Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:44 PM
That's so sad, I hope she'll get better.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 6:07 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Sunni.
Scholar
#53 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 7:05 AM
Have just listened to the latest audio. It's hard to hear, but I believe I got the gist of it; that in her very specific case, there are no viable options. I believe I hear Dr Naval explaining that it's not the size of the clot that is an issue but where it extends to, so even extreme thermal therapy wouldn't be an option.

I'm physically shaking for Stas and family right now. Stas, sweetheart, if all else should fall through, we can all know that Sunni will pass oblivious to any pain or mental awareness. For her, she'll be going from a normal day, with you, on earth, suddenly in to the Lords loving arms. That's one thing we all have to remember about passing. We, as observers, might be seeing suffering and 'the end' of a life, but to the soul transitioning, they're going from one place to another in the blink of an eye. For them, it's not the end but the start. The start of their lives in their true home and in their glorified, unblemished, faultless bodies. A kind of perfect we can't comprehend while we live here.

But, it's not the end until it happens. I very much believe in miracles and have heard stories you wouldn't believe if they weren't told by surgeons themselves. It's not about whether God can, but whether he will, and in either case God is absolutely just. That's one thing we can always be guaranteed; He is always right.

I'm sure by now that 'staying strong' is just about impossible for you right now Stas, so I shan't say that. Instead you need to know that things will be okay. Don't focus on the big picture. Focus on one hour at a time and no more. Tell the others there (her parents?) the same thing. Hug each other whenever you need it. I didn't know Sunni, but I imagine she would want her dearest loved ones to come together when any one of them suffers. My husband and I are praying often for you all.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 11:46 AM
Beautifully put, Bubblebeam. I woke up this morning with Sunni on my mind and have been praying for her and her family nonstop since then.

It's hard because we usually don't know the reasons why these things happen. Sometimes we can look back later and understand, but often it remains a mystery to us. In Sunni's case it seems the doctors are learning a lot that can help others down the road. That's cold solace, I know, but that is often how medical science advances.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#55 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:50 PM
I'm also an original member at PBK, and I just wanted to thank those of you that bothered to actually go over to the forum and post your well wishes. A few days ago she was reacting, now she is not. But that doesn't mean she doesn't hear our words that Stas reads to her. Regardless of the outcome of this, it's always best to stay positive, and I'm reminding myself of that right now because today and yesterday I had to vent a little. I've known Sunni since before PBK, and although we never talked on the phone in real life, we always checked in with one another over messages. Deep, deep conversations that I don't have very often with very many people. I even at one point, convinced her to get a kitten due to my work with rescuing animals. I'm so heartbroken right now, it's hard to stay positive, but it's best to stay positive.
Sunni has had health issues for most of her life, but nobody expected this and just a few days ago although she was in pain, she was otherwise okay. This is a reminder to all of you to hold those dear to you closely. Tell the people that you care about how you feel, because they could be gone in an instant from this world. I've made the mistake too often of not telling people that they meant something to me, and when they passed away I regretted it, and will for the rest of my life. Life is short folks. Make every moment count.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 2:45 PM Last edited by gazania : 17th Jan 2018 at 5:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by child_of_air
I'm also an original member at PBK, and I just wanted to thank those of you that bothered to actually go over to the forum and post your well wishes. A few days ago she was reacting, now she is not. But that doesn't mean she doesn't hear our words that Stas reads to her. Regardless of the outcome of this, it's always best to stay positive, and I'm reminding myself of that right now because today and yesterday I had to vent a little. I've known Sunni since before PBK, and although we never talked on the phone in real life, we always checked in with one another over messages. Deep, deep conversations that I don't have very often with very many people. I even at one point, convinced her to get a kitten due to my work with rescuing animals. I'm so heartbroken right now, it's hard to stay positive, but it's best to stay positive.
Sunni has had health issues for most of her life, but nobody expected this and just a few days ago although she was in pain, she was otherwise okay. This is a reminder to all of you to hold those dear to you closely. Tell the people that you care about how you feel, because they could be gone in an instant from this world. I've made the mistake too often of not telling people that they meant something to me, and when they passed away I regretted it, and will for the rest of my life. Life is short folks. Make every moment count.

In all fairness, some people can't get over there due to registration issues and other site problems. And some might have posted under another username. Most of those who couldn't get over there know, I think, that the admins there have other things to think about right now, so they post here or on other sites/social platforms such as Tumblr.

