Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lower job promotion chances

by Lamare Posted 5th Oct 2017 at 7:05 PM - Updated 11th Feb 2022 at 2:24 PM by Lamare

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 8:13 PM
Nice tweak - thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 9:39 PM
Very usefull mod. My sim are very skill so their career progress too fast. Nevermore !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 3:32 AM
Thanks so much, I didn't know this was something I wanted
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 2:17 PM
This is great! Is there anyway it could be made selectable? Like is there a way the mod could not be global, but be triggered by an object that could be placed in a sim's inventory? If not, that's fine. I was just thinking that sometimes there are sims you just don't want to be promoted.
just a girl
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 2:56 PM
@smorbie1, what you describe is the Job Stopinator by Cyjon
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:33 PM
Sweeeet. I love this. Is there anything Lisa "Lamare" Simpson can't do?!
Thank you for this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 8:06 PM
Thank you! This is awesome! I do feel weird getting to the top of my career eh...next day I graduated the university.
Now this will take a while. I took 10%
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 11:18 AM
@Lamare
Thank you for this great mod. I've tried 10´but it's just too little for me so I'm replacing it with 50% and see how it goes.
I took a look at it in SimPE and if 50% is not good for me, can I change it to like 75% myself?
Also what do these other values mean like Fired Limit, Demotion min,...?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
just a girl
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 6:28 PM
@lientebollemeis, yes, you can. As for other values:
- Fired Limit is a level of performance, from which a sim can be fired.
- Demotion Min, similarly, is performance to be demoted. Demotion Range is used for randomising. Note: Demotion Min minus Demotion Range shouldn't be less than -100. I'm not sure whether demotion min+range should add up to fired limit... I forget stuff so quickly
- Promotion Min is minimum performance to have a chance to be promoted. Promotion Range is used for randomising as well. Promotion Min plus Promotion Range shouldn't be higher than 100.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:50 PM
Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:58 PM
@lamare
Would it be possible to let the game show a popup when there's the possibility to be promoted and then the player can choose yes or no?
A bit like bring a friend home from work/school and then the yes no option?
I think that would be ever better than the chance of promotion option cause then it's totally up to the player and not the game.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
just a girl
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
@lamare
Would it be possible to let the game show a popup when there's the possibility to be promoted and then the player can choose yes or no?
A bit like bring a friend home from work/school and then the yes no option?
I think that would be ever better than the chance of promotion option cause then it's totally up to the player and not the game.

I have actually done that last year, and it's here I'm my CFF thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...337#post5285337
I will release all new job related mods in one thread when I'm ready.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I have actually done that last year, and it's here I'm my CFF thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...337#post5285337
I will release all new job related mods in one thread when I'm ready.

I'm really interested in that mod too, but it only shows up in a "Show Old History" section. Is it actually available for download anywhere?
just a girl
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 5:28 AM
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 11:04 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 11:58 AM
Hi Lamare! Hope you’re doing alright.

I’ve been using the 50% version of this great mod for quite some time now, but I feel like lowering it even more, yet 10% seems too small of a chance.

Would it be possible for you to create a 25% version? I’ve been trying to do it myself but I can’t seem to figure it out. I’d be very grateful!
just a girl
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 5:43 PM
Hey @dMatildab
Added 25% version for you
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Hey @dMatildab
Added 25% version for you

That’s great! Thank you so much for taking the time
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 5:55 PM
Thank you, I really like this! Would be even cooler if it were possible to give college graduates their own promotion chance. E.g. If uneducated sims have a 50% chance, educated sims have a 75% chance.
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by D.J.ELMME
Thank you, I really like this! Would be even cooler if it were possible to give college graduates their own promotion chance. E.g. If uneducated sims have a 50% chance, educated sims have a 75% chance.

Cyjon has a mod similar to this which makes promotions more difficult for uneducated sims, but not impossible: http://cyjon.net/node/309

Interestingly, these mods don't seem to conflict.
just a girl
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chioma5
Interestingly, these mods don't seem to conflict.

Yep, I use both mods myself
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 2:23 AM
Thanks so much for this! I notice above you said this mod doesn't conflict with Cyjon's education iz gud mod, but I was wondering if you happen to know if it would conflict with a similar mod called Doctors need Degrees? As far as I can tell it's the same as Cyjon's, just with some jobs able to be maxed out even without college (criminal, slacker, etc.). I imagine both mods would edit the same line of code, but I'm not a modder so I figured I'd ask
just a girl
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 2:22 PM
Hi @ali23
The mods won't conflict. They are responsible for different stuff and don't interfere with each other. My mod edits random percent chance to be considered for promotion after a day of work. KittyCarey's mod changes requirements - if a sim qualifies for a given level. These things, because of the way they're coded, can be changed independently.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 9:52 PM
@lamare Thank you so much
Page 1 of 2