Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tech Guru Work from Home

by NoelleBellefleur Posted 29th Jul 2017 at 11:44 AM - Updated 23rd Feb 2020 at 5:29 PM by NoelleBellefleur

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 12:53 PM
thank you, love these mods!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 2:33 PM
Perfect! Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 2:50 PM
Oh, uh, oh...thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been waiting for that. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 3:01 PM
YAY! I love your series of active works - that system rocks and deserves to be spread out even more. Thank you!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 10:52 PM
I love you.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 12:13 AM
Thank you so much for this!! Now Étienne can work from home and I can continue to use him in AOP's current tumblr challenge w/o having to wait for him to come home from work! BTW, I love ALL of your career mods. I use them all. Keep up the great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 2:03 PM
Thanks! I love the option to be able to choose to work from home :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:24 AM
This is so good, all your "work from home"-mods are very useful, especially in themed hoods! Any plans on making a "home-school" mod? :D
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 12:13 PM
Excellent! This is one of my favorite careers since I know so many techie people in real life. Thanks for making it possible to work from home :lovestruc

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:47 PM
Thank you so much for all your work at home mods! I hate missing so much time with my sims while they go off to their rabbit holes, so your mods are a must have for my game :)!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 9:39 AM
This is awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 7:52 PM
Yay, thank you, thank you. You Rock!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 3:21 AM
Thank you for all your work from home mods! Improved my game so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 3:49 AM
Oh totally awesome! I love the tech career but always felt it was better as a work from home kind of thing especially if you have a sim that is the bomb at programming. Thanks. :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:21 PM
I really appreciate your time and efforts! I was playing with this mod but it made me quit the job altogether. The programming tasks create a game or mobile app especially frustrated me, because they would come up as a daily task. I normally can't complete these tasks in 24 hours, let alone in a household with children. So my Sims wouldn't make any money. I suggest keeping these as promotion requirements and not as daily tasks for realism and enjoyment of the mod. Not sure if that is possible for work at home, but I really want to play with this mod again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Swearmanchild
I really appreciate your time and efforts! I was playing with this mod but it made me quit the job altogether. The programming tasks create a game or mobile app especially frustrated me, because they would come up as a daily task. I normally can't complete these tasks in 24 hours, let alone in a household with children. So my Sims wouldn't make any money. I suggest keeping these as promotion requirements and not as daily tasks for realism and enjoyment of the mod. Not sure if that is possible for work at home, but I really want to play with this mod again!

Thanks for the feedback. I will change it to "work for x hours on a mobile app/game".
Instructor
#18 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 2:10 PM
Hello! Thanks for your mods :-) do any of your career mods need updating for Toddler Stuffpack?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 8:10 PM
Just wanted to ask, are your mods compatible with Zerbu's Turbo Careers?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
Hello! Thanks for your mods :-) do any of your career mods need updating for Toddler Stuffpack?

Hi, I did not get any info about my mods having any problem after the toddler stuff pack update so I think it should be ok. But make a backup save before trying it just to be sure.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Courtflash
Just wanted to ask, are your mods compatible with Zerbu's Turbo Careers?

I think they are not compatible, because they change the same files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 4:45 AM
Wonderful set of mods! One question, however, I often get the "Create Social Media profile" daily task. I've never had that option on the computer for a Sim not in the Social Media career. Am I missing something obvious?
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 4:41 PM
I really like this mod! Makes life a lot easier. Only problem I have is, for example, my first assignment was play a modded game. I'm at tech guru, esports gamer track tier 8 (pro gamer). That's great and all, but first I had to mod it, then play it. I got that done, then my work hours were over. I didn't even get to the other assignment of programming for 3 hours.

Second day, create a social media profile. This isn't possible without charisma level 5 (or being in the social media career) which I don't have, so I've made my needs static while I get there and I'm only just level 3 of charisma and my shift is over in an hour, so I won't get paid again. It's quite hard to complete them in this time frame. I'll try it for a few more days and see if I can complete the tasks now I'm getting some headstart but I may have to stop using it as the first few have been difficult to complete in time

Otherwise this is a really great mod and in an awesome collection, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 3:57 AM
I don't think I gave you a thanks before, so, thank you. This has made my sims lives easier. I was waiting till one of the parents made it to the top of their career before having children, so that one parent could quit their job and stay home till they passed the toddler stage. Now with this both parents can keep working.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 5:54 PM
Thank you for your great work! I'm really enjoying it. I don't want to hurry you, but looking forward to your secret agent and astronaut career mods, too! Thanx again!
Page 1 of 3