People in a coma can perceive things differently. One person in a YouTube video who was in a coma for weeks said it was as if she was in a very strange dream. My friend I mentioned in a previous post said it was a blackout. One minute he was going about his everyday life; the next minute, he woke up in a hospital bed weeks later. Some report that sometimes, they could hear what was around them. When my son visited a dear neighbor of ours and a close friend of his who had a heart attack and fell into a coma, and he told the neighbor how much he valued their friendship, the neighbor briefly squeezed his hand. (Unfortunately, the neighbor did not make it.)

I would like to think that hearing of kind words, prayers or thoughts might at least be soothing to the person in the coma. Really, since experiences differ, we don't know. But I think there is a chance.

And I echo the sentiment. Your time may come seven minutes from now or seventy years. But constantly let people you care about know you care about them, and don't waste too much time on petty crap between you.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:18 PM
Thank you, Gazania, I was trying not to take offense at that first statement and to realize the stress everyone over there is undergoing. I am one of the many who can't log in. It's a perpetual problem. I've created several different emails and used each one only to be told the next time I try that I am not registered. So, I finally gave up. I think a lot of us have experienced that.

But, in my mind, that has nothing to do with this thread. I started this thread to inform the people here about what was going on.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:34 PM
Hi, I'm on the mod team over at PBK. For those of you who can't register, there's a Tumblr post that I posted to the official PBK Tumblr that you can reply to if you have a Tumblr. Here's a link to the post. I hope that helps at least some of you. Right now registration will continue to be disabled on PBK. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 5:19 PM Last edited by gazania : 17th Jan 2018 at 5:33 PM.
Most recent report (omglo already posted it in the Sims 2 forum):

I am reading and crying through the posts, so much love and support from you guys. I can't thank you everyone personally, but believe me guys your words and prayers mean everything to me.

Over last night Sunni's condition has worsened drastically. One of the pupils stopped reacting, her cranial pressure has gone over 40, her lungs on x-ray look very flooded, white.

The new doctor says she has reach the level when therapy won't do much, it will only push her other organs to fail.

I am waiting in Sunni's room, holding her hand. Her parents are expected to come some time in the next hour. It was decided that when everyone is here to let Sunni into what they call the "comfort care".

I'm shocked at myself that I stopped crying long enough to make this post.

I'm infinitely grateful to you guys.

This was last posted/edited at 12:02 PM today. According to rugrat0ne's post, the original information was posted around 11:06 AM. Might be a time zone difference.

I will never stop hoping and praying for a miracle until the end, but if it has to be, I pray for a peaceful passing, and that somehow, Sunni has realized just how people care about her. And if it has to be, my deepest condolences to Stas and Sunni's parents.

Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:18 AM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news. According to Stas, Sunni has peacefully passed away in the Baptist Health Downtown, Jacksonville, FL, at 3:58PM EST.
Scholar
#61 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:27 AM
Stas, I've prayed and prayed about this, so what has come to pass was the good Lords will. I pray that in time, this can bring you all comfort. She's home now, just waiting for the rest of you. God bless you.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:46 AM
I am so sorry to read this. I wish I could write something more eloquent, but I can't.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:50 AM
I'm so sorry. Her whole family and those who loved her are in my prayers. She's home now.

Test Subject
#64 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:05 AM
My prayers and thoughts go out to her family and other loved ones. She will be greatly missed. I hope that Stas can take comfort in knowing that she positively affected the lives of countless numbers of people.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#65 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:12 AM
She is no longer suffering, Sunni have went into her next life, there she will be healthy. My deep heart felt feeling go to all her family and dear friends. You will all heal in time Sunni will watch over you all from above.
She is now at peace with no pain, she now live where all good people go. There she will meet God and all his angels. LOVE :lovestruc

Click on picture for a larger view.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:23 AM
Mad Poster
#67 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:37 AM
Tears in eyes but joy in heart, I pray for those that stay and those who depart.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#68 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:44 AM
Sad news - I'm really sorry to hear it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#69 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:46 AM
I am so, so sorry to read this. My heart breaks for her family and loved ones.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#70 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 1:51 AM
So sad. Prayers and thoughts go out to her family and loved ones.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:38 AM Last edited by AngieLady : 18th Jan 2018 at 5:00 AM.
I'm so sorry to hear about Sunni's passing. My heart goes out to Stas and the family.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#72 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:15 AM
Field Researcher
#73 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:08 PM
I'm so sorry and saddened to hear this. *hugs* to all who are grieving.

aka Dominie aka Kim.
Scholar
#74 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:23 PM
so sorry to hear she died

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Test Subject
#75 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:15 PM
That's really sad. My heart goes to her family. May Sunni rest in peace.
Locked thread
Page 3 of 4