Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 11:03 PM Last edited by stefanistic : 28th Jun 2018 at 4:10 AM. Reason: applying a spoiler button for pictures
Default [updated 6/27/2018] V E N E Z I A | realistic Venice world WIP
I started working on this world a year ago. It is based on the actual city of Venice. I'm trying to make it resemble the real place as much as possible. The world is completely road-less and transportation is based on water so you must have Island Paradise installed in order to play. I went a head and started building many important landmarks. I still haven't built houses or done any landscaping at all. I'm not good at using CAW so making a world with many canals and bridges is no easy task. Without further ado, I present you Venezia.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 11:30 PM
Cool, it's looking great.
So is what I'm seeing in the second picture the entire map?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 11:34 PM
Yes, that's the entire map. It's a medium sized map. I didn't want something too big as gameplay would be sacrificed.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 11:38 PM
Looks amazing, would love to play in it once it's finished
But can you please hide the pictures under spoilers so it doesn't take 5 minuets to scroll trough it

I need a cigarette
Theorist
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:47 AM
Urgh....It looks great. That is some seriously impressive map.
*takes another look*
Gondola style houseboats would be cool.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz
Looks amazing, would love to play in it once it's finished
But can you please hide the pictures under spoilers so it doesn't take 5 minuets to scroll trough it

Thank you! Sorry, I'm still quite a noob when it comes to posting in threads. I will take your advice next time
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Urgh....It looks great. That is some seriously impressive map.
*takes another look*
Gondola style houseboats would be cool.

Thank you! Gondola house boats sound like an interesting idea
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 4:09 AM
WOW! This is really cool!
I'm in love. :lovestruc
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 8:18 AM
Gorgeous!

So should I assume that some Monte Vista content will be used as well?

There doesn't seem to be much space for gardening though. And since you said this has to be played with the Island expansion, will there be dive spots? Undersea ruins would look amazing here!
dodgy builder
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 11:46 AM
You should post this in the feedback forum. You can find it under create/creator feedback in the top meny.

You can make spoilers [spoiler ] pictures [/spoiler ], without the spaces.

I'm wondering about the terrain paint you're using. I would rather use something warmer for plazas. It looks a bit dull with that color.

Your skills making them look right is great though. It's not that easy, is it all CC, I think I see Lunas bridge there.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 12:46 PM
This is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to see more. I have always wanted to do Venice in CAW and you are doing much better than I would have I am sure.
Theorist
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:41 PM
Beautiful! I love it. Did you make your own CC for it?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:58 PM
Wow, this is really impressive! Love it!
Theorist
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 3:26 PM
Will there be a blank 64x64 lot to place the EA Amore lot?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 4:08 PM
Moved to Creator feedback forums! ^-^

But i'm speechless! The architecture is incredibly well done and gorgeous! :D
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 4:23 PM
I'm very concerned about the routing of your world. I've not tried anything like it myself, but I am not sure your bridges would be routable. Even setting aside the fact that they're not connected to any roads, they're lifted much higher than the surrounding terrain. Take this picture for example:

Have you playtested to check for routing?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Gorgeous!

So should I assume that some Monte Vista content will be used as well?

There doesn't seem to be much space for gardening though. And since you said this has to be played with the Island expansion, will there be dive spots? Undersea ruins would look amazing here!

Unfortunely, I won't be using contents from Monte Vista because it isn't similar architecturally to Venice. The same goes for undersea ruins and dive spots. It was never my priority Plus it would add a lot more work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:38 AM Last edited by stefanistic : 3rd Jun 2017 at 2:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You should post this in the feedback forum. You can find it under create/creator feedback in the top meny.

You can make spoilers [spoiler ] pictures [/spoiler ], without the spaces.

I'm wondering about the terrain paint you're using. I would rather use something warmer for plazas. It looks a bit dull with that color.

Your skills making them look right is great though. It's not that easy, is it all CC, I think I see Lunas bridge there.

Thank you for your feedback and tips. I don't post here enough to know how things work around here.
As for the terrain paint, I specifically wanted something more gray/cooler in tones because I see that's how it is in Venice when I was researching. Dull, gray ground with bright and warm buildings and roofs. And yes, there are many CC. And that absolutely is Luna's bridge.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
This is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to see more. I have always wanted to do Venice in CAW and you are doing much better than I would have I am sure.

Thank you. I have seen a few other Venice worlds out there. They are great in their own right, just not quite as ambitious as what I'm attempting to build here. Ambition doesn't mean perfect either ;P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Beautiful! I love it. Did you make your own CC for it?

Thank you! No, I owe my thanks to many creators for their CC. I will list them all once the world is completed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Moved to Creator feedback forums! ^-^

But i'm speechless! The architecture is incredibly well done and gorgeous! :D

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I'm still new when it comes to starting a thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:57 AM Last edited by stefanistic : 3rd Jun 2017 at 2:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I'm very concerned about the routing of your world. I've not tried anything like it myself, but I am not sure your bridges would be routable. Even setting aside the fact that they're not connected to any roads, they're lifted much higher than the surrounding terrain. Take this picture for example:

Have you playtested to check for routing?

Thank you. Your concern is all valid. I am still playtesting the world and I can tell you that all the bridges work. I did use very short roads to connect them, but not enough to spawn cars or anything. They are raised like that because I want enough room for sims to be able to row under them instead of through them. When a sim walks over a raised bridge, they're automatically elevated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Will there be a blank 64x64 lot to place the EA Amore lot?

There will be plenty of 64x64 lots. I doubt any of them will be blank by the time this world is completed, but you are free to replace any of the existing lots in your game.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:44 PM Last edited by daisylee : 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:55 PM.
I am very curious about the gondolas. The Amore ones used the canal piece system like the tractor and roller coaster. They would not work off lots, correct? You have some CC ones that sims can use off lots? I see there are the decorative ones here. I would love to see a test sim on one going under one of the bridges. I am curious how you will do that.

This is all looking so good. I love Venice and hope to go back there someday.
Instructor
#25 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:12 AM
Do you plan to have Gondolas as custom boats? (You may want CC creators to help you with that)
But honestly I would rather prefer boats clipping through bridges to people raised automatically when going over bridges...
Or ramps along the short roads connecting the bridges maybe? So they have a smooth transition with the low ground? (Then you can use railings / ramps / fencing to edge the ramps / use decor buildings)
Page 1 of 3