Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 2:14 AM
Default Top-down floor plan photos for uploads?
I've recently taken to designing my own houses, and now I'm trying to get all the screenshots for uploading them here. However when I go into top-down mode to get the floor plan, my game won't zoom out enough to get the whole house. Any tips?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 3:04 PM
When in top-down view, I use the + and - keys to zoom in and out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
When in top-down view, I use the + and - keys to zoom in and out.

I've tried that, but it just won't go out far enough. I'm sorely tempted to just take the picture regularly but with the angle absolutely as far as I can go, which is almost top-down, but I'm worried it wouldn't be accepted.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#4 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 2:47 PM
I have used this camera MOD for a long time and it does what it says. http://modthesims.info/d/97642
I will recommend that you use it. Read the instructions very well as it tells you how to get what you want. Hope this helps you out
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
I have used this camera MOD for a long time and it does what it says. http://modthesims.info/d/97642
I will recommend that you use it. Read the instructions very well as it tells you how to get what you want. Hope this helps you out

Thanks so much!
Theorist
#6 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 11:11 PM
While I agree in using Gunmod's camera mod, since it makes gameplay, especially building, much more practical (I will never go back to the Maxis cameras), I don't think a camera mod is needed to get good top-down pictures, or any others for that matter.
You should be able to simply press the Tab key on your keyboard and thereafter use the Q and E keys to zoom in and out. I think the A, S, D, Z and X keys also rotate the camera in various ways, as does mouse movement.
Actually, in order to take good pictures, click on the Design Tool first to get rid of the grid lines, then the Tab key to finely adjust the views.