ Sunflower. So I tested with some decor plants, primarily focusing on the "Blossoming Sunflower Vase", and it worked. Sims were still able to "Dance!" and it still produced those sunlight orbs. So this is a possibility if you want the functionality of the PvZ Sunflower without the PvZ aesthetic.
Test Subject
#83 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:13 PM
I'm working on a historic farming household and I'm trying to use this to mod some laundry items (I couldn't find any appropriate CC) - has anyone else had any success with this?

So far copying the washing machine script to a deco object (eg bucket) results in route failure and to a sink causes the sim to reset with the laundry still in their inventory once they've completed the 'do laundry' animation. I've had similar issues with hampers - any tips?

I also want to try out copying the toilet script onto something to make a more realistic outside toilet, could have some hilarious results
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 1:58 PM
didn't download this mod yet, but definitly gonna. Anyone tried turning a witch broom into a hoverboard/jetpack?
Instructor
#85 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:25 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 31st Mar 2018 at 10:38 PM.
I grabbed the garden gnome memorial's script, thus I could turned everything into GOLD. XD I can't attach a video there, so I'll show shots of the videos.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#86 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I'm thinking of turning a backpack into a chest... If that works, now I can have a working backpack that can actually store stuff!

Or a jetpack.

Uncreative, but the "Drinks at the Theater" bars could be very well assigned as barista bars, to make them true snack bars as they resemble one. Necro - sorrry but not sorry. I like this thread.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#87 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 2:14 PM
I’m thinking about making a radiator out of a decorative object and a fireplace. I’m hoping that makes the roof rooms useable without building walls and ceiling for the winter (I’m out of town so I can’t do it til I get home.)
Scholar
#88 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 9:26 PM
Hey we could put the mysterious mr gnome script on dr. who weeping angel cc right?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Alchemist
#89 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Hey we could put the mysterious mr gnome script on dr. who weeping angel cc right?

Doesn't work, unfortunately. You can do it but when the time comes for the statue to move, it turns into the gnome which script was used.
Scholar
#90 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Doesn't work, unfortunately. You can do it but when the time comes for the statue to move, it turns into the gnome which script was used.

Hmm could it be that the gnome has several models with different poses and the weeping angel doesn't and that's what caused it to change model?

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Site Helper
#91 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 7:48 PM
Probably. The script seems (from personal observation, not from any analysis of the code) to randomly select a form and location each time it runs, but it uses the set of poses that the script has available to it. (Otherwise you would have gnomes using poses that are specific to different kinds of gnome.) When you transfer the script to a statue, it still thinks it's running the script on the gnome it came from.

But if someone were to be interested in doing so, it might not be terribly hard for someone who knows coding to make a modified version of the script to teleport angel statues the way gnomes do.

(This is not me. I don't code, and I don't mesh.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
#92 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
But if someone were to be interested in doing so, it might not be terribly hard for someone who knows coding to make a modified version of the script to teleport angel statues the way gnomes do.

(This is not me. I don't code, and I don't mesh.)

This is the part that makes the gnome move:
Code:
private void Move()
{
    this.WarpTo(GlobalFunctions.GetWeightedRandomObject(base.LotCurrent, true, true, new GlobalFunctions.AssignWeight(this.GetGnomeDesirability)));
    if (RandomUtil.RandomChance01(kChanceChangePoseOnMove))
    {
        this.ChangePose(GetRandomMagicGnomePose());
    }
}
private void MoveToSlot()
{
    Slot slot;
    GameObject obj2 = GlobalFunctions.GetWeightedRandomDecorativeSlot(this, base.LotCurrent, out slot, new GlobalFunctions.AssignWeight(this.GetGnomeDesirability));
    if (obj2 != null)
    {
        this.WarpTo(obj2, slot);
        {
        }
    }
    else
    {
        this.Move();
    }
}
Scholar
#93 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
This is the part that makes the gnome move:
Code:
        {
        }

Hmm I think this part is dealing with the pose change while moving so maybe editing this portion in a new script will do the trick.

Mad Poster
#94 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 1:26 AM
Things you should guys try:
- Swapping functions between plumbing objects for amusing results.
- Turn a trampoline into double or vice versa (put an additional provisional bed on the side to cover up the jumping spot)
- Make computer into a tv (suprisingly plays the clips)
- Turn a motorcycle or car into aquasled.
- Professional bar into buffet table (doesn't work the other way around).

Things to try in theory:
- Turn hampers into recycle bins or vice versa
- Turn toilet paper into a sink.
- For comical affect, laundry appliance into dishwashers.
- WA clothesline into functional Ambitions clothesline
- Toilet into sprinkler (unfortunately, no fx )

Field Researcher
#95 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 2:17 AM
I think at one point I used the transmogrifier to copy the script of the audience seating in buydebug for the viewers of a stage performance on theater-looking-seats. Made a "broadway" type venue (picked the live show venue option) except instead of plays it was magicians and singers :}
Mad Poster
#96 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 1:06 PM
I wonder If you can turn the premium turnstiles into boucer ropes. With these, particulary the arch one, you could design it for airport security checkup.

Mad Poster
#97 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 5:17 AM
Tried turning a regular counter into a bar. Didn't work since the counter was against the wall and sims use the backside of the bars. Worth a shot though lol.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#98 Old 2nd May 2019 at 2:35 PM
Though turning bar into counter doesn't allow to 'snap' bar stools, so probably wouldn't have worked anyways. You could also turn them into tilts, but unfortunately they cannot merchants 'route' to them.

Test Subject
#99 Old 2nd May 2019 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordgeorgie
I'm working on a historic farming household and I'm trying to use this to mod some laundry items (I couldn't find any appropriate CC) - has anyone else had any success with this?

So far copying the washing machine script to a deco object (eg bucket) results in route failure and to a sink causes the sim to reset with the laundry still in their inventory once they've completed the 'do laundry' animation. I've had similar issues with hampers - any tips?

I also want to try out copying the toilet script onto something to make a more realistic outside toilet, could have some hilarious results

I also want to know this, if anyone has tips! I'm working on a fantasy medieval-ish world.
Scholar
#100 Old 3rd May 2019 at 6:51 AM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 3rd May 2019 at 7:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mariannabell
I also want to know this, if anyone has tips! I'm working on a fantasy medieval-ish world.

Try the one in this thread. It's quite old, but it should function. http://modthesims.info/t/503910

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Page 4 of 4