Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Young Adult's Job Panel Revealer - Experimental

by Lamare Posted 6th Oct 2017 at 7:17 PM - Updated 9th Oct 2021 at 9:31 PM by Lamare

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:34 PM
I am so glad to see this up. And it goes great with Michelle's recolors of Moghughson's Job Seeking Board to hang up both next to eachother.
I can't wait to see your mod to support students' jobs uploaded too.
Thanks for all these great creations you make!

Edit:
Just one question. In the animation ou see the major scheduled from 15:00 to 17:00 and work from 11:00 to 17:00 so the student can't go to class. Is there a fast/easy way to change that schedule or is it the point to just change the major or job?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:48 PM
I've always wanted something like this in my game. I use the Sim Blender to give some of my YA jobs while they are in college. Right now I have 2 students that are working, one is continuing her ballet career that she began as a teen and another Sim is in the military. When my Sims get a promotion I just write it down. I must admit that the change in aging status (as brief as it may be) concerns me a little. Since this is experimental I would love to see feedback from other Simmers who are using it.
just a girl
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:53 PM
@lientebollemeis, thanks.
Schedules are tied to careers and majors. I don't think you can change hours unless you mod them. So yeah, working students will have to juggle a bit - call in sick, change jobs, skip class. No one said it's easy to be a working student
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Schedules are tied to careers and majors. I don't think you can change hours unless you mod them. So yeah, working students will have to juggle a bit - call in sick, change jobs, skip class. No one said it's easy to be a working student

I thought so. With reading this, I was thinking about my PTO3 versions of (most of) the careers I made. It might make it a bit easier for the students.
And you're right, with this issue making it harder it makes it more realistic too.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 9:09 PM
For the most part I play with custom careers. I also have default replacement careers and majors in my game that I've modified for my own game play. In addition, TJ's college adjuster is also a big help allowing you to extend the time between finals; as well having a mod that doesn't schedule finals at night so my Sims can call in sick or take a vacation day. I've been playing this way for years, even without the default majors and careers.
just a girl
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:16 AM
Default Hot fix is hot
Updated diary file (deleted sneaky extra file from the package)

LilSister, yeah, I wish there was another way, too. I wanted to modify the UI itself, but, damn, is it complicated mess! I managed to find some UI files that have to do with job and major panels and buttons, but how to put them together, like with working teens, is beyond me.
I figure, as long as we do this on pause, it's like nothing happened, since no time went by. But I might not know enough.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 9:37 PM
This'll be so helpful: a lot of my students use Inteen to have jobs in college. (Hey, if you've got three kids, you need a job!)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 10:11 AM
I tested this and changing the ui to the job panel works perfectly. I gave my YA sim a job by using the job board of moghughson.
I didnt try searching the newspaper, but search the computer isnt possible four YA I guess.
I know you're working on a mod to enable it for YA which is good, but in meantime I keep using the job board of moghughson.
So YA have always been able to have a job (with a modded object like the job board), but it was nearly unplayable because you couldnt see it in the job panel. Now we can see it thanks to this mod.
Thanks for this wonderful and so useful mod.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 6:32 PM
You. are. amazing. *bows*
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 8:01 AM
I have some YAs who are employed on owned business lots. This mod is a great help since the job panel includes the name of the business that the YA works for (I keep forgetting which ones work where).
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 10:08 AM
This looks useful for young adults living off campus as I might have that happening.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare

It's actually pretty easy. Real-life doesn't crash or glitch. You have a school schedule and work when you're not in class.